Cricket (GSM) sim card help

Search This thread

71pandas

Mar 2, 2013
I have a cricket sim card (in an adapter - nano >standard) in an Incredible 2.

The phone is unlocked.

When I put the sim card in, in both global and GSM mode, I get an error of an invalid sim and it won't let me edit the GSM settings or apn.

Has anyone done this? I just need a phone for the time being. I'm using the sim card in a different phone to type and post this, so I know the sim card is good and active.

Any ideas help? Phone is stock 2.3.4

Thank you in advance.

71pandas

Mar 2, 2013
called Verizon, got the code. put it in, phone restarts, then says its unlocked.

Any help with the sim issue?

echow2001

Jul 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
called Verizon, got the code. put it in, phone restarts, then says its unlocked.

Any help with the sim issue?

Alright, sounds like it should be gsm unlocked. Are you sure the cricket sim is GSM? I thought cricket was cdma but I might be wrong. If you can, try a tmo or att sim in the phone and see if you get signal. Also next time can you quote me so I can see your reply? Thanks.

71pandas

Mar 2, 2013
Alright, sounds like it should be gsm unlocked. Are you sure the cricket sim is GSM? I thought cricket was cdma but I might be wrong. If you can, try a tmo or att sim in the phone and see if you get signal. Also next time can you quote me so I can see your reply? Thanks.

Cricket is owned by ATT, I think they phased out CDMA in 2014 or 2015. They use all ATT towers now.

71pandas

Mar 2, 2013
Ahh, im behind on this kind of thing. Does the sim work on any other gsm phone? I would also try to flash a stock ruu.

Using the sim in a different phone to write this post. Phones are bone stock.

thank you for the continued troubleshooting, really would like to get this figured out. I've been around here much longer than this username. Normally I find the answers without the need for more specific help. This one has me stumped though.

Reactions: echow2001

echow2001

Jul 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

thank you for the continued troubleshooting, really would like to get this figured out. I've been around here much longer than this username. Normally I find the answers without the need for more specific help. This one has me stumped though.

Just try to RUU to stock and factory reset. Sometimes you need to wipe everything after entering the code so the phone will autodownload the apn settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ahh, im behind on this kind of thing. Does the sim work on any other gsm phone? I would also try to flash a stock ruu.