[ROM][6/17/14] Official CandyKat 1.5.1[4.4.3]

Search This thread

jbuck278

Mar 22, 2011
Stillwater
Hey, when I turn my audio up when listening to anything it distorts real bad, and I have to turn it down at least 3 clicks before it will start to sound better. Anyone know how I can fix this. Other than that this is my favorite ROM so far.

rc420head

Jan 14, 2013
New Lenox
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6a
Hey, when I turn my audio up when listening to anything it distorts real bad, and I have to turn it down at least 3 clicks before it will start to sound better. Anyone know how I can fix this. Other than that this is my favorite ROM so far.

M8 sound seams to be very high and we're looking into lowering it

---------------------------------------------------------
Candykat/Deviant Xone maintainer
M7 (gsm)
M8 (gsm) (my current device)

anthony92170

May 17, 2010
lancaster ny
Anyway of using stock music on this Rom. I don't use Google music. But other than that Rom is great

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

p3tr0s

interesting... i was in an LTE area yesterday and it wouldn't pick up anything. i had 3g and my wife's evo lte had full LTE. tried everything in settings to get it to pick up and even ran a speedtest to see if maybe the icon just wasn't showing. hers - 30mbps, mine - 2.5mbps. i restored back to a sense rom and mine picked up LTE right away. am i missing something in settings? initially i didn't change anything concerning the network, it was stock settings when i realized it wasn't working.

lucky_515

Oct 8, 2014
columbus indiana
the candykat sweetner pack aroma..touch is broken,or maybe you set it up this way...either way i cant get around it..is there a trick to this that i dont know of?...thank you for the rom..very cool.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

i had the same problem..i installed viper4android,and tweaked the equalizer and settings for my headphones..and the distorting went away..at first i thought i busted internal speakers..this has happened on several diff roms ive flashed...ive also thought maybe it was the firmware i flashed when i updated with an RUU..who knows..but viper43android works for me everytime

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

This is nitpicky, but can we enable an advanced power menu somehow?
the advanced reboot insecurity,still dont show options to reboot to recovery,or boot-loader....could use xposed framework to add a more advanced reboot menue

patrick73csun

Nov 25, 2014
My girlfriend installed this rom on the advice of someone because it would update the firmware. She flashed it, with the gaps. Now she can't access the play store, even tried using play store apks. It won't boot into recovery
Please help...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zh8d.png

This is CandyKat. Built straight from SlimRoms source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses. We have also come up with the Candy Sweetener Pack. This is an Aroma installer that is full of delicious treats. Inspired by the CandyShop thread on XDA it has everything from glow dots to halo mods.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shophttp://the-candy-shop.co/

ty46.jpg

@matthew0776
    @mar5hal
    @gimmeitorilltell
    @BMP7777
    @CyberScopes
    @tattooboy
    @tr1gg3r84
    @rc420head
    @Flashalot
    @Venomtester
    @cannondaleV2000

w93y.jpg

HERE

Features:
    • peek
    • Dark UI (Mms, Dialer, InCallUI, Non-Intrusive, Documents, Calendar, Contacts, DeskClock, SystemUI)
    • Candy Sweetener
    • Custom Candy Images
    • Battery LED Customization
    • Customizable Quick Settings tiles
    • Custom Battery Icons
    • LockScreen Targets/Widgets
    • Quick launch QuickSettings tiles from status bar
    • Center/Color Clock
    • Google ID Dialer
    • Non-Intrusive Dialer Option
    • Screen Record w/ Mic Support
    • DPI on the fly
    • Slim Recents
    • Slim PIE
    • Nav bar customization
    • LockScreen themes
    • CandyWrappers (CandyKat wallpapers)
    Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Steps:
    • Download CandyKat.zip
    • Download Gapps (optional)
    • Place CandyKat.zip on phones memory or SD card
    • Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
    • Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    • Flash CandyKat.zip (and Gapps if desired)
    • Reboot and Enjoi

Changelog:
    Code:
    update 6/13
    *fixed up some strings from 4.4.3 merge
    *fixed dialer and incallui black on black issue
    *added lockscreen notifications
    *added hover compliments of aospa
    updated 9/10/14
    *added fixed dark dialer
    update 6/9/14 
    *UPDATED to 4.4.3
    *added app circle 
    *added floating window in recents|notification drawer
    *added clock styles
    *added notification time header imgs [custom ones will be in next SP1 update]
    *added Shake sensitivity options [thanks slim]
    * status bat notifications
    * candy interface alphbetation
    phone additions 
    * added speaker phone answer option and flash notification answer call [thanks Slim]

5/31/2014
    *initial release

lhy5.jpg

[COLOR="Magenta" [user=4678269]@Flashalot[/user] has made a [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769879"]Q&A[/URL] for all questions. Please keep this thread to bug reporting and usable user contributions [/COLOR]

CandyKat M8 Downloads Folder

kernel source Thanks SlimRoms

GApps
    I use Slim Minimal Gapps

CandySweetener (flash in recovery)

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP and Paranoid Android for making their source open.
    Sources:

CandyShop
    CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    AOKP
    BeanStalk
    Paranoid Android

XDA:DevDB Information
    CandyKat , ROM for the Sprint HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    Flashalot, rc420head, mar5hal, matthew0776
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: SlimRoms

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.5.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-12

Created 2014-06-12
    Last Updated 2014-06-12
    Anyone getting Sim card error??? Deleting stk.apk in system apps solved the Sim card error issue for me

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    This is nitpicky, but can we enable an advanced power menu somehow?
    in security and lock screen
    y3u2yjy6.jpg

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
    I had got the data encrypted message on boot for some reason.... Had to wipe internal storage glad I got my 64gb micro SD.. Came in handy this time lol....

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    welp this might have been able to save it
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2773203

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
    Booya!

---------------------------------------------------------
    Candykat/Deviant Xone maintainer
    M7 (gsm)
    M8 (gsm) (my current device)