[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | One S

Search This thread

Lord Meshadieme

Feb 24, 2009
Hello,

I am having trouble with the toolkit for my Int. HTC One X+. Ive tried both the individual tool kit and the Universal.
I've tried installing TWRP but booting into the recovery leads to the red clamation mark in triangle screen forcing me to reboot. From research it means no recovery is there?

Please check why this is happening.
Let me know how i can help.

Regards,

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hello,

I am having trouble with the toolkit for my Int. HTC One X+. Ive tried both the individual tool kit and the Universal.
I've tried installing TWRP but booting into the recovery leads to the red clamation mark in triangle screen forcing me to reboot. From research it means no recovery is there?

Please check why this is happening.
Let me know how i can help.

Regards,
As OP has stated
...This thread is simply a placeholder for the One S section as I will be maintaining one universal thread. You can ask questions specifically related to the One S and the WinDroid Toolkit here, but try and stick to the main thread for posting. Thanks! :D...
Wouldn't be better if you post in the main thread instead? More appropriate since you don't have a One S

nate51

Oct 29, 2010
Markham, ON
I updated my HTC One S to a Sense 6 ROM putting me at Android 4.4.2 and when I plug in my phone and start up the tool I get an error box that states it created a log for me and this is what the log states

HTML:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RegawMOD.Android.BatteryInfo.Update()
   at RegawMOD.Android.Device.Update()
   at RegawMOD.Android.AndroidController.GetConnectedDevice(String deviceSerial)
   at WinDroid.MainForm.deviceRecognition_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

The the Device and Status notifications at the bottom of the application just keep searching. Hoping someone has some advice to get this thing working again, it has made updating my phone a breeze in the past.

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
I updated my HTC One S to a Sense 6 ROM putting me at Android 4.4.2 and when I plug in my phone and start up the tool I get an error box that states it created a log for me and this is what the log states

HTML:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RegawMOD.Android.BatteryInfo.Update()
   at RegawMOD.Android.Device.Update()
   at RegawMOD.Android.AndroidController.GetConnectedDevice(String deviceSerial)
   at WinDroid.MainForm.deviceRecognition_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

The the Device and Status notifications at the bottom of the application just keep searching. Hoping someone has some advice to get this thing working again, it has made updating my phone a breeze in the past.

This seems to be a common issue for some people. It seems that the toolkit is getting some information from the phone, but not all of it, and it's not handling that well. It could be due to something that was changed in the 4.4.2 update, or it could be a bad connection through the cable, ADB, etc. My suggestion is to try connecting under different circumstances, such as different computer, USB cable, etc, and see if it works. Otherwise, it's likely an issue with the phone that I'll have to look into.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nate51

Oct 29, 2010
Markham, ON
This seems to be a common issue for some people. It seems that the toolkit is getting some information from the phone, but not all of it, and it's not handling that well. It could be due to something that was changed in the 4.4.2 update, or it could be a bad connection through the cable, ADB, etc. My suggestion is to try connecting under different circumstances, such as different computer, USB cable, etc, and see if it works. Otherwise, it's likely an issue with the phone that I'll have to look into.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have a feeling you are right and it's a phone issue/4.4.2. I didn't have the connection problem with CM11 but the second I switched over to the Liberty ROM the issue occurred. I am having a bit more success though in Fastboot, the info reads as Device: FA2ACW403652 Status: Fastboot and I don't get any error pop ups from the toolkit. Only problem is I cannot do anything, none of the commands seem to work, it states the device is not recognized or something along those lines. I assumed it was the new kernel for 4.4.2 and ADB, but the only tutorial for fixing that was for Windows 8. Not sure if you know of a way to solve that issue. Most of the stuff I want to do with the toolkit runs through Fastboot anyways.

poukill

Oct 9, 2012
Paris
Will try it soon on my girlfriend's one S. I'll tell you. Seems great.
Arf. Similar problem as above when I want to install TWRP :
System.InvalidOperationException: BackgroundWorker est actuellement occupé et ne peut pas exécuter plusieurs tâches simultanément.
à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument)
à WinDroid.MainForm.noReturnFastbootCommand_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Any idea ?

poukill

Oct 9, 2012
Paris
Arf. Similar problem as above when I want to install TWRP :
System.InvalidOperationException: BackgroundWorker est actuellement occupé et ne peut pas exécuter plusieurs tâches simultanément.
à System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument)
à WinDroid.MainForm.noReturnFastbootCommand_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Any idea ?

Actually, it was the unlocking that was wrong. I did it through fastboot and it was finished in 5 minutes.

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.1 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.1 update is now out! It's a complete code rewrite, with new features and support for 17 new devices! As always, reply with any comments you have or issues you're facing, and Happy Holidays to all!

mehuljk

Jan 26, 2015
HTC One S is stuck on Development Purpose screen

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.1 update is now out! It's a complete code rewrite, with new features and support for 17 new devices! As always, reply with any comments you have or issues you're facing, and Happy Holidays to all!
Hi, I am trying to use your tool and it is not able to detect HTC One S. The phone is restarting on the HTC Logo with Build is Development purposes only message. Please can you help me to restore the phone to normal state.

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi, I am trying to use your tool and it is not able to detect HTC One S. The phone is restarting on the HTC Logo with Build is Development purposes only message. Please can you help me to restore the phone to normal state.
Phone cannot be detected while in boot loop. You should be either in bootloader /fastboot mode or have the phone booted in Android to be detected

Sent from nowhere over the air...

mehuljk

Jan 26, 2015
I am in FastBoot Mode

Phone cannot be detected while in boot loop. You should be either in bootloader /fastboot mode or have the phone booted in Android to be detected

I am in FastBoot mode and when I use Windroid Universal Android ToolKit, I get ADB drivers popup and I click Yes, and It gives error:
An Error occurred while attempting to download the necessary files! Please restart the toolkit, check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes.
I did all of above and still no lock.

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I am in FastBoot mode and when I use Windroid Universal Android ToolKit, I get ADB drivers popup and I click Yes, and It gives error:
An Error occurred while attempting to download the necessary files! Please restart the toolkit, check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes.
I did all of above and still no lock.
Try and instal adb/fastboot drivers and make sure they're working before using the tool

Mar 7, 2014
Works great on my wife's stock One S...Even tho I could not figure out what are TWRP 53 and 54...when I tried to install 54 it did not install, but install of the 53 and SuperSu worked and now I'm doing a backup with TWRP 2.7.1.0...is there a reason to upgrade to any higher TWRP or this is fine?
@Rapier: thnks, so it was S3 not 53....ok my bad...that kinda explains the fail install

Last edited:

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Works great on my wife's stock One S...Even tho I could not figure out what are TWRP 53 and 54...when I tried to install 54 it did not install, but install of the 53 and SuperSu worked and now I'm doing a backup with TWRP 2.7.1.0...is there a reason to upgrade to any higher TWRP or this is fine?
S3 and S4 are different versions of TWRP made for the 2 different HTC One S versions... S4 is for ville, the one with 1.5 GHz processor and S3 is for Ville C2 the one with 1.7 GHz. Do not flash an S3 TWRP on an S4 device or vice-versa, they're not compatible. Flash the proper TWRP for your device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.0 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.0 update is now out! It's a complete redesign, and fixes all of the downloading issues and errors that people have been facing.

Check it out here.
    WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 update is now out! It includes a bunch of new features, fixes and supported devices, so check it out and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed:

You can download it here.
    WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.1 Now Out!

WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit

The WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit has officially been released! It fully supports the One S, so head over and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed: