Froyo Changes

Search This thread

Nickxxxl

Jan 24, 2005
Better bluetooth

I have noticed that the bluetooth functionality is better. My Legend can now use in addition to music-streaming the speakerphone / handsfree function on my car radio unit (pioneer).

Greetings

Nick

billyJAM

Jun 1, 2007
Cape-Town
Still I think HTC could've done more for us die hard HTC fans. They should have added some of the features of the new Htcsense.com features. Who knows if we'll ever get Gingerbread.

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

billyJAM

Jun 1, 2007
Cape-Town
Can someone please report if the leap view is now available in the browser like Desire HD.

Pinch out from overview mode to get into browser window selection without having to hit menu and windows every time. Did they add this?

What about ability to move home screen positions from the Rosie leap view. Simple things that should be included

JusTox

Nov 15, 2010
England
Nope my 2.2 does not have the pinch out of overview to window selection feature in internet browser. And home screens when in overview mode can not be moved around.

billyJAM

Jun 1, 2007
Cape-Town
I see. Very lazy work on HTC side. Sigh. Oh well better than nothing. Thanks for the heads up.

juux

Jul 28, 2010
As I posted to the Vodafone UK forum (no linky as I'm too green here)

The first thing I noticed was that the pattern unlock was ever so slightly different, a bit more spaced out - wonder why they would go to the bother of recoding that as it seemed to work fine before? I know that Froyo also includes a PIN unlock so maybe it was changed to accommodate that? One other change I've noticed is that you no longer need to re-unlock if the screen has only just turned off, there seems to be a grace period built in, no idea if this is configurable though.

The next thing I noticed was the screen transitions, neat touch and they serve to add a little bit more polish to the already slick Sense UI. The side to side scrolling has also been changed, with a little shudder as each screen settles in. Again this just makes it seem more 'solid' for want of a better word. Having said all that, the Sense page scrolling is still not as smooth as an iPhone...

Some of the widget icons for GPS/wifi wtc. toggling have been changed and are a bit uglier as a result. I'm also sure that the HTC clock widget I use has changed in that the time is no longer centre-aligned but right-aligned - uglier.

Some of the apps have new names, Photos >Gallery, People>HTC People.

A couple of my apps were left with shortcuts that no longer worked and I had to recreate them - weird.

Browser - WOW! - What a difference, much faster in almost everything it is doing. Some other apps like Maps are also much improved, offering near seamless scrolling when on wifi even with satellite images. Streetview is now very fluid and responsive.

Live wallpapers work just fine, a diversion for about 2 minutes then I was back to my normal static one though.

SMS threading in the HTC app is finally fixed - yay!

Flashlight app is a welcome addition - about time too!

Talking of Flash, Adobe this time, I wasn't expecting it to work as it apparently requires an ARMv7 core on Froyo with the Legend having ARMv6. From my travels on the intarweb I gather there is no fundamental technical reason why it won't work on more recent ARMv6 devices like the MSM7227, but rather this is a political decision based around having to avoid supporting it on older v6 CPUs. Ho hum.

Not tried wifi tethering yet but expect it works just fine. My old Sony Ericsson K660i used to do this perfectly though so it's not a stretch for something like the Legend. Hope Vodafone don't play silly buggers with data charging though...

Apps2SD has instantly freed me up about 50MB of space! This is seriously worth it, one of the few limiting factors of the Legend was its relatively meagre on-board storage. This is simply no no longer an issue.

Too early to say whether the battery life is improved, or whether there is any improvement in signal pickup/retention. I do seem to nice that it won't hold a 2G/3G data connection if it is logged onto a wifi network - makes sense and if this indeed is a system policy now then I guess it can only help extend the battery life.

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
One other change I've noticed is that you no longer need to re-unlock if the screen has only just turned off, there seems to be a grace period built in, no idea if this is configurable though.

This alone saves me loadsof frustration every day. before, screen goes off, unlock again....

I have freed up 60MB of space my moving some bloaty apps to SD. I can't seem to move the biggest thou, Google Maps....

The phone feels so much smoother, apps are blisteringly quick, and so far no issues whatsoever.

Hopefully it fixes the +44 prefix bug, where all my Google contacts had international format numbers, but the mobile network sent non-international caller-id, and thus people were not being shown

latorante

Jul 23, 2007
Manchester
latorante.name
I have a quick question, but it was kinda answered here already ...

I guess that the new 2.2 rom does not support htcsense.com, is that correct? Has anybody tried to confirm that?

Cheers, Mart

slimsoid

Jul 17, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm eagerly awaiting the update. Can anyone check if these issues are fixed:

1. Mail app does not support multiple "mark as read"
2. In the browser, pressing the search button will bring up the htc keyboard with no spacebar key; you have to press again to bring the actual search keyboard

xxxhxxx2001

Jan 11, 2009
One question...is the froyo app2sd better or worse from the one on cooked roms? What is the difference between them ?

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

TheLegendaryJay

Aug 20, 2010
If someone can list all the changes (not just the one's I've noticed) I'll do a video, I'm itching to try out the video recording of my new camera that's meant to do full HD :D

zabaknilesh

Dec 27, 2008
Mumbai
Can someone reply if:

1. Google Earth , New Gmail app running on froyo for legend?

2. can we install updated flash version from adobe website?

3. is sms Bug fixed?

4. is there an option to disable sense (as froyo by default has provision but HTC disables it)

5. does one click soft root work on froyo? as it was on eclair

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it just me or are listed context Menus smaller. I could have sworn they were bigger and easier to hit on Eclair. For instance, in the browser, hit Menu then More. List seems like a smaller font. Any thoughts

Yeah it's smaller! I find this usefull because we don't have to scroll a lot.