Bills in google now

Search This thread

k0smo86

Nov 2, 2010
Do I need to do something special to get this feature working? I still don't see the option for it in google now and I'm very curious to see it in action. Figured I would have it by now.

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc
Do I need to do something special to get this feature working? I still don't see the option for it in google now and I'm very curious to see it in action. Figured I would have it by now.

i think you'll need email scanning turned on for this to work, also the biller's email would have to have amount owed & date..

i know for other things, like flights, calender meetings, google now has been, eerily, useful;

i remember booking a flight, & getting a comfirmation email months in advance, & didn't want to invest 10mins to grep my emails for it, that following weekend, google now did it for me! flight, time, & gate number..

i don't know about bills though, lol, like sprint, they'll do BETTER than google now, they'll keep in the know by the moment.. BUT adding google now to it??? aaah -

google now: "your sprint bill is now due, in the amount of-

me: look DAMMIT i know ALREADY, from the emails!

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Where's the email scanning option?

I think it's automatic, I don't think it's an actual option. What he meant was that the email should have all of the information about your bill. Like if your email just says "your bill is available on X website" it won't work. Google Now uses information within your emails.

Reactions: j'vai

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc

ok, i didn't know, had ot go upstairs to get my phone to look thru it:

i went to google now, by swiping right, then scrolling to the bottom, then clicking the dots to the right for *settings*

& went to *phone search*

but only saw this -

~attachment 1~

no email!

THEN, from *phone search* to *accounts & privacy*..

scratch EVERYTHING i just typed.. lol

if you have google now activiated, it has your gmial account, now provided, you have your bills sent TO gmail, i gues it' a matter of google now automating the process, from what i gather here -

https://gigaom.com/2014/05/16/google-now-will-remind-you-to-pay-your-bills/

(i received an update for google now just two days, & saw nothing different)

my google search is at version 3.4.16.1149292arm

i think gmail's not listed, for it has that info, & greps that by default ALREADY, you have to log in to a google account TO activate google now..

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc
Well maybe it just hasn't rolled out for me yet...

& for myself i don't see this *for everything else* option in google now -

http://lifehacker.com/google-now-starts-reminding-you-to-pay-bills-based-on-y-1577677663/all

i'd love that, for the parking hunting aspect in itself!

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I think it's automatic, I don't think it's an actual option. What he meant was that the email should have all of the information about your bill. Like if your email just says "your bill is available on X website" it won't work. Google Now uses information within your emails.

spot on..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.