Best Brand for screen protectors?

Search This thread

LiqudDeth

Jul 18, 2010

I used a Zagg shield on my iPhone 2g and subsequent iPhone 3g for many years without issue. In fact, I really enjoyed it as it was very easy to clean, did not require constant cleaning, and allowed me to set my phone down on its face without worry.

Is there a particular reason or set of reasons for the negativity toward Zagg?

WeAreVenom

Jan 1, 2008
Texas
boxwave.com[/url]

I've had their antiglare protectors on all my phones, great for capacitive touch. I'll probably NOT go antiglare on the Captivate because you do loose some picture quality with the antiglare. $13ish for a single one, $25 or so for a 3 pack. That site also has a lot of other nice cheap accessories, like cables/chargers etc. I have on of their cases on my ipod though and don't care for it. Just don't like neoprene style cases.

I rocked a Boxwave on my Tilt for a little over 3 years and NEVER had an issue. Damn good screen protector.

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
zagg, while offering good protection is not finger friendly and somewhat distorts image quality compared to other alternatives.

warri

Jan 9, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
zagg, while offering good protection is not finger friendly and somewhat distorts image quality compared to other alternatives.

I am using the Invisible Shield on my fuze, and have been for a couple of years. The only issues i had were due to poor installation which called dirt to get under the shield. After replacement orders (which are free cause zagg has lifetime warrenty) and a much much better installation, I have had no issues what so ever.. and my fuze has a Resistive touch screen, so if there were any touch screen issues they would be present.

When i get my Captivate I'm Debating if I am going to just get a screen protector, and leave the back nude. The Plastic doesn't Seem like it will scratch that badly, and the battery cover is textured which should protect it enough from loose change in the pockets.

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
You should get the slick rubber case they sell in store. Its minimalistic design doesn't add bulk to the phone but protects it from scratches and will absorb some shock if you drop it.

Have you used any other screen protector than that one? I used to think it was good too until I tried some other options.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using XDA app

TexUs

Jul 1, 2010
I am using the Invisible Shield on my fuze, and have been for a couple of years. The only issues i had were due to poor installation which called dirt to get under the shield. After replacement orders (which are free cause zagg has lifetime warrenty) and a much much better installation, I have had no issues what so ever.. and my fuze has a Resistive touch screen, so if there were any touch screen issues they would be present.

When i get my Captivate I'm Debating if I am going to just get a screen protector, and leave the back nude. The Plastic doesn't Seem like it will scratch that badly, and the battery cover is textured which should protect it enough from loose change in the pockets.

That might work for scratches but it'll be damaged if it bites the asphalt...

warri

Jan 9, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
That might work for scratches but it'll be damaged if it bites the asphalt...

I'm really good about dropping my phones, in fact i think i've only dropped my fuze twice, once on carpet and once on a blacktop, though it seemed pretty unharmed...however, the fuze is a tank, and im sure the captivate wont like pavement.

What other screen protectors do you recommend i try, Bodyguardz? GhostArmor? I mean from what i understand they are practically the same thing as the Invisible Shield.

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
I'm really good about dropping my phones, in fact i think i've only dropped my fuze twice, once on carpet and once on a blacktop, though it seemed pretty unharmed...however, the fuze is a tank, and im sure the captivate wont like pavement.

What other screen protectors do you recommend i try, Bodyguardz? GhostArmor? I mean from what i understand they are practically the same thing as the Invisible Shield.
some of the ones posted at the begining of this thread. you want a screen protector that feels like glass once applied not rubber. :p.

@dirtyrasa: at that price, why not buy it lol. Never heard of them but i know ive gotten more than 6 mo normally out of screen protectors. you should order one, test it out, and let us know how it goes :). If it doesnt work out you can always buy one from a popular brand 6 mo down the road.

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
good to know. and if some of you are wondering why you would ever order, they provide excellent protection for the device if you are not into buying cases. Use the strips they provide for the body of the phone and ignore the screen protector they send you. purchase a standalone screen protector from somewhere else.

LGSilva

May 7, 2007
Just ordered the Zagg... I had it on my G1 and it worked just fine. I was waiting for BestSkinsEver to get them but so far nothing so I went ahead and got the Zagg with 20% off (code: ZAGG20).

draine

Dec 11, 2006
I hated the texture of the Zagg. It also distorted the screen. I will never buy another, but it did protect my phone very well.

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
Yeah I personally wouldn't buy from Zagg again. Crappy feel with its horrendous orange peel texture, crazy thickness, and changes to a brown,yellow color quickly. I have clean hands, too :p

Still waiting on gadgetshieldz, boxwave, or bestskinsever to get one set up.

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
I hated the texture of the Zagg. It also distorted the screen. I will never buy another, but it did protect my phone very well.

Yeah I personally wouldn't buy from Zagg again. Crappy feel with its horrendous orange peel texture, crazy thickness, and changes to a brown,yellow color quickly. I have clean hands, too :p

Still waiting on gadgetshieldz, boxwave, or bestskinsever to get one set up.

And then people moan at me when I try to dissuade potential buyers.

ponack

Jun 20, 2008
Jackson, MI
www.ponack.net
Anyone know if any brick and mortar retailers carry screen protectors for the Captivate yet? I'd like to get one and have it today instead of wait for it to get to me from an online store.