Video Player app that can play in the background

Search This thread

chris_m128

Sep 22, 2011
I'm looking for a video player that can play in the background. Example, so while a video is playing i could go to the homescreen and bring up the browser for a minute then go back to the movie without the video stopping.

chris_m128

Sep 22, 2011
That works great for YouTube videos but I am looking for something that will work with my .avi and .mp4 videos so I can listen to the videos while I browse the web

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
That works great for YouTube videos but I am looking for something that will work with my .avi and .mp4 videos so I can listen to the videos while I browse the web

Stick it is a great one but it puts the videos in front but they can be resized and moved where you like.

Edit:in the settings it has an option to play in the background aswell.(i believe just added feature today)

Last edited:

old_pocket

Jan 5, 2011
Maybe Popcorn Player is something that meets your needs. It plays mp4 very well in a window that can be resized, so you can watch, listen and surf at the same time.

frec

Nov 27, 2012
bs player is a great player with pop up video function that works very well. I use it in junction with mx player to test 10 bit video files.
google up "bs player google play"

bahehs

Oct 30, 2010
This is fire, we don't have quad core.

portezbie

Mar 31, 2012
bs player is a great player with pop up video function that works very well. I use it in junction with mx player to test 10 bit video files.
google up "bs player google play"

+1 for bsplayer, it's awesome.

With the pop out function you not only can browse the web and keep watching, but I've even ran a gba emulator while watching a video simultaneously.

It's awesome.

Plus the lan function works really well. Also bookmarking.

Jan 22, 2016
I'm looking for a video player that can play in the background. Example, so while a video is playing i could go to the homescreen and bring up the browser for a minute then go back to the movie without the video stopping.
you tried ES File explorer? if you have/get it navigate over to movies/videos on the main screen or find your video then long press it until you can get options for the file and select open as... then select music. the use your app of choise the press the home button. OR vlc should alow it to play VIDEOS yes the actuall video in a small box in other apps.