[Q] CSC , root, and rom question

Search This thread

maecillo1

Dec 29, 2013
Hi all, I recently bought a galaxy note 3 N9005 from Hong Kong, the 16gb version, I travel a lot so I thought since I was staying here for a week I'd buy a region lock free note 3, so I had some questions about the root process and the CSC(region firmware) :confused:

1. is rooting in this version the same as any other?(I know rooting triggers the knox counter)
2. can I change the CSC to get updates from at&t, or other region?
3. How(if possible) do I make the magic of changing the CSC happen?(if you grant me step-by-step guide I'll give you free kudos :D)
4. If I change the CSC will I get official firmware(ROM) from the new CSC, even after a fully unroot?
5. Is there anything I need to know for this process and if there is would you give me that precious information in exchange for a cookie?

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hi all, I recently bought a galaxy note 3 N9005 from Hong Kong, the 16gb version, I travel a lot so I thought since I was staying here for a week I'd buy a region lock free note 3, so I had some questions about the root process and the CSC(region firmware) :confused:

1. is rooting in this version the same as any other?(I know rooting triggers the knox counter)
2. can I change the CSC to get updates from at&t, or other region?
3. How(if possible) do I make the magic of changing the CSC happen?(if you grant me step-by-step guide I'll give you free kudos :D)
4. If I change the CSC will I get official firmware(ROM) from the new CSC, even after a fully unroot?
5. Is there anything I need to know for this process and if there is would you give me that precious information in exchange for a cookie?

16gb has different partition.
U can't use 32gb rom on it AFAIK.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.