video playback too dark

Search This thread

whatsisnametake2

Sep 15, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
hi folks,

I just got an n8010 and I like it alot. only thing thats bothering me is the display brightness during video playback. for normal use its fine and I set it to about 4o%, but for video playback even when set max brightness its still not bright enough. have tried all the usual players. is there a video player that can increase brightness? or a different rom that gives higher maximum brightess? I also have an acer aspire one 725 netbook, and its screen brightness is much better for video playback.

thanks,

gary.

lordofstuff

Jul 19, 2013
Cleveland
Have you made sure that power saving mode is off? It limits screen brightness, and I would guess it tries to do this especially if you are doing something that keeps the screen on for a long time, like watching a video. Also, you should check under the display settings, since there is a setting that tries to optimize the colors for different use cases. It's called screen mode. play with those settings a bit and see if your experience improves any. Finally, make sure auto brightness is off, and then you can manually put the brightness all the way up using the slider in the status bar.

Hope I helped you. :)

Psykologikal

Feb 2, 2012
Tried all the options. It has an outdoor mode which is brighter but seems to really wash out the color. Max brightness is a good start as auto bright is never enough to watch something in thus tablet. I'm hoping to find a way to increase the brightness even more tho.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

vns_firefly

Jan 6, 2014
Try using MX Player and slide your finger up at the left edge of the screen while playing. This player's screen brightness is independent to system brightness, and on my device its max brightness seems even brighter.

Last edited: