CWM for Galaxy Player 5.0 US (YP-G70XAA)

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Yeah, still need a few more days of testing... Damn good thing I didn't release what I had yesterday... I def. don't trust it yet.

I need to figure out what the proper method is for publishing a device repo to github... (e.g. android_device_samsung_blahblah... The way Android repo management works is a little unusual.)

apapousek

Jul 18, 2011
Yeah, still need a few more days of testing... Damn good thing I didn't release what I had yesterday... I def. don't trust it yet.

I need to figure out what the proper method is for publishing a device repo to github... (e.g. android_device_samsung_blahblah... The way Android repo management works is a little unusual.)

Well once you have recovery figured out, I have an Odin flash for the YP-G70, stock & root, and I'll edit it so we have a master backup image to flash.

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Hey since this is a U.S. 5.0 Do you suppose it might work on U.S. 4.0 if not i can try to help by providing some of the files needed..

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I'm fairly certain the recovery.fstab will be different, and to be honest:

Even with that, I am VERY hesistant to blind-develop CWM for the 4.0. International 5.0 may be OK (esp. if rumirand does some testing work), 4.0 has enough differences to get nasty, but I can give someone pointers for integration.

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
I'm fairly certain the recovery.fstab will be different, and to be honest:

Even with that, I am VERY hesistant to blind-develop CWM for the 4.0. International 5.0 may be OK (esp. if rumirand does some testing work), 4.0 has enough differences to get nasty, but I can give someone pointers for integration.

Well CWM already exists for the 4.0. It's in the SteVeS's kernel (for both versions.)

BNAS

May 24, 2006
Any update on CWM for the U.S. 5.0? Tried to install it via ROM manager... BAD idea.

NullUser

Mar 13, 2012
Hello all,

I'm working on porting CWM to our beloved Galaxy Player 5.0 US edition. I'm loosely following the guide here. I cannot promise that I'll be able to port it successfully, but I can promise that I'll brick my device at least once.

tl;dr : This post says some guy is working on CWM. Woot!

-apapousek

Do you still have that cwm?
Any links to this one or updated ones? I'm looking for tar/md5 version of cwm for YP-G70-US, so I can flash with Odin, I tried this, but Odin says "galaxy_player_2.3.6.tar.md5 is invalid".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figured out the formatting problems - a few services running from /system were preventing it from unmounting properly.

I did a successful Nandroid restore - things are close now. I may just need to tweak recovery.fstab a bit more to have RFS format/restore/backup fully working.

Voodoo Lagfix - whole other story...