[Q] **HELP** Infuse stuck at SAMSUNG logo

Search This thread

astarling10

Feb 28, 2011
Manhattan, KS
I'm a noob and I tried to install 3e recovery using the instructions and video supplied in this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1105413
Everything seemed to work fine until I went into ROM manager and tried to backup current ROM (stock, rooted). I selected backup ROM and now my phone is sitting with the SAMSUNG logo and it hasn't moved from that in almost an hour. I'm not sure what to do to get the phone to boot up normally. I have done a battery pull but that didn't work. When I plug the phone into my computer, XP does recognize that is plugged in because it shows the internal and external sd cards in the My Computer window. I can't open either on by double clicking on the icon for each drive. I'm getting pretty desperate because I can't seem to figure out how to get the phone to boot normally. Any help and/or suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks!!!

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
try a hard reset. you shouldnt pull batteries unless it is the last resort, linux needs to unmount the file system.

a hard reset(different from a factory reset) is accomplished by holding the vol up +vol dn + power at the same time untill the phone reboots. if you wait till the samsung screen pops up again and immediately release you may also enter 3e recovery mode.

try to just boot the phone into the ui first. if it is still ok, go into rom manager and "flash cwm recovery" choose captivate or i9000. reboot into 3e recovery(blue text), (select reboot recovery not backup) reinstall packages twice! you should now be at a green text cwm recovery. once you get it setup the backup link in rom manager should work.

if the phone fails to boot up after a hard reset, you can attemp to clear user data in 3e recovery. you can get to 3e with phone off(you may pull battery now if you need to) hold vol up+ vol dn + pwr and hold untill you see the "samsung" screen. then you can clear data/factory reset

if that doesn't help you can still use odin/heimdall to restore the phone with one of the roms that may already have modded 3e recovery and other nice features.

Last edited:

astarling10

Feb 28, 2011
Manhattan, KS
Thanks for all your help! I managed to get it back working using Odin. Now I'm on the Infused ROM and loving life. I'm going to save this post just in case I get into trouble again down the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

justanoob

Jun 27, 2011
try a hard reset. you shouldnt pull batteries unless it is the last resort, linux needs to unmount the file system.

a hard reset(different from a factory reset) is accomplished by holding the vol up +vol dn + power at the same time untill the phone reboots. if you wait till the samsung screen pops up again and immediately release you may also enter 3e recovery mode.

try to just boot the phone into the ui first. if it is still ok, go into rom manager and "flash cwm recovery" choose captivate or i9000. reboot into 3e recovery(blue text), (select reboot recovery not backup) reinstall packages twice! you should now be at a green text cwm recovery. once you get it setup the backup link in rom manager should work.

if the phone fails to boot up after a hard reset, you can attemp to clear user data in 3e recovery. you can get to 3e with phone off(you may pull battery now if you need to) hold vol up+ vol dn + pwr and hold untill you see the "samsung" screen. then you can clear data/factory reset

if that doesn't help you can still use odin/heimdall to restore the phone with one of the roms that may already have modded 3e recovery and other nice features.

hi dani, i got the same case. but mine cannot boot into CMW. my PC does not detect. any idea??

LG_iiNsTiiNcT

Jan 12, 2011
So u should use gtgs ultimate unbrick then follow this.
1: Root using super one click
2: Download 3e recovery save it to your SD card
3: Use root explorer to move the 3e recovery file to systim bin overwrite recovery file
4: Reboot phone
5: Download Rom manager and click flash clock work mod pic i9000 not the (mtd)
6: Once its done select reboot in recovery
7: In recovery click RE-INSTALL it should load then click re-install again and u should get green cwm then reboot and flash away

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

hoofadoo

Aug 8, 2010
RI
So u should use gtgs ultimate unbrick then follow this.
1: Root using super one click
2: Download 3e recovery save it to your SD card
3: Use root explorer to move the 3e recovery file to systim bin overwrite recovery file
4: Reboot phone
5: Download Rom manager and click flash clock work mod pic i9000 not the (mtd)
6: Once its done select reboot in recovery
7: In recovery click RE-INSTALL it should load then click re-install again and u should get green cwm then reboot and flash away

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

This is an old useless method... just Odin flash the community kernel v8... done..

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
I have had that same boot screen problem too, buy a jig and u can put it into download mode that way then when you use odin3 to restore stock, u can get the stock rom with the recovery in it for u and u just need to download the update.zip on rom manager and then go into recovery and run the update zip twice. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1092021

You should get a jig (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...dkw=jig&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313) its a life saver in my opinion. because u can restore ur phone if u ever mess up.

Last edited:

Brazen9000

Mar 15, 2011
I too am stuck at the Samsung logo. I've used Odin to revert to stock but I think the Stock I reverted to was AT&T rather than Rogers? I can't seem to find the Rogers stock. I've tried to get it into recovery mode, taking out the battery booting with power up and down, releasing power when the Samsung logo came up - no good, the logo stays. I'm at a loss? Any advice? Is the a full raft of pit / pda etc files for Odin that I can make the Rogers Infuse as it was day one?

Thanks for any help

langka

Nov 8, 2010
I'm in the same boat... maybe it's because the rogers infuse comes as android 2.3? I hope a solution comes out soon!

xoltrix2000

Jul 19, 2008
Same here, Rogers Infuse. Stuck at Samsung logo. Tried infuse odin recovery, and community. Still no go. I tried flashing all the different stock/unbrick roms but nothing.

However, if I install Infused kernel/recovery, i can access the recovery and do a wipe/lagfix.

fallenherosdad

Oct 14, 2011
I was trying to flash to Infused and when I got to the step where the phone rebooted to CWM recovery it hang on the Samsung logo. After about 3 hours of trying various button resets the phone booted normally (ie not to CWM). They say the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results, well I went back through the same steps to flash to infused and again it froze on the Samsung logo, only I have no idea what I did last time to get it to boot normal, not to CWM. Since it did it before, there must be a combination...anybody know what it might be. I've read and tried everything on the forums. Thought I'd post here prior to using Odin. I am able to get to downloading screen by doing the button/USB cable combo.

I'm headed out of town and won't check this right away, but thanks for any posts with ideas.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Same here, Rogers Infuse. Stuck at Samsung logo. Tried infuse odin recovery, and community. Still no go. I tried flashing all the different stock/unbrick roms but nothing.

However, if I install Infused kernel/recovery, i can access the recovery and do a wipe/lagfix.

Rogers Infuse users need to use the UXKG3 unbrick, not the UCKD5 or E3 unbricks.

The UXKG3 variant tends to fall to the second or third pages of the dev forum since it's far less commonly used.

hnldriver

Mar 20, 2011
Holy Crap - im hooped without my phone for work...!

reposting in new thread

Last edited:

rajeshvarma999

Jan 22, 2013
samsung infuse 4g rogers version stucked on samsung logo(rooted)

my samsung infuse 4g rogers version rooted with odin and with cynogen mod os running phone got strucked when changing the os to Infuse_4G_Remics-UX_v1.3.1.zip .it's showing only samsung logo and not booting to recovery screen when trying to get recovery ......anyone please help me regarding this problem.....it will be great help to me and most loving phone......rajeshvarma999@gmail.com.

rajeshvarma999

Jan 22, 2013
samsung infuse 4g (I997R) rogers version got stuck samsung logo

my samsung infuse 4g (I997R) got stuck samsung logo since 4 days...my phone was rooted by use of odin later i changed my os from 2.3.3 to cynogen os.later my baboon brain provoked me to change to Infuse_4G_Remics-UX_v1.3.1.zip .i was my mistake -my phone got stuck with samsung logo and not booting its my favorite phone ever i had...please let me know anyone how to solve the problem in this regard......it will be big big help to me....and i will thankful to them,,,,,,,,,,,,,my email id

rajeshvarma999@gmail.com

andros11

May 8, 2012
my samsung infuse 4g rogers version rooted with odin and with cynogen mod os running phone got strucked when changing the os to Infuse_4G_Remics-UX_v1.3.1.zip .it's showing only samsung logo and not booting to recovery screen when trying to get recovery ......anyone please help me regarding this problem.....it will be great help to me and most loving phone......rajeshvarma999@gmail.com.

Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1326143

The few last posts have mirrors. You are gonna need the odin pack to flash back to stock and then work your way up.

You need to flash ICS before flashing JB.

Reactions: xxxSuperserieSxxx

boydee

Oct 14, 2012
Kampala
Infuse 4G wont boot - no root, CWM, Passcode locked :(

Hi guys
I dont know where to start from. This Infuse 4G was dropped by the owner and we happened to come across it.
Checked the SIM card but that was already deactivated and there were no contacts on it.
Then we wanted to check the phonebook and find someone to contact, but the phone was passcode locked.
Then i went and flashed Odin_Community_Kernel_v8.zip since it was on GB, but it doesnt seem to be booting. I was planning on adb-ing into it when it was in recovery (CWM) so that i could delete the passcode and find a way to get in touch with the owner.

Now am stuck at the Samsung logo...:crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tadaa!

your kindness and perseverance is reassuring...

someone else less honest or mischievous can certainly do a lot of harm...

maybe take it to an ATT or mobile provider and have the technicians help you

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Sooo... for some reason, i had suspected it was on UJLB3 [or something like that :D] and that's why i had flashed the Odin kernel [btw, it was the only one i could find, the rest are CWM flashables only]
    Anyways, i booted to CWM and flashed Entropy's Daily Driver, then did my adb and copied the guy's whole internal storage to my PC.
    After going through it, I found some documents, and found the dude on facebook, so I sent him a message!!! He should be picking it up today!
    Thanks for the support!
    Amen to that!:eek:
    :D:D:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::D:D
    :good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1326143

The few last posts have mirrors. You are gonna need the odin pack to flash back to stock and then work your way up.

You need to flash ICS before flashing JB.
    Hi guys
    I dont know where to start from. This Infuse 4G was dropped by the owner and we happened to come across it.
    Checked the SIM card but that was already deactivated and there were no contacts on it.
    Then we wanted to check the phonebook and find someone to contact, but the phone was passcode locked.
    Then i went and flashed Odin_Community_Kernel_v8.zip since it was on GB, but it doesnt seem to be booting. I was planning on adb-ing into it when it was in recovery (CWM) so that i could delete the passcode and find a way to get in touch with the owner.

Now am stuck at the Samsung logo...:crying:

your kindness and perseverance is reassuring...

someone else less honest or mischievous can certainly do a lot of harm...

maybe take it to an ATT or mobile provider and have the technicians help you