Kitkat GS3 at&t confirmed

Search This thread

rnagam1

Jan 27, 2012
CM 11 is highly unstable. Lot of problems with Camera and Bluetooth. I installed CM 11 and then went back to CM 10.2.2

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
At this point it had to do with each carrier, not Samsung. I would speculate that att will be next to last on pushing this out, with only Verizon waiting longer.

rnagam1

Jan 27, 2012
Current AT&T website for Samsung Galaxy S3 says v4.4 (KitKat).. Hopefully OTA arrives soon:laugh:

srnoth

Dec 19, 2010
Got the sprint rom installed on my D2ATT from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533

1) Extract the ZIP file.
2) Extract the TAR file.
3) Use ext4_unpacker_exe to extract the system.img.ext4 to a regular system.img
4) Copy the new system.img file and the boot.img previously extracted to the root of your external SDCard
5) In recovery (I used TWRP) wipe all partitions and reboot recovery.
6) In recovery, using ADB, run the following:
Code:
dd if=/external_sd/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
dd if=/external_sd/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7
7) Reboot and enjoy 4.4 (hopefully everything went smoothly, takes a few minutes to boot).

Note that I am on MJB bootloader/modem. Also wifi is not working on this ROM (usual occurrence when using kernels/boot.img from a different version). Mobile data is working though.

Not really sure this is usable as a daily driver, but hope this helps others begin playing around with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-02-18-12-36.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-02-18-12-36.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:

lemonboi5

Sep 24, 2012
www.facebook.com

1) Extract the ZIP file.
2) Extract the TAR file.
4) Copy the new system.img file and the boot.img previously extracted to the root of your external SDCard
Code:
7) Reboot and enjoy 4.4 (hopefully everything went smoothly, takes a few minutes to boot).

Note that I am on MJB bootloader/modem. Also wifi is not working on this ROM (usual occurrence when using kernels/boot.img from a different version). Mobile data is working though.

Not really sure this is usable as a daily driver, but hope this helps others begin playing around with it.
CNexus has a odex and deodexed version released now.
You could use the sprint 4.4 kernel but not radio right?

MrFhenix

Reactions: lemonboi5

lemonboi5

Sep 24, 2012
www.facebook.com
So exited!!!! AAAARRGGGGGGGG

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Lemon thi is your Qeu :)

Yes, but I repeat! and tell everyone! Do not install CNexus' Deodexed/Odexed 4.4 ND8 Roms on any other carrier! It will not boot, some even suffer a Bricked device. Wait for one of us to release a respective ROM. something about this Update is deadly.

talkingmonkeys

Inactive Recognized RC / RT
May 15, 2013
Yes, but I repeat! and tell everyone! Do not install CNexus' Deodexed/Odexed 4.4 ND8 Roms on any other carrier! It will not boot, some even suffer a Bricked device. Wait for one of us to release a respective ROM. something about this Update is deadly.

Tried warning people to just wait I had a feeling knox would give issues just like it did when we got 4.3. Not to mention you guys are trying to use a kernel that isn't made for us. It probably can be edited to work but you're better off waiting.

Only use for that rom for our devices would be to get a head start on themes because the same images are used across all the s3s. It shouldn't be too much longer guys. Just enjoy all the great 4.3 and custom roms for a few more weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

shahrozeumar

Dec 22, 2012
Karachi
Hey guys,

Can I update to any better stock ROM from 4.1.2? I got it unlocked and it has the root with stock recovery.

Thanks ahead!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was going to try to get a rom out this afternoon but had to puck up my daughter a few hours earlier than expected. I should be able to get it later tonight though. But everyone, PLEASE be patient. In the end, you know you will get a rom, but constantly asking for it does not make anything happen any faster.

1) Extract the ZIP file.
    2) Extract the TAR file.
    Code:

Fellows Lemonboi5 port of kk . Running great on Sg3. I travel 455 to 570 miles a night no problem with likewise s5 Rom.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using LikeWise S5 on Sg3 & Tapatalk Pro.
    Current ATT web details for S3 says
    “ Android™ v4.3; upgradeable to v4.4”

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

I just checked on the mobile site and it straight up said 4.4.