SW2 and Nexus 5 + KitKat 4.4 compatibility

Search This thread

pep0te

Nov 4, 2008
Hi guys,

I would like to know if Sony Smartwatch 2 is totally compatible with the Nexus 5 before buy it! I don't know if someone here are in the same situation.

Searching in the forum, I've seen an opinion with succesfull results but I prefer to read more than one :) . Also I read a Bluetooth problem (it drops and reconnects every few minutes).

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

future98

Apr 2, 2008
Malaga
I checked all kind of notification (Facebook, mail, twitter, calls...) before installing augmented SmartWatch pro and all worked correctly. But I only use augmented for all notifications now.

Enviado desde mi GT-N5110 usando Tapatalk 4

pep0te

Nov 4, 2008
I checked all kind of notification (Facebook, mail, twitter, calls...) before installing augmented SmartWatch pro and all worked correctly. But I only use augmented for all notifications now.

Enviado desde mi GT-N5110 usando Tapatalk 4

Great! Thanks a lot. Will take it soon :good: :)

vogli

Jul 18, 2012
I use the Nexus 5 with the SW2 and Watch it. It works perfect a well.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

AriMK

Nov 7, 2013
Working ok for me except for the Music player... (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2516313 )
Tryed with augmented watch, can't skip songs on Google Music too with Augmented Watch...

FANdroid

Jun 10, 2009
Vancouver
Seems to be working okay. The Sony authored Messaging Smart Extension still shows SMS even though they are now displayed inside Hangouts.

I'm using WatchIt! now to capture all other notifications and pushing them to the device. Seems to work great so far.

AriMK

Nov 7, 2013
see user guide for SW2 and augmented augmentedtraffic.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/user-guide-for-augmented-smartwatch-pro-for-the-sony-sw2-finally-ready/
for google music open preferred music apps to "register" then you should be able to skip.

I will try again, but I really think there is an issue with KitKat (or nexus 5) and a lot of functionnalities, as I saw the currently playing song, but skip button were not working.

Pyrotechnic

Nov 16, 2008
Warwick
garageawesome.com
Having trouble getting my SW2 to connect to my N5. Worked/works fine with my N4. Tried the NFC method first, and I get a toast saying 'Smartwact 2 Connected' but then nothing happens. Tried connecting manually and it doesn't show up at a bluetooth device (other devices do show up).

WearTheFoxHat

Dec 11, 2007
Scrobbesbyrig
Having trouble getting my SW2 to connect to my N5. Worked/works fine with my N4. Tried the NFC method first, and I get a toast saying 'Smartwact 2 Connected' but then nothing happens. Tried connecting manually and it doesn't show up at a bluetooth device (other devices do show up).

Sorry for late reply. I think on the Nexus 5, I doesn't show up as connected, as it's using Bluetooth Low Power mode. Fitbit devices do the same. Look on your watch and it should have changed the bluetooth logo to bright white, from grey.

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
For those looking for decent music control on KitKat, try this redditors extension, works GREAT for me. But, you can also use remote widget (read more here) and use the Play Store widget or PowerAmp widget or whatever you want.

necris

Oct 22, 2007
If you want a music app for SW2 and you have a KitKat, then try SmartMote ;)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.zalsky.android.watchremotecontrol

Pyrotechnic

Nov 16, 2008
Warwick
garageawesome.com
Sorry for late reply. I think on the Nexus 5, I doesn't show up as connected, as it's using Bluetooth Low Power mode. Fitbit devices do the same. Look on your watch and it should have changed the bluetooth logo to bright white, from grey.

Nope, was still disconnected, thanks though.

Sorted now, needed to un-install and re-install the Sony Connect app from the phone.