[MOD] How to install 'Xposed' on the HTC One

Search This thread

sinosuke

Nov 30, 2011
Ruộng Rau
Thank you sir,i made it work,with 4.2.2. now i'm on a Custom 4.3 JB, I'm using Xposed Framework 2.2,i can Install/Update,apply Modules but only with Soft Reboot method. If i make a full Reboot,Xposed will became "unactive" , i have to Install/Update again. May i use this guide for HTC One + 4.3 JB Roms or can you make a Xposed 2.2 mod ver+flashable .zip . Thank you very much ^_^

Reactions: kparikh82276
Thank you sir,i made it work,with 4.2.2. now i'm on a Custom 4.3 JB, I'm using Xposed Framework 2.2,i can Install/Update,apply Modules but only with Soft Reboot method. If i make a full Reboot,Xposed will became "unactive" , i have to Install/Update again. May i use this guide for HTC One + 4.3 JB Roms or can you make a Xposed 2.2 mod ver+flashable .zip . Thank you very much ^_^

Same here, for some odd reason, if I reboot my settings default back, then I have to goto xposed and sense tool box then do soft rest then I get those changes back, so it's like having to do two soft resets. It's kinda annoying but it's work around for now.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

arclight25

May 17, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I am running a stock, rooted version of 4.3 on my One and have noticed when I have it all installed, I lose functionality in the photo editing part of the camera app. I cannot crop pictures and all of the preset image edits are the same as the original image.

Any ideas on what would cause this? I love the mod because it gives me the ability to remove the battery and the clock from my taskbar using Modaco's toolkit.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

RossLH

Aug 9, 2010
MD
Same here, for some odd reason, if I reboot my settings default back, then I have to goto xposed and sense tool box then do soft rest then I get those changes back, so it's like having to do two soft resets. It's kinda annoying but it's work around for now.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

If you don't have S-Off, you have to flash a zip file in recovery in order to modify the system folder. There are a couple installation zip files floating around in the main Xposed thread. Do a search for osm0sis, he made an updated one for the Xposed 2.2 framework.

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
A couple of modules not working

Thank you very much for this. I was using the standard version and only worked with soft reboots. Now is working perfectly.
However, I currently have installed two modules that are not currently working. These modules are:
XPrivacy 1.10
Xposed Additions 2.2.0

They both say "This module requires a newer Xposed version (30) and thus cannot be activated". I'm using Xposed 2.1.4 (app_process 34) downloaded from this thread.

Does anyone knows a fix or workaround for this? Thanks!

Last edited:

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
New updated app_process

This post details how to install 'Xposed' on the HTC One.

Thank you very much for this. I was using the standard version and only worked with soft reboots. Now is working perfectly.
However, I currently have installed two modules that are not currently working. These modules are:
XPrivacy 1.10
Xposed Additions 2.2.0

They both say "This module requires a newer Xposed version (30) and thus cannot be activated". I'm using Xposed 2.1.4 (app_process 34) downloaded from this thread.

Does anyone knows a fix or workaround for this? Thanks!

You're saying that now the original version works on the HTC One?

Well, I just checked and IT DOES NOT WORK for my phone (HTC One 802w). So I took the original zip from the OT and updated it with the latest version available (2.3.1) and re-zipped. After flashing this new file in Recovery I have all the funcionality (survives reboots).
Hope this helps somebody else too!

Attachments

• xposedinstall-2.3.1-jmvs.zip
    160.6 KB · Views: 324
Reactions: lisardog

Simatox

Apr 17, 2013
Well, I just checked and IT DOES NOT WORK for my phone (HTC One 802w). So I took the original zip from the OT and updated it with the latest version available (2.3.1) and re-zipped. After flashing this new file in Recovery I have all the funcionality (survives reboots).
Hope this helps somebody else too!

So you just installed the zip in recovery from your post, without installing apk?

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
So you just installed the zip in recovery from your post, without installing apk?

No, no, you have to follow the instructions as per the OT. Basically what you do is install the latest Xposed version available, apply the framework patch within the app and then you use the zip on my post on recovery. That will make the application work between reboots.
I suggest that you first trying the Xposed framework like it is instructed on the Xposed original thread. If the framework works between hard reboots then there's nothing else you need to do! However, if after rebooting Xposed Installer says that app_process is not patched, you can use my zip to make it survive. On the other hand, if you apply the patch again and do a soft reboot it will also work. The problem lies (at least for me) when you do a hard reboot.

Reactions: Simatox

Simatox

Apr 17, 2013
thanks now I unterstand ;) . I installed the apk of the original thread. It works perfectly on my one.

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
thanks now I unterstand ;) . I installed the apk of the original thread. It works perfectly on my one.

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk

Great. I think this is related to the S-ON / S-OFF state. If you're S-OFF Xposed Installer will be able to modify app_process from Android. If your are S-ON the change will apply but will be lost after cold reboot. The only way to make it permanent on S-ON is patching via recovery. At least that's what I think happens

sohojmanush

Sep 26, 2011
Dhaka
Anyone knows about any 2.3.1 or 2.3.0 flashable zip's ? Need it to greenify my android system stuff :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post details how to install 'Xposed' on the HTC One.

Full details on the modification can be found in this post.

rovo89 said:
    Some technical details:
    I extended the /system/bin/app_process executable to load a JAR file on startup. The classes of this file will sit in every process (including the one for system services) and can act with their powers. And even more: I have implemented something that allows developers to replace any method in any class (may it be in the framework, systemui or a custom app). This makes Xposed very powerful. You can change parameters for the method call, modify the return value or skip the call to the method completely - it's all up to you! Also replacing or adding resources is easy.

Advantages:
    • No need to modify any APKs. This means:
      • No need to decompile, change things in smali, compile, sign, ...
      • It will work for odexed and deodexed ROMs.
      • Your mod is not bound to a specific version of the ROM. Unless there is a major change in the methods called for a certain functionality, your mod will continue to work even when you upgrade your ROM. Hell, it will probably even work with different ROMs.
      • Multiple mods can be installed at the same time, even if they change the same package. So you can use these battery icons and those quick toggles. Even hooking the same method twice is possible. Of course, this only works properly if the mods are not trying to do incompatible things.
    • It does its magic at runtime. That means you can implement options to let the user decide if they prefer the bikeshed to be painted in red or blue. Or you can have some extra logic for certain ROMs without building different mod versions.
    • It can be disabled easily without having to reflash.
      It's open source.

This guide is posted with rovo89's permissions. MASSIVE thanks to him for this modification, it's awesome. I'll be posting a number of modules for the One soon, keep an eye on this forum for details.

A custom installation system is required due to the One's /system partition lock (changes are lost at reboot). So... to install (this is version 2.1.3, i'll update as required)...
    • Download and install this APK - DOWNLOAD
    • Executed Xposed Installer from your launcher and click 'Install / Update'
    • Download this zip file and copy to your internal SD card - DOWNLOAD
    • Install the downloaded zip from your custom recovery
    That's it, you're done! To uninstall, use the 'Clean Up' option in the app and then run the uninstall zip from the main Xposed Framework post.

Enjoy! :)

P
    Any video tutorial?
    It seems complicated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

YOUVE GOT TO BE FCKING JOKING. Download the apk, set up the app, download the .zip, flash the .zip from custom recovery. PROFIT! If you dont know what that is, do a google search for christs sake. The users on here are too busy perfecting their devices and sharing what theyve learnt to hold your hand through such a simple process. Derpa derrrr.
    YOUVE GOT TO BE FCKING JOKING. Download the apk, set up the app, download the .zip, flash the .zip from custom recovery. PROFIT! If you dont know what that is, do a google search for christs sake. The users on here are too busy perfecting their devices and sharing what theyve learnt to hold your hand through such a simple process. Derpa derrrr.

Someone got anger management problem lmao

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    wait, Faux has a kernel for the One?

Yep, :) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2255900

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Is it possible to use XPosed's "long press volume button to skip songs" feature on HTC One? I can't test it since I don't have the phone yet, but it's a very important feature for me.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1629653
    this works good for that :)