Alcatel One Touch Idol 6030

Search This thread

theshrink89

Mar 15, 2013
Ниш
Maybe there still are no updates for your country, the updates fixed that problem on my phone...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030X using xda premium

theshrink89

Mar 15, 2013
Ниш
It would but the problem is the lack of sources... MediaTek is not giving the full sources...

dvd777

Jul 14, 2011
which version is your last update on 6030X? mine is 01007F. croatian telecom T-Mobile.
Guess this is it. no more upgrades nor newer android versions. dead end smartphone.

milentije89

Jan 10, 2013
is this phone dead.funny but true.wanna see some devs

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using xda app-developers app

Reactions: zebreu

dvd777

Jul 14, 2011
Any news for Android 4.2.2 for this device? Or maybe working custom ROM?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z C6303 using Tapatalk 4 Pro

PsicoPete

Aug 21, 2008
Amadora
Hi guys,

Since there are no more updates on Alcatel side for this phone I wonder if it could be possible to mod an Idol Mini ROM (which is already 4.2) to fit this phone. They share the same chipset and basic features so this shouldn't be so hard, should it?!

dvd777

Jul 14, 2011
Since Alcatel 6030 models will not see any update or modded ROM, l decided to kill my 6030X. Display cracked and l throw it out of my window and made someone happy who will replace the screen. I rather use Jiayu G4C than that Alcatel forgotten son.

Sent from my JY-G4C using Tapatalk

yawa20

Jun 2, 2009
Since Alcatel 6030 models will not see any update or modded ROM, l decided to kill my 6030X. Display cracked and l throw it out of my window and made someone happy who will replace the screen. I rather use Jiayu G4C than that Alcatel forgotten son.

Hello,
I received an official update to 4.2.2 last month. Your decision was a little bit to quick :p

mixxx5

Nov 20, 2012
Would you show us how it looks like on 4.2.2 officially updated.

Few screenshots!*?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030X

dvd777

Jul 14, 2011

Hello,
I received an official update to 4.2.2 last month. Your decision was a little bit to quick :p

I have 150USD chinese piece of crap called Jiayu G4C. It is twice as better than Alcatel 6030X. It has 4.2.2 for 2 months now ;) quadcore cpu and 1GB ram and better camera. Already forgot Alcatel :D

Sent from my JY-G4C using Tapatalk

andreffonseca

Sep 29, 2008
Hi ppl,

Is there any custom rom with the latest android version for this phone?
I read all the topic and for what i can see there where no custom rom :( ... is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Notice: Improvements to 10 Post Rule
A New Q & A thread , for This Topic has been created in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Sub-Forum.
New Discussion and Q & A Tabs have also been created, located just under threads Title when viewing in a Browser.
Posts from members with less than 10 posts will automatically be posted in the new Q & A thread.
Please check it out, and see if you can help out someone with a question about this Topic.
For more about this new feature see: Improvements to 10 Post Rule

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I opened this thread for all users of this phone and for the developers who have the experience with ROM creation and ROM porting so that we can get the maximum from this phone. This is the single-sim, 1gb RAM version of the phone with a MicroSD slot.

9613_One_Touch_Idol.jpg

Chipset MTK 6577+
    CPU Dual-core 1 GHz
    1 Gb Ram
    Android 4.1.1
    Kernel - 3.4.0
    IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    540 x 960 pixels, 4.66 inches
    8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash

Full specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_one_touch_idol-5230.php
    Is there any way that you can do this? And i have seen that the chipset can be a problem because this is a Mediatek chipset... as far as i understood, CyanogenMod can not be built for this chipset... Although i prefer AOKP :) but i dont know can even AOKP be made or maybe ported to this chipset...

Very good phone... :)

Is there any way to port some rom, I'm asking because of /custpack dir which have this phone? I do not know for other Alcatel phones, but hierarchy of files is strange on this model, with that /custpack, all vital files are there, for example build.prop is there, in /system/ is just link to that file... That's only one example...
    There is some, but people say that it is not complete... Here's the link

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/OT_6030X_20130507.tar.xz/download

bootloader status?