Software Update NB4

Search This thread

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
I have tried everything for this update to be installed on my Note 3, I unrooted, factory reset, wipe cache, reinstalled all the bloatwares fro Ti back up, I even got rid of the pad lock and custom logo during boot up, the update still stopped at 25%.
I went to my local ATT device support center, they did a side load flash to my phone to MJ5, after that, the update ran thru. I will wait until the Kitkat comes out then root it again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715

Follow everything from step 4 to 9.
Then you should be able to do a OTA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011
It fails out for me, likely because I've deleted some of the bloat I'm guessing. Deletes when it reboots, but the next time it finishes downloading I'll choose the Safestrap recovery when it's booting and copy it out. /cache/fota/2400258.cfg correct? that seems to be the only file that's growing during the download.

==EDIT== link https://www.dropbox.com/s/zccryfxycby1iq8/2400258.cfg

This is great. Thank you.

I am just wondering how did you get this file (2400258.cfg)?

DustinKimble

Sep 30, 2013
Sorry if this info has already been posted, I don't feel like reading through to make sure.

Here's the full changelog.

Google Android
Update GMS apks and libraries (Newsstand 3.0.1 – 6.6MB, Search 2.8.8.849369 – 10.3MB , YouTube 5.1.10 – 6.5MB)
Add Google Drive
ANDROID Patches: - 6923539, 9702645,12118307
FOTA Enhancements
Samsung Account Update

Dreadsteel

Mar 9, 2011
I'm still getting the diagnostic wakelock

Anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

neoman4426

Nov 7, 2010
This is great. Thank you.

I am just wondering how did you get this file (2400258.cfg)?

There wasn't enough time for me personally to copy it out after it finished downloading before it auto rebooted, and it deleted when Android finished booting after that, but as far as I know wasn't altered by the failed flash so I let it download+reboot, fail to flash (still haven't been able to get it to work for me) and used the file manager in TWRP/Safestrap to copy the file to a different location

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011
There wasn't enough time for me personally to copy it out after it finished downloading before it auto rebooted, and it deleted when Android finished booting after that, but as far as I know wasn't altered by the failed flash so I let it download+reboot, fail to flash (still haven't been able to get it to work for me) and used the file manager in TWRP/Safestrap to copy the file to a different location

Today, I got time to upgrade from MJ5 to NB4 using your 2400258.zip file. It is working with no problem.
Thank you.

NGMK

Nov 15, 2013
Has anyone tested GPS functionality yet?

I have tried several times to update this phone but after i go thru the download process and the phone restart it says that the update could not be installed. I have a stock and rooted ROM. and I have removes most of the stock apps that I wasn't using.

Now does this update address the GPS issue? in the past i had called At&t and according to them, they were aware of the problem and were working on a patch for the gps problem.

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
ATT stores don't do that, do a google search
Don't bother. According to Google, my nearest support center is almost 2 hours from here, and the nearest store is across town. According to the store around the corner (not findable in Google), the store across town is a support center. (And they are - they did an exchange for me.)

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

it's hard to believe At&t is taking so long to release such a simple patch. This is incredible.
I'd agree. If I knew the patch was "so simple". But since I habve no idea what's causing the problem, I have no idea whether it's a simple patch, a batch of bad hardware or a really complex issue.

I do know a bit about software troubleshooting, though, having been lead software engineer or software developer on many large projects over the years. And I do know that until you can reproduce exactly the problem, at will, every time, you can't start trying to figure out how to fix it. And, since a LOT of people can't reproduce the problem (I've tried, since I haven't really learned the town I moved into less than a year ago. and the only glitch I can reproduce at ll, and not consistently, is with the compass), I suspect it's not such a simple ting for them to find.

Fixing the problem is probably going to prove to be simple - finding out what's causing it probably won't be, and that has to be done first.

(Which is why I have updating frozen - I'm not taking 4.4 while 4.3 is still broken. A phone without the new features that works reliably is a lot better than one with all the new whoop-de-do that can't be counted on to work. And from what I've seen, the only danger with Kit Kat is death by yawning.)

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    116.3 KB · Views: 411
Gosooners345,
It's not bad at all. I am on kit Kat and it is beastly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Can you answer the question about the use of the microSDXC and being able to write and read from it? Especially being able to write to it from your installed apps.
I have heard that kitkat disables that feature which kinda makes having a large microSDXC card installed....
Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

theorioles33

Feb 15, 2011
Gosooners345,
It's not bad at all. I am on kit Kat and it is beastly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Can you answer the question about the use of the microSDXC and being able to write and read from it? Especially being able to write to it from your installed apps.
I have heard that kitkat disables that feature which kinda makes having a large microSDXC card installed....
Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

I'm feeling it will be out by the end of the week. :)

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Maybe some time soon we will be also. :D

I'm feeling it will be out by the end of the week. :)

EDIT: I obviously don't know how to quote someone correctly! LOL!

frome901

Mar 15, 2013
Anaheim
i just had a random update to NB4 which i was already showing as my build. anyone else get that going on, had to reroot

Top Liked Posts