[ROM][OFFICIAL][CandyKat][t6_ALL_VARIANTS]

Search This thread

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
@gimmeitorilltell run the Rom for about an hour looks good didn't have any fcs and android stops. But had to revert back as for some reason when making a phone call not sure if call went out or not but the mute button is constantly pressed looks as though call does connect but can hear nothing. And also no media files play. Tried through Google play music and the music app also with es file player. Just skips through every song I try to play. And the music app makes phone lag when it's open thanks though looks like an interesting Rom.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Oh and as usual with the current asop roms WiFi was playing up. Was disconnecting couple of times when first started up Rom then turned phone off and on and it remembered the connection. But then I left for work so not sure if it still had problems. But lte looked good.

Reactions: gimmeitorilltell

mbl1979

May 15, 2014
Roxboro
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
@gimmeitorilltell run the Rom for about an hour looks good didn't have any fcs and android stops. But had to revert back as for some reason when making a phone call not sure if call went out or not but the mute button is constantly pressed looks as though call does connect but can hear nothing. And also no media files play. Tried through Google play music and the music app also with es file player. Just skips through every song I try to play. And the music app makes phone lag when it's open thanks though looks like an interesting Rom.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Oh and as usual with the current asop roms WiFi was playing up. Was disconnecting couple of times when first started up Rom then turned phone off and on and it remembered the connection. But then I left for work so not sure if it still had problems. But lte looked good.

Same with me on my Verizon max as well. Everything flashed good, went to make a call and the mute button was already active. Could not turn it off, the call was placed tho. Called my office phone answered it and i could not hear anything. Hope that helps. P.S. WiFi seems as good as it is with CM11.

devonburns20

Jun 15, 2012

Ya the same thing happened to me with the media files. Every song I tried to play it just skipped right through. I even tried downloading a new song and it still continued. Just Kept getting "Couldn't Play Track That Was Selected/ Media File Error." I flashed back to t6vzw GPE and it still continued so i had to restore back to NuSense, and that fixed it. Lastly I flashed back to t6vzw GPE and music played just fine, no dice with Candycat.

Last edited:

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012

Same with me on my Verizon max as well. Everything flashed good, went to make a call and the mute button was already active. Could not turn it off, the call was placed tho. Called my office phone answered it and i could not hear anything. Hope that helps. P.S. WiFi seems as good as it is with CM11.

Ya the same thing happened to me with the media files. Every song I tried to play it just skipped right through. I even tried downloading a new song and it still continued. Just Kept getting "Couldn't Play Track That Was Selected/ Media File Error." I flashed back to t6vzw GPE and it still continued so i had to restore back to NuSense, and that fixed it. Lastly I flashed back to t6vzw GPE and music played just fine, no dice with Candycat.

This is GREAT here folks! Exactly what I was looking for so I know what to work on. The last couple commits must have borked the incall since it was working. I have not tried any audio files myself yet, but after flashing my latest sprint build I have the same issues as your devices.

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
This is what we've long awaited!! I'll add the build to the op when I get home and upload it. I'm interested in knowing more results. uploadfromtaptalk1407965895954.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: disconnecktie

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
CandyKat-t6spr-4.4.4.release.v1.5.8-Official-20140813.zip

Sweet charging my phone now. :D

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Free mobile app

Sorry for the even longer delay but the OP is now updated to SPRINT ONLY!!!! No other variants have been updated but VEY SOON they will be as welll. I do have 2 jobs, well 3 if you count being a daddy of 7 children, so give me time & I will get everyone a taste of CandyKat :) Please let mer know if LTE works for you on SPRINT? Also fixed the incall audio bug so you let me know what DOES NOT work? Thanks ev1....

Folks I had messed my phone up pretty bad from testing build after build but I finally have 4G. The one thing I did that you all will not do is I reflashed the firmware to fix all my screw ups. This might have helped to get lte working so if yours does not work, I will gladly walk you thru the steps that I took. Please be patient with me tho if you have this as a request.

Reactions: disconnecktie

mbl1979

May 15, 2014
Roxboro
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Sorry for the even longer delay but the OP is now updated to SPRINT ONLY!!!! No other variants have been updated but VEY SOON they will be as welll. I do have 2 jobs, well 3 if you count being a daddy of 7 children, so give me time & I will get everyone a taste of CandyKat :) Please let mer know if LTE works for you on SPRINT? Also fixed the incall audio bug so you let me know what DOES NOT work? Thanks ev1....

Folks I had messed my phone up pretty bad from testing build after build but I finally have 4G. The one thing I did that you all will not do is I reflashed the firmware to fix all my screw ups. This might have helped to get lte working so if yours does not work, I will gladly walk you thru the steps that I took. Please be patient with me tho if you have this as a request.

Its all good, I for one understand this is a part time gig for most DEVS. 7 kids...wow forget ROMS how do you sleep lol? I'll be waiting patiently, thank you for all you do.

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I'll be sure to flash this and test LTE

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Let me know how it goes. Also here is an LTE speed test. View attachment 2896505

LTE works perfectly but when the first boot came it got stuck at activating data and I finally got it out of that stage. Also is this just standard LTE? because I know this isnt my spark speeds I normally get in my home

Sent from my One Max using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1407982176207.jpg
    1407982176207.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 119

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
LTE works perfectly but when the first boot came it got stuck at activating data and I finally got it out of that stage. Also is this just standard LTE? because I know this isnt my spark speeds I normally get in my home

That image is more like 3G data. Is your phone set to global mode in settings & LTE/GSM/CDMA auto(PRL) in the radio *#*#4636#*#*? I had to let the rom settle for a couple hours before I actually got up to the 4G speeds. Try a couple of reboots & give it a little time but to answer your question, that is not the Spark you are used to.

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
That image is more like 3G data. Is your phone set to global mode in settings & LTE/GSM/CDMA auto(PRL) in the radio *#*#4636#*#*? I had to let the rom settle for a couple hours before I actually got up to the 4G speeds. Try a couple of reboots & give it a little time but to answer your question, that is not the Spark you are used to.

Its working correctly I moved places and I got spark speeds also it is a little spotty meaning its getting weak signals and it switches to roaming very easily. My other concern is when switching back from roaming or 3g it does it pretty slowly I'm waiting minutes before it actually picks up data again.

Last edited:

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Its working correctly I moved places and I got spark speeds also it is a little spotty meaning its getting weak signals as it switches to roaming very easily. My other concern is when switching back from roaming or 3g it does it pretty slowly I'm waiting minutes before it actually picks up data again.

Well this is definitely a step in the right direction so far. Thank you for checking things out here and I'll certainly still be working on this. I'll see what I can find out and post a fix or a new build once I get the bugs worked out.

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Well this is definitely a step in the right direction so far. Thank you for checking things out here and I'll certainly still be working on this. I'll see what I can find out and post a fix or a new build once I get the bugs worked out.

Well achieving LTE alone is a break through for the sprint variant but keep up the good work:thumbup:

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
CandyKat-t6vzw-4.4.4.release.v1.5.8

Verizon users here is your Candykat fresh in the OP! Run a nandroid and flash away.

Gimme, everything seems good dude. One thing is their a clear all recent button?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Free mobile app

You double tap the Home button & just "pinch" the recents to clear all.

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013

Lol good lad I've got 2 boys and that's a struggle you are a machine haha when the international build comes you know I'll be checking it out [emoji106]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    eqmzfkV.png

This is CandyKat. Built straight from SlimRoms source with commits from a variety of different sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We have also come up with the Candy Sweetener Pack. This is an Aroma installer that is full of delicious treats. Inspired by the CandyShop thread on XDA it has everything from glow dots to halo mods.

Check us out on the web at www.The-Candy-Shop.co

qkvs.jpg

This project made possible by:
    @matthew0776
    @mar5hal
    @gimmeitorilltell
    @BMP7777
    @CyberScopes
    @tattooboy

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Steps:
    • First time flashing a CM based rom to your device?
      Coming from a SENSE ROM?
      Enable all location services: Settings > Location > (all location services) = On
    • Update to the latest CM ready TWRP recovery HERE or use the latest CWM
    • Download CandyKat.zip
    • Download Gapps (optional)
    • Place CandyKat.zip on phones memory or SD card
    • Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
    • Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    • Flash CandyKat.zip (and Gapps if desired)
    • Reboot and Enjoi

VXCeLOW.jpg

Downloads:
    CandyKat_t6spr
    CandyKat_t6vzw
    CandyKat_t6_intl

Download:Slim-Gapps

0qBNlbs.jpg

CandySweetener

You can checkout the "Official Sweetener Thread" for more info!

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP and Paranoid Android for making their source open. Flyhalf205 AND sbrissen for getting this project off the ground!! Anyone else I may have missed please PM me & I will make sure to include your name.

udbj.jpg

Sources:
    CandyShop
    CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    AOKP
    BeanStalk
    Paranoid Android

XDA:DevDB Information
    CandyKat, ROM for the HTC One Max

Contributors
    gimmeitorilltell, matthew0776, mar5hal, BMP7777, CyberScopes
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP, Paranoid Android

Version Information

Created 2014-06-23
    Last Updated 2014-12-30
    ANNOUNCEMENT​

SPRINT LTE is now working! It may be a little buggy at times but it's a great start. Many Many thanks to disconnecktie for putting up with all my questions in helping me to get this working! If you're using the Sprint variant, click on his name & THANK this man!​
    @gimmeitorilltell Thanks a lot for your contributions to this community BRO! Your all ova the place right now... :good:
    A new build is in the making after pulling in some more commits. This looks to have fixed the issues with wifi & bluetooth.