[Q] N5 doesn't show if it's charged when using USB connection

Search This thread

ilcontegis

Mar 18, 2010
Kawasaki
Dear all,

I have a very strange issue which starts to be really annoying.
My N5 (which was recently updated to 4.4.3) works normally. If I charge it using the wall plug (usb inserted inside the wall plug) everything works perfectly and the N5 shows how much is it charging and how much battery is left.

If I charge my N5 using only the USB cable, connected to my PC, the N5 is still charged but I cannot see it on the phone. Let me explain. If my N5 is 50% battery and I put it to charge using the USB cable. I do not see the percentage increase. As well once I remove the USB cable I wont see any decrease in the battery percentage. The only way to bring it back to normal is to switch off and back on the phone to see the updated battery percentage.

Is there any way to fix this. Rebooting my phone multiple times a day is really annoying.
Thank you for your time
Regards

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
You don't have any charging animation or the percent doesn't increase? Because charging through a USB connexion doesn't provide a lot of juice so you are maybe consuming the same energy.

ilcontegis

Mar 18, 2010
Kawasaki
The phone is actually charging. In fact if I restart the N5 after a whole night charging it will show full charge.
Still I am obliged to restart the phone to show the battery charged, otherwise it will stuck at the percentage it was when I put it to charge.

Regards

Staggerlee66

Mar 11, 2014
Id try battery widget reborn. I know its not getting to the root but id bet it works.

Please fix the F/C on this application. Thx.