[READ FIRST][FAQ]HTC Wildfire General FAQ(05/05/2011)

Search This thread

Epiq

Mar 3, 2012
hi, my htc wildfire notification sound and ringtone sound not working after a few month i install cyanogenmod in this device...
Did you install stable or nightly? In some nightly I had the same problem, usually restart help. But you should consider to do full wipe and install another version of cm.

fxkmd

May 11, 2011
Douala
Hello everyone. I'm still on stock rom. The problem is that when i send a msg, i didn't receive a delivery report while it is checked. Can u help me? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA

tornado92

Oct 18, 2012
london
gallery bug

hy i recently installed cmrc9.2([ROM][KANG][IMM76L][v09.20] Non-official CyanogenMod 9):eek:.. but after it when i goes gallery , all thr apears black :eek: and when i push screen a little it starts to apear well. n wen i doesnt push it doesnt apear. also if i try play a vedio its nt playng from thr ,, this doesnt happen before with any roms i used ,,so i use to play those vedios and open pics through file manager n it works well.. any sugestions? :confused::confused:. , same happens if i try to attach a picture through gallary also,,

Last edited:
Reactions: introduction

tornado92

Oct 18, 2012
london
my clock is not updating ,, it just update while i lock the phone,, it works well on lock screen.. bt when unlock the normal clock is stucked n doesnt update??? any sugestions or solution,,

Reactions: introduction

Pashazadeh

Mar 23, 2012
I have rooted my device long time ago, and I always had 2.2 sence based ROMs, such as DK Custom Froyo.

I installed CM 7.2 stable on my device recently (with 512mb of sd-ext). Everything is fine, and general performance is much better than Froyo ROMs.

But I have problem on executing some programs:

- When I execute Temple Run, it closes immediately with an error message.
- When I execute Sygic, display goes black. (First time it downloaded a 120+mb map)
- When I execute iOnRoad, and click on its icons, an error message is shown (reports that something has gone wrong and it will report it to the developer).

How can I solve this problems? Are they normal? Is it because of the weakness of Wildfire and its low RAM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have problem with flashing. Somewhy, I cannot get my ADB driver installed correctly. Can you help me with that too? :p

follow the following steps carefully and hopefully you will have no problem in the end. :)
    Please note that following method applies for windows users only

Steps to Set Up ADB on Windows:
    1. Download latest version of Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html).
    2. Download and install Java Runtime Environment (https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...ProductRef=jre-6u20-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer) or Java Development Kit (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6-jsp-136632.html) if you want to develop Android apps as well.
    3. Extract the zip file (android-sdk_r07-windows.zip) you downloaded in step 1 to (C:) drive such that android-sdk-windows directory in (C:) drive contains SDK Manager.exe.
    4. Click on Available Packages from the left panel and select USB Driver Package, revision 3 from the right panel.
    5. Click on Install Selected button, accept the License Agreement and let SDK Manager download the USB drivers for your phone. Click Close button when done.

6. For Windows 7/Vista Users:
    Navigate to My Computer (Icon)->Properties (Link)->Advanced System Settings (Link)->Advanced (Tab)->Environment Variables (Button)->System variables (Section)->Path (Variable)-> Edit (Button)-> Variable value. Enter the following value.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

7. For Windows XP Users:
    Navigate to My Computer (Icon)->Properties (Link)->Advanced (Tab)->Environment Variables (Button)->System variables (Section)->Path (Variable)-> Edit (Button)-> Variable value. Enter the following value.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

8. Connect your phone in USB debugging mode and let the Windows install the USB drivers for your device.
    9. Thats it! You are done. Open command prompt and type adb devices to see the list of devices attached to your computer or type adb shell to go into adb shell mode.
    Android Market

Hi all
    Another new one here! I have just bought my wife a wildfire and we have downloaded one successfully. We cannot now get on to the market, we logon and it comes up with those silly jumbled up words to authenticate but keeps coming up with another and another and........... I have powered off but no luck. It will not even go back to password entery untill you leave it for a few hours, try again still the same. Can anyone help. PLEASE!
    hi all

i am using HTC wildfire in india
    i resent update froyo 2.2.1
    my phone is S-ON any help for how to root my wildfire
    my android version 2.2.1
    baseband version 13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10
    kernel version 2.6.32.21-g6c55ee4
    build number 2.25.720.1
    HOW TO ROOT
    pls help me

THANKS

You can't, at the moment.

One method can be to find someone with an XTC Clip, get the phone in S-OFF, then root. But, I havent seen any Indian XTC clip owning member post so far.
    Hi All

Noob to Android here. Trying to root Wildfire
    HBoot 0.80.0003
    Radio 3.35.15.31
    Firmware is 2.1 update 1

Have tried using unRevoked 3 but keeps dropping out and asking for retry.
    Have installed HTC Sync for drivers and then uninstalled prog. Have also installed Hboot drivers. Am running WIn 7 HP 64. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Stransky
    (Douglas Barr)

Try using an older Version on Unrevoked. (3.21 or earlier), and , make sure you are following the guide properly:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824396

I am going to use the xtc clip to go for s-off. Unfortunately I got the official 2.2 with the 1.01.0001 hboot (that's what called new hboot I guess) and 3.35.20.10 radio.

What rom do you propose? I would like the sence to be installed. What complete packages including rom+recovery+kernel+cpu speed would you suggest?

Thank you

Personally, I have used WildPuzzle, Sunnabh and InsertCoin, all 3 work well. For Recovery, the Stock Clockworkmod 2.5.x installed by Unrevoked should be fine, since you are using Sense based ROMs. In case of the kernel, you only have two choices really, the stock one, and, Jacob's HCDR Kernel, which allows Overclocking. CPU Speeds upto a max of 691 - 710 and min upto 245 should do fine.
    What is buzz? do u mean HTC Wildfire ?

Yes, Buzz = Wildfire. It's the "internal" name of the device.