Odd way to unlock bell xperia z or t-mobile xperia z bootloader?

Search This thread

ronin8knight

Dec 5, 2012
Hey guys,
I own both the bell version of the xperia z, and the T-Mobile version. I ONLY want to use them as glorified tablets. Basically like the Ipod touch version of the iPhone, I want to use them unactivated. For me, its all about customibility and I really want to unlock the bootloader. I know neither of these can be unlocked, but in theory, if i wrote the software of the global unlockable versions (c6602/c6603) which DO allow for unlocked bootloader, would I be able to do it? I know signal would be screwy with the radios, but i dont care since thats irrelevant to me. Any help would be great, thanks guys.

Last edited:

LiLTrippz

Jul 15, 2012
Hey guys,
I own both the bell version of the xperia z, and the T-Mobile version. I ONLY want to use them as glorified tablets. Basically like the Ipod touch version of the iPhone, I want to use them unactivated. For me, its all about customibility and I really want to unlock the bootloader. I know neither of these can be unlocked, but in theory, if i wrote the software of the global unlockable versions (c6602/c6603) which DO allow for unlocked bootloader, would I be able to do it? I know signal would be screwy with the radios, but i dont care since thats irrelevant to me. Any help would be great, thanks guys.

Short answer: Never going to happen. :)

K9998

Jul 17, 2008
Melbourne
If u can root everything is possible. As long as there's someone who provide geeky solutions

And under your situation u don't need flash different rom as there's a way to install recovery without unlocked bootloader in rooted phone.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

ronin8knight

Dec 5, 2012
hey, thanks a ton for the responses guys! So, is there ANY possible way I can get cyanogenmod installed on either my c6616 or c6606? (Bell and t-mobile)w

K9998

Jul 17, 2008
Melbourne

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
You cannot use custom kernels on a locked bootloader, so you cannot run CM, PA, AOSP etc.
Stock based roms only. There's no way around it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

ronin8knight

Dec 5, 2012
Awesome tips guys! Got recovery working and its all good- just ONE last thing:
are there any vanilla style roms out there like cyanogen that are stock based? I just want my pure android with some nice customizable features, no kernel updates or anything. Can you suggest any?