New Official Facebook app on Android!!

Search This thread

keridel

Jan 8, 2009
portsmouth
Guys i am hoping the wonderful devs/mods/members of xda can help me.

i have created a group on facebook to try and get the site to listen to our pleas.
The android OS is now number 2 in market share behind Symbian and yet we have possibly the most appalling app ever.

you cant use the new Places feature, you cant chat, you cant even tag photos! (something you have been able to do since facebook started)

this to me just doesnt seem right. we deserve a decent app. i know that a lot of the devs on here could make a better app but why should they? the Fruit based phone that shall not be named has had a good app from the beggining and has the new Places added to it straight away.

so i am asking that anyone from the site who loves facebook and android and wants to see them paired correctly please come and join us at:

http://bit.ly/andface

Update: as of the 3rd of november the facebook app has been updated to include the places and groups. great. but it has still not focused on the basics.

Update: as of the 14th december they have added chat!! WHOO HOO!!! and push notification for chat. this is fantastic. a real step in the right direction. however i would like to see the choice of push for other things like comments and tags. Oh and still NO PHOTO TAGGING!!!

Photo tagging has been a part of facebook almost from the beggining. It is the feature that everyone uses and its exclusion from the android app is the most appalling oversight. if you take a picture of your friends when you are out and then upload it to facebook you want to be able to tag them in it. whats the point otherwise?

Last edited:

mccallum

Sep 18, 2008
joined your group and voted for front page...

everyone also check out facebook.com/pages/Equal-Applications/161595070521879
has the same aim

dianeofarcadia

May 9, 2008
Northern Michigan
joined and voted as well on both areas.

Personally I stopped using any of the facebook apps since they seem so poor in function. Been using Bloo 1.5 since its release. Hopefully facebook and the great team of devs here can come up with something more positive in functionality. ;)

enomther

Jun 12, 2009
Shameless BUMP!

IMHO ... this entire app should be rethought ...

It appeared they were going for the same interface the "official twitter" app uses ... but it's a #fail implementation.

I vote for complete redesign ... that's just me though. :)

speoples20

Jun 10, 2007
Joined, I would like it if I click on a notification it opens in the app not the damn web page.

keridel

Jan 8, 2009
portsmouth
am gonna give this a bump. trying to get to 1000 people so I can contact facebook.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts