[Q] I have a problem

Search This thread
Feb 3, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Okay, so I have a T Mobile SGH t999l, a few months back I rooted it, that went smoothly. I then kept it rooted for a couple of months. Later, I wanted to restore my device to factory settings, (and did so very smoothly) but I forgot to uninstall superuser for unrooting it. It still works fine, but when I checked it with root checker (pro), I got error messages saying my phone was not properly rooted. Ever since then, I've been afraid to root my phone again. Someone, please help me get my phone back up, working, and rooted again (and a step-by-step guide, if I have to do it some special way now (if not, please, just tell me so)).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-03-23-21-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-03-23-21-00.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2014-04-03-23-21-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-03-23-21-24.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2014-04-03-23-21-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-03-23-21-43.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
What build are you running? If you have a custom recovery installed, just flash the latest SuperSU from chainfires thread.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
There are several ways to gain root, all of which are well
documented. Im not going to rewrite another guide on it, just too much when its been done already.
Go to the firmware thread linked in my sig and download the root66 firmware for your device. Flash via odin and you will be rooted. You will find instructions in the same thread, or the root66 thread and many other places via search.
Just backup important data first, just in case.
And check the other sticky threads too for alternatives and more info.
If you have a specific question about any of ill be glad to answer it, theres just no sense in rewriting whats already been done. Dont take it the wrong way.
Two things, stay away from the toolkit if you find it, and most odin instructions are for Odin v3.07. If you use v3.09, the only difference is use AP instead of PDA, they are the same. Youll understand if you run into it.

Feb 3, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
There are several ways to gain root, all of which are well
documented. Im not going to rewrite another guide on it, just too much when its been done already.
Go to the firmware thread linked in my sig and download the root66 firmware for your device. Flash via odin and you will be rooted. You will find instructions in the same thread, or the root66 thread and many other places via search.
Just backup important data first, just in case.
And check the other sticky threads too for alternatives and more info.
If you have a specific question about any of ill be glad to answer it, theres just no sense in rewriting whats already been done. Dont take it the wrong way.
Two things, stay away from the toolkit if you find it, and most odin instructions are for Odin v3.07. If you use v3.09, the only difference is use AP instead of PDA, they are the same. Youll understand if you run into it.

Are you %100 sure (given my specific predicament) this will work? No offense, but it sounds kind of generic, given one specific set of circumstances.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
You can never be 100% when doing anything to your device. But as a general rule, if you are having problems, odin flashing stock firmware and factory resetting is the best chance of fixing stuff. Root66 is pretty much the same thing, only pre rooted, with knox removed. Its as close as you can get to 100% stock rooted on 4.3.
The only real issue is usually if you are still running base firmware build 4.1.2. At this point there is no warranty bit and you can still flash older firmware. Once on 4.3 this changes. So if youre already on 4.3 firmware, theres nothing to really lose by reflashing it or updating to the newer 4.3.
I wouldnt call it generic, as I stated above, this is often the best chance of getting things working the way you want. Its solved countless issues.
In the end its up to you what route you want to go. If youre not comfortable with my recommendation, I suggest you read up on other alternatives and choose what you are comfortable with. Wont hurt my feelings either way. Its your device and your risk, so be comfortable with what you are about to do.

rkkaranrk

Mar 7, 2011
Try to take risk it never harms, Those who never did a mistake they never tried anything u learn from your mistakes.

Just got the T-mo T999 was on stock 4.3 flashed the cf root with ODIN, Rotted used GO im to flash the recovery BAM DONE. Stock rooted with recovery installed.

Now searching for a ROM. :p

Reactions: Give me a break
Feb 3, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Please, HELP!!!

I was trying to install an Xposed module, but I don't remember which one, and I don't remember anything after that. Now my phone is not working (at least, not like you'd expect it to) anymore. Whenever I try to do much of anything, it starts displaying messages like "Unfortunately, '.............' has stopped", or "Unfortunately, the process '.............' has stopped". The most notable being, "Unfortunately, Google play Services has stopped", and "Unfortunately, the process com.google.processes.gapps has stopped". Please, HELP!!!

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
I have a problem

I was trying to install an Xposed module, but I don't remember which one, and I don't remember anything after that. Now my phone is not working (at least, not like you'd expect it to) anymore. Whenever I try to do much of anything, it starts displaying messages like "Unfortunately, '.............' has stopped", or "Unfortunately, the process '.............' has stopped". The most notable being, "Unfortunately, Google play Services has stopped", and "Unfortunately, the process com.google.processes.gapps has stopped". Please, HELP!!!

It works well enough, after I get through all the original errors I can call (and receive calls), and receive texts, but I can't use the keyboard, or any of the apps involving any form of Wireless Data (eg. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G/4G or any other cellular data) or GPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try to take risk it never harms, Those who never did a mistake they never tried anything u learn from your mistakes.

Just got the T-mo T999 was on stock 4.3 flashed the cf root with ODIN, Rotted used GO im to flash the recovery BAM DONE. Stock rooted with recovery installed.

Now searching for a ROM. :p