custom roms

Search This thread

darkshaft

Jul 21, 2013
Sorry am newbie to KNOX system, but all Note 3 users especially N9005 who have custom roms voided their warranty?? I can't see a safe way of rooting and installing custom rom, is there a safe way??

kenny1991

Feb 5, 2012
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. No no no no no no no no no.
You are a noob and want to flash custom roms? Good luck

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. No no no no no no no no no.

And you,dear sir,are just rude !!!

Sorry am newbie to KNOX system, but all Note 3 users especially N9005 who have custom roms voided their warranty?? I can't see a safe way of rooting and installing custom rom, is there a safe way??

find and check few threads here on xda,DO A LOT OF READING and then decide
some of them to start with

double check everything before using anything,u are the only one responsible for your device ;)

Reactions: darkshaft

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth

Do some more search u will know what to do.
1st u have to know ur built#. If it is mj3 above, no way u can have an untrip knox after rooting, even if u use urdlv mentioned on above post.

Even if u have lower than mj3, if u decide to flash custom recovery and rom, it will trip ur knox.

Even if let's say u have lower than mj3, u just do rooting with urdlv, when u want to upgrade to kitkat, ur root will be gone, and if u re root again, it will trip.

Conclusion : make up ur mind to throw the flag to enjoy note 3. :)
Before u decide to trip knox, test all the note 3 issue on ur device first, at least before knox trip, if anything wrong with ur device u can still claim warranty.

Cheers.

Sent from N9005 NC2 ROM.

LiMz

Feb 17, 2012

If you want to flash, do so on the premise that you will lose your warranty. I've flashed hundreds of times and never bricked once. Just read. Then read again. Just when you thought your brain might implode. Read AGAIN!!

For your first time pick a rom that's used by the majority. Chances are any issues you come across have been dealt with. Also once a Rom has moved onto a high version number. Eg. Omega rom for note 3 it's on v12, they are just tweaking small things, so it's good to go with these. .

Don't be afraid :)

--
"Skate where the puck’s going, not where it’s been.”
- Wayne Gretzsky

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

And you,dear sir,are just rude !!!

find and check few threads here on xda,DO A LOT OF READING and then decide
    some of them to start with

double check everything before using anything,u are the only one responsible for your device ;)

Do some more search u will know what to do.
    1st u have to know ur built#. If it is mj3 above, no way u can have an untrip knox after rooting, even if u use urdlv mentioned on above post.

Even if u have lower than mj3, if u decide to flash custom recovery and rom, it will trip ur knox.

Even if let's say u have lower than mj3, u just do rooting with urdlv, when u want to upgrade to kitkat, ur root will be gone, and if u re root again, it will trip.

Conclusion : make up ur mind to throw the flag to enjoy note 3. :)
    Before u decide to trip knox, test all the note 3 issue on ur device first, at least before knox trip, if anything wrong with ur device u can still claim warranty.

Cheers.

Sent from N9005 NC2 ROM.

If you want to flash, do so on the premise that you will lose your warranty. I've flashed hundreds of times and never bricked once. Just read. Then read again. Just when you thought your brain might implode. Read AGAIN!!

For your first time pick a rom that's used by the majority. Chances are any issues you come across have been dealt with. Also once a Rom has moved onto a high version number. Eg. Omega rom for note 3 it's on v12, they are just tweaking small things, so it's good to go with these. .

Don't be afraid :)

--
    "Skate where the puck’s going, not where it’s been.”
    - Wayne Gretzsky