[ROM][WIP] Unofficial CM9 Port - Alpha 5

What would you prefer to be the way to use the menu button?

• Total voters
Search This thread

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Agh I have an AOKP ROM in the works too haha. I won't have much time tomorrow though so you will probably get yours out before mine haha :)

zguy30

Apr 9, 2010
Man I have been waiting for CM9 or full ASOP for my one X thanks! Will load when I see wifi is working!

zguy

aqtrans

Oct 7, 2007
Anyone know if LTE works at this time?
Regardless, awesome work so far! Thanks to everyone involved :D
Can't believe so much is working so early, with a stock kernel and no kernel source yet.

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Can't wait until this is good enough for a daily driver! Will test it out for now. Thanks so much!

jmattp

Apr 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
PLEASE please, please don't make the button remap default. Please make it an add-on if possible. I will pay you money to NOT make it default.

Reactions: Smib

jmattp

Apr 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Or maybe an "undo" option? If the remap mod becomes the standard and I have to manually undo it every time I flash a ROM, I'm returning my phone. I still have another 2-3 weeks. It bothers me that much. I can't be the only person who likes using the recent apps button and on-screen menu icons (when available).

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
Or maybe an "undo" option? If the remap mod becomes the standard and I have to manually undo it every time I flash a ROM, I'm returning my phone. I still have another 2-3 weeks. It bothers me that much. I can't be the only person who likes using the recent apps button and on-screen menu icons (when available).

You are indeed the only person....

Reactions: buddy17

SN4K3B1T3

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver

Pretty sure your the only one, the on screen menu is ugly and takes up too much screen real estate

sent from my Hawks(HOX)

Reactions: buddy17

androidoholic

Sep 17, 2011
Simi Valley, CA

You're not the only one. On another note...when I make a call I can hear fine but no one hears me....is that just me or is anyone else getting that problem?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Starting with Alpha 3 this rom is mostly stable and can be used as a daily driver for most people.

WARNING
    Flash at your own risk. If you flash this, I cannot help you if anything goes wrong.

What works:
    Touchscreen
    Calling - totally fixed now thanks to h8rift
    Mobile Data
    SMS + MMS
    Sound
    Multitasking is greatly improved
    Mounting internal storage
    Mount phone as USB storage for computer
    Camera
    WiFi
    App switch button remapped as menu
    Rotation
    Proximity sensor

What doesn't work:
    NFC
    Camcorder
    Panorama mode in Camera app
    2G/3G switch

Developers:
    Device tree available on Github here: https://github.com/vmagro/android_device_htc_evita
    To clone the source use this as your repo url (it will download my device tree and all of the other repos that are changed from stock CM9) git://github.com/vmagro/android.git

Download and installation notes in 2nd post, screenshots in 3rd post.

Thanks to:
    xkonni and intervigil
    h8rift
    designgears
    Installation instructions: (updated)
    Download ALpha 4 and ICS gapps
    Reboot into recovery
    Nandroid Backup (optional, but good if you want to be able to go back to your exact previous setup if you are unsatisfied)
    Wipe/Factory Reset
    Install Alpha 4 + Gapps
    Power on phone, might as well setup your accounts and such while you're here
    Reboot into recovery
    DO NOT WIPE
    Install latest build from h8rift
    Enjoy latest build/fixes with working data

IMPORTANT
    As of Alpha 4, the app switch key is returned to the app switcher function. The menu button is now implemented in the space to the right of the app switch button. Obviously the new menu button isn't visible, but a menu press will be triggered when you touch the area to the right of the app switcher button. See below if you don't want this new feature.

Download Links

h8rift builds
    http://code.google.com/p/cm9-msm8960/downloads/list

Alpha 4
    alpha4.zip

Alpha 5
    alpha5.zip 144.94 MB

Google Apps
    http://goo.im/gapps
    and choose the package for CM 9.0.x

This is for all those who were unhappy with the new menu button implementation:

Flash this zip to revert to the old app-switcher as menu button mapping (to make supporting 2 maps easier for me, the invisible button will function as app-switcher)

Old mapping 218.37 KB

Flash this zip to go back to the new mapping.

New mapping 218.37 KB
    Hey guys. Jellybean is coming along :). More to come soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Screenshots

device-2012-06-02-163934.jpg
    device-2012-06-02-163950.jpg
    attachment.php
    device-2012-06-02-164156.jpg
    attachment.php

Changelog

Alpha 5

Fixed:
    Camcorder (sort of, sometimes gives bad output)
    USB transfer speeds
    WiFi tethering (according to h8rift, I haven't actually tried it

Still broken:
    NFC
    Panorama
    Dual core

Alpha 4
    Fixed:
    Calling completely fixed thanks to h8rift
    Music audio also fixed thanks to h8rift
    Video camera preview works, system reboots if you try to record
    xhdpi resolution is added
    WiFi works on WEP now
    App switch button is now app switcher again. (see above for details)

Still broken:
    NFC
    Camcorder
    Panorama

Alpha 3
    Fixed:
    Front facing camera
    Calling

Still broken:
    Camcorder
    NFC
    Panorama mode

Alpha 2

Fixed:
    Camera
    WiFi
    Rotation
    Proximity Sensor
    720p boot animation

Still broken:
    In call mic without speaker on
    I'm sure there is other things that I didn't notice

Alpha 1 - first build
    Status Update

Quick update on the status of this ROM, I have some summer reading due tomorrow that I've barely started so it will be short.

I haven't been able to work on CM9 for a while because I've been too busy. My cousins were in town for 2 weeks then I went to I/O.

I probably won't be updating this ROM until kernel source is finally released or Jelly Bean is open sourced and we can fix some more bugs.
    intervigil is working on getting our repos merged into the official CM repos, so this will eventually be an officially supported device.
    Once Jelly Bean is pushed to AOSP I will be hard at work to port that to our wonderful phones, until then I am using my new Galaxy Nexus as my primary phone just because the software is so great.