WiFi AP no longer works after TWRP restore?

Search This thread

Aadilnz

Apr 1, 2012
Queensland
Hi guys, has anyone else encountered that WiFi AP will refuse to work after restoring from a TWRP Backup? (it worked fine when the backup was made). Has happened multiple times to me, at least while running PA (can't remember if it occurred on other ROMs as well).

It simply says "Error" under the setting menu. WiFi also won't work after trying this until a restart.

I've tried the following, none seem to work:
  • Wipe /System and reflash rom
  • Reflash Kernel
  • Try different kernels (including PA stock)

Apart from clean flashing, does anyone have other possible solutions?

five40

Jan 18, 2008
NYC
I have noticed the same issue multiple times after a restore.
Only way I've found to get it working again is a factory reset then clean install, which a pain in the ass.

Aadilnz

Apr 1, 2012
Queensland
I have noticed the same issue multiple times after a restore.
Only way I've found to get it working again is a factory reset then clean install, which a pain in the ass.

Yea, clean installing almost ruins the whole point of that backup though (unless you want to restore so you can run Titanium or another app/data specific backup app).

Have you noticed it across roms? Or only on PA?

Thanks for your reply.

five40

Jan 18, 2008
NYC
Never ran PA.

I ran Stock or Cataclysm for the most part.

But I tried Vanir, Slim, Carbon & Liquid Smooth.

Whenever I would discover a bug in any of those ROM's I would revert back to my Stock Nandroid and the WIFI AP would give me an error message.

I then would have to factory reset and start from scratch to get WIFI AP working again. Deleting the data/wifi folder did not help like some people suggested.