[Q] Ringtone and Notificationtone

Search This thread

newbi4711

Nov 18, 2008
With my galaxys3 I was able to assign each contact ringtone, and notification separately. Now I have bought the HTC 816. Here I can only assign ringtone in contacts. Is there no way per contact assign a seperaat notification sound its own?

hoyler30589

Apr 26, 2006
HTC U11 Eyes
Google Pixel 4a
Hi it is possible just go into the people app and find the specific contact and select the contact towards the bottom of the page there's a button on the screen that allows you to assign different ringtones :) hope that helps

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using XDA Premium HD app

newbi4711

Nov 18, 2008
Thanks for the quick answer:eek:
But I look for a posibility to change ringtone and notifications seperat for a contact like

contakt A
rintone : tone a
notificationtone : tone b

contact B
ringtone : tone b
notificationtone :tone d

hoyler30589

Apr 26, 2006
HTC U11 Eyes
Google Pixel 4a
your welcome :) Ah ok how I did it was set the ringtone in the people app like I described then I use handcent sms app and set notifications for the contacts In there sorry don't know how to do it otherwise hopefully someone else will pop in and help :)

myhtc816

Aug 10, 2014
HTC ringtone

your welcome :) Ah ok how I did it was set the ringtone in the people app like I described then I use handcent sms app and set notifications for the contacts In there sorry don't know how to do it otherwise hopefully someone else will pop in and help :)

Hi,

Even i am facing this issue.
Whenever i set a ringtone for the contact, same ringtone plays for both call and messages.

Please help, thanks for your support.