Unlock HTC HD2 from T-mobile

Search This thread

john0902

May 29, 2006
Once you have the code, is there an Android version of an unlock app? I know that if I put in a new SIM, it'll prompt me for the code, and I remember Win Mobile 6.5 had a app to unlock if you had a code, but can I do it from within Android?

Spamgiveme

Feb 12, 2012
If you have T-Mobile USA, just call them and tell them you are visiting family overseas, need to unlock it to not get killed with Roaming charges (want to put in a local sim when you get there)... they will e-mail one to you within 24-48 hours... best part is it's FREE!

Don't you have to a t-mobile customer to get the code for free from t-mobile?
At the moment I am overseas and have a htc HD2 that is locked.

P.S. the phone has at the moment MIUI Germany installed (Android which my computer cant see over USB) would like to have the newest Windows 7 on there as soon as I find the corresponding application to do this.
But anyways if its unlocked it is unlocked permantly right?

Last edited:

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Don't you have to a t-mobile customer to get the code for free from t-mobile?
At the moment I am overseas and have a htc HD2 that is locked.

P.S. the phone has at the moment MIUI Germany installed (Android which my computer cant see over USB) would like to have the newest Windows 7 on there as soon as I find the corresponding application to do this.
But anyways if its unlocked it is unlocked permantly right?

Yes you need a t-mobile account.
Once unlocked by proper code it is unlocked forever.
You should be able to use code on MIUI (do you get enter code screen when load a non T-Mobile sim?), if not you will probably need to flash WM6.5 to unlock

Spamgiveme

Feb 12, 2012
Yes as soon as I put in another SIM that does not use the T-Mobile network I get the message enter SIM Network PIN. The Congstar works but the Simply does not.
So there is no other way to unlock the htc HD2 except from a code from T-Mobile USA?

At the moment there is the Android MIUI on it, if I put Windows 7 on there what cons will it have? Is there a version with no issues like touch screen problems, cash & hanging up? Still looking for a ROM.

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
You can get code here
MIUI should connect to PC ok !
Windows 7 has its own issues such as ****e battery life, SD card probs ect.
Personally I find NRG WM6.5.3 to be best option for professional use.

htccraze

Oct 20, 2010
Hiding from under the bed
Ebay has a deal going on right now to unlock ANY HTC DEVICE for $2.50. You can find the link here.

You dont need to revert back to winmo to unlock your device. Once you get the code you will need access to a AT&T sim card (or other GSM sim card) so you can complete the process though. Just insert the other sim card and punch in the code given and thats it.

EDIT: This is not valid anymore since he/she has changed the price to $4.99. See below for a different deal

Last edited:

htccraze

Oct 20, 2010
I know this has been answer to death but i did want to point out a seller on ebay who has any HTC phone unlocked for $2.99 obo.
That is if you've already called T-Mobile and they wont unlock it for what ever reason. I had unlocked a few phones from them and
all i did was call up and say i want to sell my phone for a little more so can you give me the unlock code. It was that simple. They gave
me the code within 2-3 mins. Here is the seller i was talking about on ebay. I would contact him/her to make sure but it says HD2 in the title.

Last edited:

htccraze

Oct 20, 2010
It will work but if i remember correctly either 4g or 3g speeds are not compatible. This has not stopped the many people who have unlocked their phone and used it with At&t though.

If you have an active account with T-mobile you can call up to get a code to sim-unlock your phone so that your phone can be used on At&t. If not then you will need to buy an unlock code from the internet.

kinag

Jan 7, 2013
You can unlock your mobile by using the unlock code .There are many online service provider for getting unlock code but you have to choose the best one . I suggest you to visit the site Superunlockcodes.com . Here , they ask to provide the model , country , network provider name and IMEI number of your mobile . After they deliver the unlock code for your HTC HD2 mobile through mail . After unlocking , you can use any use GSM network on your mobile .

Last edited:

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
You may have luck with T-Mobile even if not first handset owner but having a good standing account with them is a must.
For the rest of us just use a recommended code supplier.
If you are on Android you may find code does not work & if does work it does not stick after reflash as only works fully under WM (experienced this myself on ore than one HD2 with Android)
Personally we use PDA.Magician as let down too many times with other sources.
Always worth trying your local mobile shop as many will unlock by cable at very reasonable cost these days for the ageing HD2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's hassle. I called them from my T-Mobile cell line and while the rep took all the info they then sent me an email saying they needed an invoice showing had been bought at full price to go ahead with the unlock. I'll probably pay for an unlock on eBay later, right now I use it over WiFi.