best thunderbolt rom?

Search This thread
S

Sue7811

After three days of jumping around, I finally settled on bamf Stripped. I think I'm in love. It's fast and since I am not a fan of Sense, it was perfect for me.

I had CM7 on my last droid and loved it, but for whatever reason it didn't click with me on the Tbolt.

Rearless

Sep 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
If you are a beginner, any of the BAMF ROMS are stable well done and relatively easy to install.

That said, today's release of CyanogenMod by Slayher seems to have the 3G/4G/WiFi issues resolved. It is AOSP so there is no HTC Sense or Verizon backup apps, so if you like those, avoid Cyanogen.

musicfreak190

Feb 14, 2011
i never had a bamf rom work well for me...gingertheory works great or the new synergy rom is pretty insane

tflogic

Apr 24, 2011
As of right now... CM7. The latest release fixed 4G connection issues and coupled along with the Mr 2.5 radio, GPS is an instant lock.

That being said, before I made the jump, I was running BAMF Stripped and was pleased with it.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA Premium App

EVO'D_OUT

Jun 22, 2010
Q1>> will verizon backup assistance works with these ROMs?? that where I have my numbers stored, not in Google.

Q2>> can you swap back and forth between ROMs easily without having to set your phone up from scratch everytime?

Q3>> can you switch between GB roms and froyo ROMs wothout having to wipe? confused

tflogic

Apr 24, 2011
Q1>> will verizon backup assistance works with these ROMs?? that where I have my numbers stored, not in Google.

Q2>> can you swap back and forth between ROMs easily without having to set your phone up from scratch everytime?

Q3>> can you switch between GB roms and froyo ROMs wothout having to wipe? confused

1) Verizon backup wont work with these ROMs. Google does it better anyways.
2) Titanium Backup will allow you save app data from phone. Not usually recommended for restoring system data across ROMs though.
3) You will have to wipe along with flashing the corresponding radios.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA Premium App

EVO'D_OUT

Jun 22, 2010
thanks tflogic!

I think I'm ready to take the rooting/ROM'd plunge...hope to god I dont screw anything up

franchyze

Apr 4, 2011
Its pretty easy. I rooted mine yesterday after finally manning up and takinfthr plunge.
So far I only flashed hand 1.8 remix and I'm loving it! I may jump to cm7 since the 4g fix just dropped

but the bamf remix is pretty stable imo no problems yet

khanam

Jul 26, 2010
Miami
The best rom for the bolt currently is the 1.70 rom being currently tested by vzw. All gb roms are based on an extremely unstable test build (2.01) and while the devs here have cleaned them up a lot, they remain very quirky. If you want stability in your rom, stick to froyo. I would suggest roms built with the new ril, like those based on the 1.66 to 1.69 roms till a stable gb rom is leaked that people can stay developing off. Until then that is your best bet. The sense 3.0 are great eye candy but are battery hogs.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RockyCJC

Jun 15, 2011
Richmond, VA
BAMF is the only ROM I have used since rooting. The best I've worked with: Bamf 1.6 FROYO, Bamf 2.0 beta 5 GB Sense 2.1, Bamf 3.0 RC4 GB Sense 3. I am currently running on Bamf 3. I would stay away from Bamf 2.1 as it was buggy for me. I liked the beta 5 version better as it ran like butter on my phone. For the GB roms you are going to need the MR2 radio, which can probably be found in a thread somewhere if you just do a google search.

cj2566

Apr 13, 2010
Scottsbluff
CM7

I was a HUGE CM7 fan until I moved from the Evo family (OG, Shift, 3D).
After flashing like mad from day one of TB root, I'm running Synergy Nightlys and I'm pretty satisfied.
I may however go right back to CM once they get into nightlys. (I miss CM Settings)

Hi, My name is Chris and I'm a flash-a-holic....

megalloy

May 4, 2011
I personally like Synergy... I have no issues with the bluetooth connection to my new Sony XAV-62BT since flashing (did before). Connects perfectly every time! I had to do a lot of research to find some of this, so I'm going to post here in case someone needs the same help...but the trick is to let the phone find the stereo first and then enter the pin on the phone when prompted (0000). Next, the stereo will ask you for a passcode. Despite the common sense, passcode=pin. I made the mistake of trying to enter 1234567890, like a moron. So entering 0000 for the passcode did the trick. I am able to stream Amazon Cloud, Pandora and take phone calls. Love this ROM!

xCHPx

Oct 6, 2010
One of the BAMF 1.8.6's on the MR2 radios. Amazing battery life and stability.

00negative

Aug 9, 2010
Synergy - GB sense
Eaton - Froyo sense
Thunderbread - AOSP

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using XDA App

rickyray9

Oct 29, 2009
Reno, NV
I have been using The Perfect Storm 1.5 (Froyo) for a month now without straying. It's very solid. I tried a few GB roms before The Perfect Storm, but they were too buggy at that point, so I figured I'll just wait it out on Froyo until the official release of GB gets released and modded

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
just rooted yesterday, tried bamf and had problems, this was during their transition, couldn't get any feedback so jumped over to gingertheory 5.0. Considering all the talk about gb roms not being stable, this thing has been very solid so far. Only 1 error message on initial boot (being fixed) and no force closes or freezes. Only complaint is BT dropping out some, but that happened on stock as well...

Top Liked Posts