[Q] Not recognizing after installing SDK

Search This thread

dcon025

Apr 30, 2013
Hopefully someone can help me because I have been stuck for days and I have researched nonstop. My phone was working fine and could connect to my pc a week ago. I installed Android SDK and eclipse so I could try and develop an application. Now that I have installed it, my phone will not connect to my PC. My tablet will not either. I have ticked the USB debugging on and off, updating drivers from Motorola as well as the Google usb drivers from the sdk manager. When i type in the command for adb devices, no device is shown. In the device manager, my device does not show up. It doesn't even charge anymore. I have the original cords, but have tried others just in case. I am running Windows 8.0 if that makes a difference.

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
Hopefully someone can help me because I have been stuck for days and I have researched nonstop. My phone was working fine and could connect to my pc a week ago. I installed Android SDK and eclipse so I could try and develop an application. Now that I have installed it, my phone will not connect to my PC. My tablet will not either. I have ticked the USB debugging on and off, updating drivers from Motorola as well as the Google usb drivers from the sdk manager. When i type in the command for adb devices, no device is shown. In the device manager, my device does not show up. It doesn't even charge anymore. I have the original cords, but have tried others just in case. I am running Windows 8.0 if that makes a difference.

do you actually need eclipse? did you try uninstalling everything to see if you could connect again?

likely you do not need eclipse and should have just installed the sdk but i have never had the problem you are describing. i would just uninstall everything and get it working again then re-try installing whatever you want to

dcon025

Apr 30, 2013
do you actually need eclipse? did you try uninstalling everything to see if you could connect again?

likely you do not need eclipse and should have just installed the sdk but i have never had the problem you are describing. i would just uninstall everything and get it working again then re-try installing whatever you want to

I may sound stupid because I don't know enough about this.. But don't I need eclipse to make an application? I am going to try to make an application for my class, and thought I needed eclipse and the sdk. I am currently uninstalling it all to see if it helps any.

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
I may sound stupid because I don't know enough about this.. But don't I need eclipse to make an application? I am going to try to make an application for my class, and thought I needed eclipse and the sdk. I am currently uninstalling it all to see if it helps any.

well there are other IDEs out there besides eclipse but you can use that one. Sounds like you are about to have a pretty big uphill battle creating an app lol.

But if you get everything to work without anything installed, try re downloading and installing everything without your phone plugged into the computer. I have no idea if that would work or if it would matter at all but it could i guess. that's where i would start. it should screw anything up on your computer that wouldn't let you connect your phone but maybe something weird happened.

i just did some research and only found people having similar problems with samsung phones. And the solution was downloading some kies program for samsung phones. so idk what else to tell you.

dcon025

Apr 30, 2013
well there are other IDEs out there besides eclipse but you can use that one. Sounds like you are about to have a pretty big uphill battle creating an app lol.

But if you get everything to work without anything installed, try re downloading and installing everything without your phone plugged into the computer. I have no idea if that would work or if it would matter at all but it could i guess. that's where i would start. it should screw anything up on your computer that wouldn't let you connect your phone but maybe something weird happened.

i just did some research and only found people having similar problems with samsung phones. And the solution was downloading some kies program for samsung phones. so idk what else to tell you.

Ahhhh it worked! My pc will finally recognize my device. I'm not sure what the problem was either, I got the same results when I was researching. No one seemed to have the exact same problem.

I'm definitely going to have some problems trying to create an app haha.. The SDK came with eclipse, so I just assumed I had to use it. I'm pretty sure I'm in over my head! Is there another IDE that you recommend? The easiest method is the method I'm going to take for sure.

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
Ahhhh it worked! My pc will finally recognize my device. I'm not sure what the problem was either, I got the same results when I was researching. No one seemed to have the exact same problem.

I'm definitely going to have some problems trying to create an app haha.. The SDK came with eclipse, so I just assumed I had to use it. I'm pretty sure I'm in over my head! Is there another IDE that you recommend? The easiest method is the method I'm going to take for sure.

eclipse is fine. a lot of people use it. just search through xda and you will find threads teaching you how to build apps, but unless you are going to spend a good amount of time or already know how to code, prepare to be ticked off.

Reactions: dcon025

dcon025

Apr 30, 2013
eclipse is fine. a lot of people use it. just search through xda and you will find threads teaching you how to build apps, but unless you are going to spend a good amount of time or already know how to code, prepare to be ticked off.

I have 10 weeks left to make it, so I've got plenty of time. I know how to code a little bit, but I'm not very good at it. I'll give eclipse a try and see if it works this time. Thanks for the help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.