[ROM][TN] MIJJz Slim-n-Trim ICS *Tablet Mode Ready* [4.0.4][v2.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

saj1jr

May 30, 2011
Lol good I thought it was just me! If not already addressed, a workaround is to buy apps online from the play store then download

That's not really a workaround lol. It's more of an inconvenience.

Push another playstore.apk and it should fix it. I haven't got around to doing it yet (can someone post an alternative playstore.apk?)

I'm pretty sure you just uninstall the current one, push the new .apk and reboot?

EDIT: Don't feel like searching, but I keep losing CWM. Basically everytime I boot into recovery I have that weird stock looking one. So, I have to boot into dload mode and Odin that CMW EL29.tar file. Fix for this?

Last edited:

Somairotevoli

May 31, 2011

Push another playstore.apk and it should fix it. I haven't got around to doing it yet (can someone post an alternative playstore.apk?)

I'm pretty sure you just uninstall the current one, push the new .apk and reboot?

EDIT: Don't feel like searching, but I keep losing CWM. Basically everytime I boot into recovery I have that weird stock looking one. So, I have to boot into dload mode and Odin that CMW EL29.tar file. Fix for this?
you don't even have to search to find your answer, just read the original posts. Anyways you answered your own question in your laziness. Lazy people do work twice as hard, I'll give you that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rsloan

rob97ss

Sep 16, 2010
long island.Ny

Ur losing Cwm, cause It's not included in Rom!! Use mobile Odin, makes flashing alot easier, no PC required...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

titosapien

May 2, 2011
I just want to say that all this app neads is for a developers to make a kind of search engine, to search threads that have already answeard questions that subcribers got the the amswer for it in theads posted pages beforenjj. Its my idea im looking to patten it. If any developers want to join in let me know . humbertosapien@sbcglobal.net. Just holla @your boy. Just proof of evidence for all you people..

Somairotevoli

May 31, 2011
If one doesn't even read the original posts, what makes you think they will search? Oh and this better search you speak of, its called Google ;-)

On topic though, I've gotten some hot reboots when using play music, will try to catch a log next time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigtoysrock

Jul 28, 2010
Leander,TX
I just want to say that all this app neads is for a developers to make a kind of search engine, to search threads that have already answeard questions that subcribers got the the amswer for it in theads posted pages beforenjj. Its my idea im looking to patten it. If any developers want to join in let me know . humbertosapien@sbcglobal.net. Just holla @your boy. Just proof of evidence for all you people..

And this has anything to do with this rom how?? Think you need to move this to the xda general section and move along.

mdhscanes24

Sep 7, 2010
Tavares
nobody else is having GPS problems? should i try a reflash?

Honestly haven't flipped GPS on yet, I'll give it a brief battary and see what it does over here

Edit: Turned it on, walked outside and GPS is working out of the box here, GPS status went between 7/10 and 8/12 but otherwise worked well outside. The only lack of signal I got came from being in a metal building, but that was expected.

Last edited:

voredroid

Sep 2, 2010
Tempe, Az
Flashed clean from EL26 twice... Fc's left and right.. multiple apps freeze.. and everytime I plug in the charger when the phone is on it reboots.. This rom doesnt like me lol.. Im sure its just mine but not sure why.. Its ok tho you guys make so many awesome roms.. I'll just stick to Explod Mini for now...

mdhscanes24

Sep 7, 2010
Tavares
Couple of quick questions.

Fist off, the *#*#3282#*#* dialer code isn't working for me, is this the correct code?

Also I have a modded phone.apk from my trials with cm9 that allows you to uncheck voicemail notifications, would this work here with the tablet ui? I can upload it if needed. I will note that it's not themed to match here, however I don't find this to be a problem if it means I can stop the notification.

This things coming together nicely boys, I don't think I can say thank you enough.

LordJummy

Jan 13, 2012
Houston
Flashed clean from EL26 twice... Fc's left and right.. multiple apps freeze.. and everytime I plug in the charger when the phone is on it reboots.. This rom doesnt like me lol.. Im sure its just mine but not sure why.. Its ok tho you guys make so many awesome roms.. I'll just stick to Explod Mini for now...

I think you need to re download and check MD5 before flashing. Get MD5 checker from play store.

Is anyone else having problems getting vibrate to work on SMS? I set it in volume settings & in the SMS app. I guess I'll have to use a 3rd party app because I just can't get it to work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mdhscanes24

Sep 7, 2010
Tavares
I think I may have narrowed down some of the systemui fc's that are occurring with the tablet ui. I noticed it only before actually setting one of the nav buttons to menu and disabling the menu button that comes up inside apps. It also only seemed to fc if an app that normally disabled the status bar, whether temporarily or permanently, was opened ie: xda, draw something ,etc.

Maybe that's just my results, but I figured it may help somebody somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1.9 should happen late tonight.
    Further Helpfull Instructions

MODS & EXTRAS

Turn Off The Hard Button Lights
    http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/797-ROM-TN-MIJJz-Slim-n-Trim-AOKP-ICS-4-0-4-v1-6-4-25-2012?p=7573#post7573

Helpfull Instructions & Work-Arounds

Installing for the First Time

-Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via the PDA option in ODIN/Mobile ODIN
    The EL26 Kernel Tar Can Be Downloaded From HERE...http://db.tt/yGwUFb1z
    -When phone begins reboot, Hold Power + Volume up until boots into recovery.
    -Wipe data/factory, cache and dalvik cache
    -Flash ROM
    -Reboot

If You Want To Include a Kernel

-Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via PDA option in ODIN/Mobile ODIN
    -When phone begins reboot, Hold Power + Volume up until boots into recovery.
    -Wipe Data/Factory, Cache, Dalvik.
    -Flash ROM
    -Wipe Cache and Dalvik again
    -Flash Kernel
    -Reboot

Back up and Restore

To back up
    -Odin EL26 kernel
    -Hold Power + Volume Up when Galaxy SII boot logo comes up to boot into Recovery
    -Back up
    -Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    -Flash an AOSP ICS Kernel
    -Reboot

To Restore
    -Odin EL26 kernel
    -Hold Power + Volume Up when Galaxy SII boot logo comes up to boot into Recovery
    -Wipe Data/Factory, Cache and Dalvik
    -Restore nandroid
    *If you are restoring a nandroid that you backed up via the above process, you will need to wipe cache and dalvik, then flash an AOSP ICS kernel or the ROM wont boot because it is backed up with the EL26 kernel. Then reboot.
    *If you are restoring a Gingerbread ROM, just restore and reboot.

Workaround for sd_external [Thank You kbizzle & gershee]

Instructions:
    1. DirectoryBind included in the ROM, Found Here.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410262
    2. Set up the source and target directories as follows...
    source: /emmc target: /sdcard/external_sd
    Then save.
    3. Click on the little floppy disk on the left of the field you just added, it should turn green. this enables it!
    4. Goto preferences and enable "Bind on boot"

Now Look for emmc Folder and you will find you external_sd.

*Workaround to mount both SD locations on your PC. Use Multi Mount from the Play store.*

Need help with Tablet UI? Look at these 2 threads. Helps with setting it up.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1613742

Original thread> http://rootzwiki.com/topic/23418-mod-tabletui-for-240-dpi-legacy-devices-aokp-b32b33b34/
    Default wallpaper here> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24049504/default_wallpaper.jpg

Screenshot_2012-04-25-01-54-07.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-25-01-50-49.png

Screenshot_2012-04-25-01-48-33.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-25-15-03-48.png
    v1.8 is up, see changelog for changes, not a lot but the changes made should improve performance. Enjoy.
    OP updated with 1.9. More to come, but heading out of town till Sunday. Enjoy.