Installed CM11 - Play store not working

Search This thread

lafangey740

Jan 6, 2014
Hello,
I installed CM11 on my HTC explorer following the instructions on this link
XDA - HTC CM11

I successfully installed CM11 and rebooted the device. Then I rebooted into recovery to flash gapps zip and do everything as instructed. But the google play store did not appear even after flashing.

So I did a fresh CM11 install and then gapps again. Still it did not appear.

Finally, I installed Google Play Store apk from File Manager and let gapps be there.

So now whenever I go to download any app it closes by saying "unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" Then it won't open again. So for that I did following

1. remove google account and connect again.
2. disable or enable google play store from all apps.
3. clear cache
4. clear data/cache of downloads or download manager. it makes the app open again, but as soon as downloading an app play store closes.
5. force stop.

I tried opening after each step but google play store won't let me download any app.

Please help!

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Hello,
XDA - HTC CM11

I successfully installed CM11 and rebooted the device. Then I rebooted into recovery to flash gapps zip and do everything as instructed. But the google play store did not appear even after flashing.

Finally, I installed Google Play Store apk from File Manager and let gapps be there.

So now whenever I go to download any app it closes by saying "unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" Then it won't open again. So for that I did following

3. clear cache
4. clear data/cache of downloads or download manager. it makes the app open again, but as soon as downloading an app play store closes.
5. force stop.

I tried opening after each step but google play store won't let me download any app.

Please help!

Remove apps from system then flash the rom..

Or you can do the steps below

Follow this method mentioned in the post..

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48772404

Use the PA gapps.. i.e Para android gapps

You can get this from here:- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589283

Last edited:

lafangey740

Jan 6, 2014

Remove which apps from system? the zipped ones or the google apk or the extracted files? and how to remove? bhai can you please clarify the folder/file and how to reach there.

About the steps in the link you gave.

It says partition order should be SD-SYSTEM , SD- DATA

how do I make sure it is in that order? I downloaded the 2_sd_ext.zip, but what do I do with those files? no instructions in that thread. I really don't understand what steps to follow and how.

Last edited:

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Remove which apps from system? the zipped ones or the google apk or the extracted files? and how to remove? bhai can you please clarify the folder/file and how to reach there.

how do I make sure it is in that order? I really don't understand what steps to follow and how.

Open the rom zip go to system folder delete cm file manager.apk LatinIME.apk repack the zip now flash the rom.

Now you can flash the gapps.

2nd method i gave you is for increasing the system memory..

During the development stage there was problem in mounting ext partitions in this rom so this method was made..

SD-System is the portion in which your system partition will b increased and you can flash gapps without deleting anything..

SD-Data is the internel memory of the device.

You can use a partition wizard for creating SD-System and SD-Data.

After connecting the card to pc you can see the drive of it..

1. Now open the wizard.

2.Delete that partition.

3.Create a parrtion of fat32 that will b size you will get for storing music etc.

4.Create a partition of size 500 MB which will b SD-System.

5.Create a partition of size 1GB or more SD-Data (Your internal memory)

6.Now apply.

You will get SD-System and SD-data.

Last edited:
Reactions: lafangey740

lafangey740

Jan 6, 2014
Open the rom zip go to system folder delete cm file manager.apk LatinIME.apk repack the zip now flash the rom.

During the development stage there was problem in mounting ext partitions in this rom so this method was made..

SD-System is the portion in which your system partition will b increased and you can flash gapps without deleting anything..

1. Now open the wizard.

2.Delete that partition.

3.Create a parrtion of fat32 that will b size you will get for storing music etc.

6.Now apply.

Ok so what you mean is to unzip CM11 for htc explorer. goto system/app/ and delete CMFileManager and LatinIME apk files. Zip the files again.

then Reboot into recovery
Format System (not wipe option but format option !!!)
Format Data
Format Cache then Format Boot
Wipe Data/Factory reset (1st option in wipe/format menu)
Wipe Dalvik Cache

and finally flash the new ROM without those 2 files.

after that reboot normally and then download paragapps. Reboot into recovery again and flash paragapps.

Now I have two questions:
1. Can I use this gapps from XDA forums htc explorer CM11 thread or do I exclusively need paragapps?

2. Will either gapps or paragapps make play store work? if not then since the file manager is not there how can I even install the play store apk?

Thanks for your help bhai!

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Ok so what you mean is to unzip CM11 for htc explorer. goto system/app/ and delete CMFileManager and LatinIME apk files. Zip the files again.

then Reboot into recovery
Format System (not wipe option but format option !!!)
Format Data
Format Cache then Format Boot
Wipe Data/Factory reset (1st option in wipe/format menu)
Wipe Dalvik Cache

and finally flash the new ROM without those 2 files.

after that reboot normally and then download paragapps. Reboot into recovery again and flash paragapps.

Now I have two questions:
1. Can I use this gapps from XDA forums htc explorer CM11 thread or do I exclusively need paragapps?

2. Will either gapps or paragapps make play store work? if not then since the file manager is not there how can I even install the play store apk?

Thanks for your help bhai!

Best thing i do is i create a copy of the rom zip in other folder or drive delete the files from the zip itself so no need of packing it again..:thumbup:

The main problem for playstore not getting installed is system memory is full after you delete the apk files you will get the playstore..

Sd system and sd data was brought into scene because system partition was full due to which gapps was not working and the kernel was not mounting the ext..

You can use gapps provided after deleting the apps..

Plz note for pa gapps to work you need to have sd system and sd data or else it wont work..

via xda premium app

lafangey740

Jan 6, 2014
Best thing i do is i create a copy of the rom zip in other folder or drive delete the files from the zip itself so no need of packing it again..:thumbup:

The main problem for playstore not getting installed is system memory is full after you delete the apk files you will get the playstore..

Sd system and sd data was brought into scene because system partition was full due to which gapps was not working and the kernel was not mounting the ext..

You can use gapps provided after deleting the apps..

Plz note for pa gapps to work you need to have sd system and sd data or else it wont work..

via xda premium app

So you mean even if I delete those 2 apks and choose paragapps, I will still not have gapps running?

Can you elaborate on the SD partition thing? which partition wizard should I get for this? moreover will it cleanup my sd card? also the previous steps were confusing. just some clear instructions pls. have to get a few apps running anyhow before morning.

Thanks!

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
So you mean even if I delete those 2 apks and choose paragapps, I will still not have gapps running?

Can you elaborate on the SD partition thing? which partition wizard should I get for this? moreover will it cleanup my sd card? also the previous steps were confusing. just some clear instructions pls. have to get a few apps running anyhow before morning.

Thanks!

After you delete the apk files no need to use pa gapps..

via xda premium app

Reactions: lafangey740

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
No I mean if I delete those 2 files do I really need to use SD partition? can I run google play without modifying the partitions as I couldn't understand it clearly?

No need of creating a partition after deleting those 2 files and no need of pa gapps as well just flash the gapps provided in the post i.e the normal one.. Just make sure you have at least one partition for increasing your internel memory..

If you haven't created any ext partition you can create it through recovery..

No need any partition software..

Check the cm 11 post in that a patch is available flash the patch after setting up your phone.. Your ext partiton will b mounted..

Lastly as the system partiton will b free you can flash the gapps and you will get the play store..

lafangey740

Jan 6, 2014
No need of creating a partition after deleting those 2 files and no need of pa gapps as well just flash the gapps provided in the post i.e the normal one.. Just make sure you have at least one partition for increasing your internel memory..

If you haven't created any ext partition you can create it through recovery..

No need any partition software..

Check the cm 11 post in that a patch is available flash the patch after setting up your phone.. Your ext partiton will b mounted..

Lastly as the system partiton will b free you can flash the gapps and you will get the play store..

Ok so I removed those 2 files and flash the rom again after formatting system, data, cache and boot. then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache.

When rom flash was complete I rebooted the phone and now 2 things not working on first glance.
1. back button
2. removable storage not detected when connecting to pc
3. no keyboard input option

How can I even flash the sd ext available in below link without the pc detecting the phone storage?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48843587&postcount=736

Last edited:

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Ok so I removed those 2 files and flash the rom again after formatting system, data, cache and boot. then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache.

When rom flash was complete I rebooted the phone and now 2 things not working on first glance.
1. back button
2. removable storage not detected when connecting to pc

Should I still flash the sd ext available here?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48843587&postcount=736

Back button is not working due to the gapps..

and yes flash the patch..

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
I must mention that I haven't flashed gapps yet.

moreover keyboard input is not working as well.

also the pc does not detect the phone removable storage anymore. so how do I transfer the sd ext patch?

Keyboard not working cz LatinIME is not der..

Go in recovery-> go to mounts and storage-> mount usb storage. You will get your card mounted on pc copy the patch and flash

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
I just download the CM 11 patch and flashed it. don't know how to create an ext partition. was it needed?

should I remove the battery and start everything all over again?

For the patch to work you need a ext partition which can be created using recovery..

In recovery go to advanced-> select partition sd card-> select the size you want-> select swap size 0..

Before creating a ext back up your card cz it will format your card..

Ok now about the keyboard thing instead of deleting LatinIME delete documentsUI.apk

lafangey740

Jan 6, 2014
For the patch to work you need a ext partition which can be created using recovery..

In recovery go to advanced-> select partition sd card-> select the size you want-> select swap size 0..

Before creating a ext back up your card cz it will format your card..

Ok now about the keyboard thing instead of deleting LatinIME delete documentsUI.apk

Ok, let me get the cm11 again on the sd card. can you please confirm if this is what I have to do

start into recovery
flash cm11 zip.
reboot
shut down phone
go into recovery
partition sd card
flash cm11 patch
reboot
shut down phone
go into recovery
flash gapps

all done?

I need to reboot after each flash, right?

is the above order correct?

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Ok, let me get the cm11 again on the sd card. can you please confirm if this is what I have to do

start into recovery
flash cm11 zip.
reboot
shut down phone
go into recovery
partition sd card
flash cm11 patch
reboot
shut down phone
go into recovery
flash gapps

all done?

I need to reboot after each flash, right?

is the above order correct?

Start into recovery

Partition your card.(Make a back up of your card first)

Copy the cm11 zip in your card delete the 2 files and flash the rom..

Reboot.

Reboot to recovery now flash the gapps..

Reboot, Complete setup.

Now flash the patch..

Reboot done.

If the gapps are not working use this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537708

Still you are not getting the play store use the above one or delete some more apps..

Edit: Just for you i installed cm 11 i was atleast able to add google acc and install play store.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    XDA - HTC CM11

3. clear cache
    5. force stop.

Please help!

how do I make sure it is in that order? I really don't understand what steps to follow and how.

1. Now open the wizard.

2.Delete that partition.

6.Now apply.

Thanks!

After you delete the apk files no need to use pa gapps..

via xda premium app
    I have just finished the sd card partition. The pc was not reading the sd card for a long time. Now it does.

before I try cm11 can you tell me which apps can be deleted which won't create any problems?

Delete Basicdreams.apk,DocumentsUI.apk,Printspooler.apk and WhisperPush.apk now atleast you will get a keyboard..:laugh::p
    wohoooooo! it works! amazing hai bhai! Thanks a lot yaar. It was really confusing and difficult for me, but you were very patient with me!

these are exact steps I followed:

1. Reboot into recovery > mount and storage >
    a. Format System (not wipe option but format option !!!)
    b. Format Data
    c. Format Cache then Format Boot > now go back
    d. Wipe Data/Factory reset (1st option in wipe/format menu)
    e. Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache

2. Partition SD Card

3. Copy CM11 zip to the sd card and delete following from the zip in system/app folder
    CMFilemanager.apk, Basicdreams.apk, DocumentsUI.apk, Printspooler.apk and WhisperPush.apk
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535682

4. Also download CM11 Patch from here and copy into SD card
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48843587

5. Then download gapps from this link and copy into SD card
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537708

6. Power off > reboot into recovery > install zip from sd card > choose zip > flash cm11 > reboot
    7. Power off > reboot into recovery > install zip from sd card > flash gapps > reboot
    8. Power off > reboot into recovery > install zip from sd card > flash cm11 patch > reboot
    9. add an account in settings > gmail
    10. open and download apps from google play store

I have saved above steps so I can follow them again if needed. I really appreciate your help. But I do have a few questions:

1. I really liked the default email client of android that came with htc explorer. Is there some email client for CM11 android 4.4.2 that I can download and install. Please also tell how I can install apk now. I have 5-6 email accounts that I want to add in one app.

2. I also like the task manager. Do I have an option regarding this?

3. Which browser should I download? opera mini, opera full, chrome, ff? as earlier setup allowed only mini I don't know if I can burden the phone with huge app

4. what other things can I do that can make the phone more exciting? some tricks/app that are lightweight and awesome

5. how do I get google maps?

6. there is only 1 screen. Original one had about 7 screens that i could swipe left/right. no such thing here. Does android 4.4.2 lack multiple screen support?

7. the downloads folder crashes and closes immediately. I get a lot of files via email. any way to view downloaded files?

Thanks a lot again dada :)

Well i use personally use mini but in cm there is alignment issue..
    You can download maps from playstore.. and about email app i think you need to download that as well.. about homescreen i think it well b better if you kp less screens as it will kp you phone smooth.. task manager seems you need app.. use greenify app this app will help you kp your ram free and in settings-> interface you will get homescreen option..

via xda premium app

You can get the downloaded folder in your card named downloads you can access it through file manager