Thanks for your reply, Butchr.
A couple of nights ago was an interesting night for me. I was already on Task's AOKP and I decided to give PAC a shot. After copying the ROM's ZIP to my internal SD card and formatting system, the flash failed because it couldn't identify my phone as an I777. So I had to comment out the first lines of the updater scripts in order to bypass the check. However, I didn't have a way to push the updated ZIP file over to the internal SD card. I tried adb but it didn't work in recovery. Also, USB mounting in recovery doesn't work, at least not with Windows.
After a couple of hours, I wound up having to flash creepyncrawly's rooted 4.0.4 build using Odin. From there, I put PAC. It seemed awesome at first. Unfortunately, it had the exact same problem with Bluetooth that is affecting 4.2.2--bluetooth audio works fine, but bluetooth dialing causes the Voice Dialer or the Google Search to hang up at startup and fail initialization. It would be awesome if this is fixed in the last build, even though it seems like a Jelly Bean issue.
Immediately afterwards, I jumped on SHOstock's 4.1.2 ROM. Here are my thoughts:
- Not a big fan of touchwiz, but it's a little better than the Gingerbread days.
- I also don't like the notification panel because it's just packed with things, not leaving enough space for the actual notification. Could be a little more compact. Even after removing the brightness adjustment section. Cannot get rid of all the quick settings buttons.
- Another thing was when I downloaded Google maps, it always force-closed when attempting to start navigation. I had to uninstall it and download the APK for the latest version of Google Maps (with the interface changes). That worked fine.
- GPS locks very quickly.
- Battery life is awesome.
- No Bluetooth dialing issue. Had to use Google Search because Voice Dialer is not packaged in it.
- There is a known issue with notification sounds sometimes getting cut off. My first alarm this morning got cut off very quickly that I didn't wake up, but the first snooze alarm was fine, and that's when I woke up (10 minutes late).
I am interested in PAC if the bluetooth problem is fixed.