[Q] opening adobe illustator file?

Search This thread

bucklee

Apr 16, 2011
Brooklyn
I was just lazy and curious to know if anyone knew how to open illustrator .ai file in android? I just received an attachment via email and I just didn't want to hop on my PC.

goenieg

Jul 2, 2011
Yes, I know how to open it. Too lazy to type it here though, apologies.

:)

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium App

bucklee

Apr 16, 2011
Brooklyn
lol

:)

Yeah I guess I deserve that. I really did try to search for it online. But my wife and I just had a new baby and I am having a hard time getting out of bed to my Laptop, Desktop, my other Laptop, my other Desktop. I'm here in Bed with HTC Flyer. I love my Flyer.

goenieg

Jul 2, 2011
Now I feel guilty :)

Just Google searched myself, couldn't anything, sorry.

goenieg

Jul 2, 2011
I just had a brainwave (this doen't happen very often btw)

Install a Remote Desktop app on your Flyer, install client on laptop.
(I use splashtop for this).

You can now open file in Windows and view it on ypur precious.

(I realize this involves installing something on your laptop. Which means getting out of bed. Let your partner do that, it's quite easy, shout some instructions if it takes a long time)

Reactions: bucklee

KuriKai

May 25, 2011
if it's an .ai file, I guess you would be plain out of luck, it's a propitiatory format.
If it's .svg you have more luck on opening it, the default program should be able to open it

fungel

Jul 15, 2014
Open .ai on Android - SOLVED

if it's an .ai file, I guess you would be plain out of luck, it's a propitiatory format.
If it's .svg you have more luck on opening it, the default program should be able to open it

Ok this is possible!
Install Adobe Reader app on Android. Using a File Explorer (in my case ES File Explorer) then find the .ai file, tap on it and select OTHER when it asks what file type it is, then select Adobe Reader and it opens it up!! :) I'm on Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 and only issue is that I have to rotate the screen before I open up the file as it won't rotate afterwards... But I believe this solves your problem and you won't either have to get out of bed or ask your partner to do anything ;)

anilsenkurt

Feb 2, 2013
I know its an old topic but it still comes up in first line when searched with some keywords from google so im gonna post my way of doing it:

With any file explorer that can rename files, change the extension from .ai to .pdf and most of illustrator files can opened with pdf readers..

Reactions: stealthinator16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just had a brainwave (this doen't happen very often btw)

Install a Remote Desktop app on your Flyer, install client on laptop.
    (I use splashtop for this).

You can now open file in Windows and view it on ypur precious.

(I realize this involves installing something on your laptop. Which means getting out of bed. Let your partner do that, it's quite easy, shout some instructions if it takes a long time)
    I know its an old topic but it still comes up in first line when searched with some keywords from google so im gonna post my way of doing it:

With any file explorer that can rename files, change the extension from .ai to .pdf and most of illustrator files can opened with pdf readers..