Can't connect to 4G/LTE

Search This thread

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Just got this MDK S4 so I need a little help from the pros here..
I don't see anywhere where I can select my APN and I can't get 4G at all. I've flashed the mk2 modem and here is what my settings look like...

I'm on AOKP 4.4 and I've flashed a couple other roms like Beanstalk and Slim and it's the same thing.
I'm sure I'm just over looking something.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1390907631815.jpg
    1390907631815.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 8,431
Last edited:

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Not sure if this is even rom related. I threw my sim card from my old s4 into this one. Everything seemed to work off the jump but maybe I have to call Verizon? I'm back on stock MDK now and still no 4g even after getting into apn settings and verifying everything. Not really sure.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Not sure if this is even rom related. I threw my sim card from my old s4 into this one. Everything seemed to work off the jump but maybe I have to call Verizon? I'm back on stock MDK now and still no 4g even after getting into apn settings and verifying everything. Not really sure.

ya, check with verizon. Call or use their online chat

Reactions: Mistertac

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Yea I just was jumping the gun cuz I thought I had it all going and working normally prior to flashing. But now that I think of it maybe I was wrong. My fault. I'll get another cup of coffee and get this brain thinking correctly.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
What did you realize after u had more coffee?

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

Well I forgot that this phone connected up to my wifi at the house and I wasnt on 4g/lte

I was pre occupied with fixing this thing. When I got it it had both TWRP and CWM installed and it was screwing things up big time. Phone was bootlooping etc.. Just not acting normal. Did a full wipe.. Then I wasc teaching myself how to root MDK and Loki and new throw TWRP back on. Anyways I didn't notice that itv actually never said connected to 4g. Dumb mistake on my part.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Plus it all works perfectly except all I get is 3g so just an oversight on my part

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
@decaturbob
The lady I spoke with at Verizon said I should have good just to pop my sim into this one and go. . However sometimes it doesn't take all the way and you need to call. Figure going from one s4 to another would be easy but she said because they are the same exact phone pretty much that it may have screwed up the id numbers more easily. Hey you got me. Course now I have to wait until I'm home and have both phones powered off and on front of me. Suppose I was too eager to fire this one up and get my aosp on .
Hey thanks for checking in though. .. pretty silly mistake on my part but I'm human what can I do

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Well not that this really should have been a thread in the first place but...

A new sim card fixed the issue. They said that sometimes for no reason at all you'll need a new one when switching between phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.