[Q] Illusion for MK2!

Search This thread

elias98902

Nov 11, 2013
Yakima
i know this is a stretch but have you tried flashing anything for the wifi im still downloading the rom right now stuck on 3g so taking forever. but hoping to have my s4 backonline when the mail gets here. anyway maybe try flashing GE (google edition these are from 4.4 u can try if they dont work dig up 4.3s not goldeneye) wifi files for 4.3, or a VZW MK2 MARC pack or [URL="http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577712"]wifi fix w/ mk2 modules attached[/URL] the worst that could happen with any of those files is having to reinstall the ROM. hopefully1 works otherwise ill be back when i get my s4 hopefully soon. n this is at top of my list for investigation. my guess is its using a hybrid approach vs being 100% AOSP but from the OP it claims its based off of slim roms which is 100% either way it should be able to be used as a base by a dev to bring more of these to SafeStrap n im on it plan on bringing or porting anything possible. nice work and thanks to elias98902 for having the balls and itch to scratch. I had your itch too but never stumbled farther than a bootanimation loading.

No problem. I do it cuz I love AOSP and when I get bored. And I hope you do get it to work :p

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

elias98902

Nov 11, 2013
Yakima
Heyy guys, There's another ROM that Works like the Illusion one. Its Slim Bean ROM. But the 4.2 Version. Anything higher will not work

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Heyy guys, There's another ROM that Works like the Illusion one. Its Slim Bean ROM. But the 4.2 Version. Anything higher will not work

Maybe post a link to that ROMs thread that way they're both on here. Having two aosp based ROMs that boot up and work on SafeStrap is probably something to look into more.

Wish I knew more so I could look into it.

Sent from my jflte using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

Also ifwifi isn't working have you tried flashing your mk2 modules just for the hell of it?? Not sure how'd they work with these ROMs if at all but may be worth trying

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

I see now that a couple of you have tried the modules so my bad.

elias98902

Nov 11, 2013
Yakima
I got really bad news guys. I don't own the Galaxy S4 due to Money Problems. So I can't do any developing on this. I'm sorry. I got you guys have better luck than I do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok im not one to shy away from admitting im wrong so ill take another look at it today and see if I can get it to flash. First things first...coffee

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    But the bootloader is locked so we can't use the other AOSP for the meanwhile

i know this is a stretch but have you tried flashing anything for the wifi im still downloading the rom right now stuck on 3g so taking forever. but hoping to have my s4 backonline when the mail gets here. anyway maybe try flashing GE (google edition these are from 4.4 u can try if they dont work dig up 4.3s not goldeneye) wifi files for 4.3, or a VZW MK2 MARC pack or [URL="http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577712"]wifi fix w/ mk2 modules attached[/URL] the worst that could happen with any of those files is having to reinstall the ROM. hopefully1 works otherwise ill be back when i get my s4 hopefully soon. n this is at top of my list for investigation. my guess is its using a hybrid approach vs being 100% AOSP but from the OP it claims its based off of slim roms which is 100% either way it should be able to be used as a base by a dev to bring more of these to SafeStrap n im on it plan on bringing or porting anything possible. nice work and thanks to elias98902 for having the balls and itch to scratch. I had your itch too but never stumbled farther than a bootanimation loading.
    If you guys are on 4.2.2, it would make since if it was a gpe rom, as gpe was somehow compatible with 4.2.2 safestrap. If I remember correctly, someone said that the differences between the kernels was negligible and could boot with the tw kernel.

I would say its safe to assume that its actual AOSP seeing that it uses the CM kernel source (or at links to it on the OP), however, there are no accounts in the thread of the rom cook saying that it is AOSP, only other posters.

Well so far it's AOSP ROM. It has pure android, the weight of the zip is so light and if. And yes, A Dev did say it wasn't compatible with any AOSP ROM's. But I found a ROM that works! I'll post some screen shots of the AOSP ROM. And if it says AT&T its because I have a Straight Talk Sim Card in it.

So far people are eager with this. If we can get more people's attention we can probably get Hashcode to see what's making this ROM work on AOSP

He's running this rom with the MK2 kernel. I downloaded the rom to see what was up. Its more a of a theme with some system apps and mods than a full rom, and appears to be more themed touchwiz than AOSP at this point, thought if they could expand our their work it would be pretty cool.

How is the 4.2.2 rom able to run on mk2 though? And how is the download so small?