New Update! 02/08/2012

Search This thread

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
Don't have screenshots of battery before, but mine is declining nearly twice as fast... With wifi and gps off... That's on 11.1

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

id10terrordfw

Aug 3, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Anyone having trouble with ADB after the update? No matter what I do, it won't see it on my desktop anymore. It worked great up until the update, then poof. No ADB connection. It still connects as a media device and with Asus Sync, though. USB debuggery has been turned off and back on, both devices rebooted, no unknown drivers, nothing I can see causing the problem. ADB still works fine on my GSII Skyrocket, GSII i9100, and Inspire 4G. How odd.

opentoe

Dec 5, 2011
Just ran some benchmarks on Performance mode, and mine has zero time at 1400MHz. Also zero time below 475MHz. Looks like more CPU speed management refinement is in order.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

The damn thing keeps going into BALANCED mode. I keep putting mine into PERFORMANCE mode, which is where I want it to stay, but Asus keeps changing the damn thing back to BALANCED. This is driving me crazy.

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
The update decreased battery life, evidently intentionally.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1488451&page=2

Don't have screenshots of battery before, but mine is declining nearly twice as fast... With wifi and gps off... That's on 11.1

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Ugh. I'm really regretting buying this tablet, as things just seem to keep getting worse. I never had any lockups or reboots, and this update has noticeable hurt my battery life. Unreal.

opentoe

Dec 5, 2011
Seems mine is getting worse too. After every update it crashes more and runs slower. I use to have just OK Bluetooth/Wifi performance. Now forget it. If I have Bluetooth running on my headset my wifi performance goes WAY WAY down. Damn, I love this tablet but there is so much I can take at this time. Seriously, if the Samsung 10 incher doesn't have these issues I just may try to get my money back for this thing and get the Samsung and leave Asus alone for a long time. I'm one of the patient ones and even suggest people to wait but now I'm getting frustrated and need to throw some cake!!! COME ON ASUS!!

richaoj

Jun 14, 2011
Jackson, MS
profiles.google.com
So they are still using a kernel based on gingerbread or is it honeycomb? It's that what 2.6 vs 3.0 means?

Linux exists outside of android. The Linux kernel underwent a major revision a little while back, and it is beginning to make appearances on android devices. The 2.6 kernel base is not Gingerbread, it is just a linux kernel. The 3.0 is not an ICS kernel, it is just a linux kernel. I may be wrong, but didn't the kernel switch to GPL3? Perhaps some of the code is not GPL3 compliant, so that's why we're on 2.6 still. Dunno, but not really that big of a deal.

dgoodsell

Feb 9, 2012
Maryland
I can't get around the DMCLIENT has stopped errors - even with clearing the cache, date, force stopping and rebooting.

I'll be glad when I'm back from business trips next week so I can finally RMA this thing and cross my fingers that I get a fix for this, backlight bleed, poor wifi and zero gps satellites.

I had the same issue and instead of rebooting do a cold boot. It worked for me and have not had any issues with DMCLIENT

sparkym3

Dec 31, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2013)
Reactions: hogwilson

Ready2Mosh

Jun 18, 2007
Good to know as I have no updated yet, to busy.

BTW, the wpa_supplicant2 file we changed has these details: 470.21k and my edit date is 03 Feb 12 15:09:00 which is different than the original we backed up. SO, after this update, if that file has new mod dates & file size that means they did tweak it and it is their update that now is fixing ad hoc and not mine. If the mod dates and file size are same, it is my update that is still working. I will report back the results after I run the updater.

Bastards.. the screwed with the kernel and did not make this fix. damn!

try using the fix in my signature link below

access by my signature link below

OK, I followed the instructions to a T, after renaming original file and replacing with the one in your link it didn't change anything in terms of how it connected, still didn't work. So I turned wifi off, deleted the new file, removed .bak from original and rebooted. Now it won't connect to my work wifi which worked perfect before doing the replacement file.

I tried deleting the network and re adding and still no go, just sits there obtaining IP address, disconnected, obtaining IP address.

Help please.

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
OK, I followed the instructions to a T, after renaming original file and replacing with the one in your link it didn't change anything in terms of how it connected, still didn't work. So I turned wifi off, deleted the new file, removed .bak from original and rebooted. Now it won't connect to my work wifi which worked perfect before doing the replacement file.

I tried deleting the network and re adding and still no go, just sits there obtaining IP address, disconnected, obtaining IP address.

Help please.

Um, just sounds to me like you need a static address, but I know not...

wynand32

Jan 2, 2008
Yes, my battery life is decreasing at a rate roughly 30% faster than it did yesterday prior to the update, as measured by Battery Monitor Pro.

As others might have mentioned, battery life can be worse in the first few days following an update, while the system rebuilds caches and such. I usually wait at least a day before concluding that an update has negatively impacted battery life.

Not saying it's not happening, just saying that it might be too soon to tell. That said, the whole processor stepping change thing is of interest and worth keeping an eye on...

micaman

Jul 15, 2005
I'm a poor Canadian, the WW version of the patch is not yet available. No OTA or no D/L from support website.
To be honest I am torn. On one side I'm eagerly awaiting the update to see if it will improve my wifi & gps and on the the other after reading all mixed reviews I'm not so sure I want to mess something else up.

flak0

Jan 3, 2009
Pembroke Pines , FL
Just ran some benchmarks on Performance mode, and mine has zero time at 1400MHz. Also zero time below 475MHz. Looks like more CPU speed management refinement is in order.

This was present on: . 11 and.11.1, nothing new. All four cores are constantly on.

Governors do not seem to change anything and setting cpu speed with system tuner below 475 mhz.

For those with battery drain issues, install better battery stats (free on xda) and once u upgrade let device alone for 10 min.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

HOFFERN342

Jan 18, 2012
Asker
There is a whole world waiting for the update.. all we can do is sit and study how the people with US-devices run around while crying out loud how happy they are to not have any stupid random reboots anymore, while I am sitting here in the dark corner constantly hitting the "check for update" button on my WW-device.

Reactions: Linde

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.
    Because they don't know yet what it does fix, simples.

They're waiting for the results coming from the beta testers...US :eek:

Really?

9.4.2.13 US Release Notes -
    1. Fix Random Reboot / Lockup Problem (100% success in regression testing with returned units, hopefully the same in the community)
    2. Enable Google WideVine video rental in the US
    3. General Performance Enhancements - Usability and User Experience improvements
    4. Improved WiFi operation (for most users, still working on the WiFi/BT dropout fix that will not be assisted by the WiFi/GPS firmware updates)

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

My wifi is completely dead now.
    Won't even turn on.

Before buying this tablet all I ever heard about Asus is their great support for their devices...

Yeah...
    Growing a bit tired of this

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Please PM with your setup and prior firmware release. This is the first and only report about dead WiFi out of 22K updates today so it could be something else causing the problem.
    Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.

Hi Gary,

Any chance of starting to provide changelogs for your updates? I imagine doing such a thing will greatly increase the quality of feedback you receive and make for quicker diagnosis of issues stemming from an update.

As it stands, it takes the community around a week collectively to notice what's been changed and where, which generates a lot of ill-feeling. Adding this layer of transparency will bring you closer to your user-base.

If any other forum users agree with this sentiment, click the thank button or quote me and add your own thoughts.
    Got a notification on my prime for a new Asus update..Dont know what it is yet cause my battery was low and I just put it on the charger..Will update soon..
    They fixed the double % error in the weather widget, not sure if anyone noticed. By Odin's beard that bugged the crap outta me!