How to Get Early NoDo on your Surround TUT...updated

Search This thread

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
Your device needs to be dev-unlocked for this to work. Use the first two steps below to unlock. If you have already unlocked, skip to step 3.
  1. First, download the WP SDK developer tools from here. You'll need them to be able to sideload and install the necessary XAP files.
  2. You will need to developer unlock your device using the instructions here. It was tricky for me, as it took the better part of an hour as well as a hard reset to get the Chevron unlocker to communicate with the phone.
  3. Download the attached .zip file below, and deploy the TouchXplorer, HTC Connection Setupfiles and ChevronWP7.Ringtones.xap from this package onto your device. I have inserted the proper .xap to change the carrier setting in the registry.
  4. Run the ChevronWP7.Ringtones.xap and wait till it displays “Ringtones added… and CustClear.provxml underneath”
  5. Run the TouchXplorer app, navigate to My Documents/My Ringtones click on CustClear.provxml and select Copy from the Application Bar.
  6. Navigate back inside TouchXplorer to the Windows folder.
  7. Select paste from the Application Bar, this should scroll right to the bottom and put a copy of CustClear.provxml in the Windows folder.
  8. Now run the Connection Setup application and click on the Ok button (it’s the one with the tick).
  9. Follow the directions here, but after disabling the the data connection on your device, wait 5 seconds and then hang up the VPN connection. The update will almost immediately appear. (Suggestion came from CR1M1N4L. Thanks!) YOU MAY ONLY GET THE PRE-NODO UPDATE AT THIS POINT. If so, you'll need to repeat step 9 after you've updated to get NoDo.
  10. Run the update from Zune and enjoy your NoDo Surround.

Attachments

• Programs.zip
    591 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

dtraser

Jun 25, 2010
Worked!

This worked great! Thanks for the info.

I also discovered after following this tut that you can quite easily get your own ring tones following these steps. Apologies if someone has already posted this.

1. Select a sound file (MP3 and WMA seem to both work) and email it to yourself.
2. When you receive the email on your phone, tap the attachment to download it completely.
3. Tap the sound file to open it.
4. Tap the Home button.
5. Open TouchXplorer and navigate to Volitile\EmailAttachments
6. There will be sub folders depending on how many attachments you have recently opened but serch through them until you find your sound file.
7. Tap the sound file once to highlight it then select Copy.
8. Navigate to My Documents\My Ringtones and paste the sound file there.
9. You should now be able to select your sound file as a ring tone.

:)

macjr82

Jun 8, 2010
Worked for me. At least I hope so. It's currently at 58% on step 7 :eek:

Edit: It's complete and it works, but it seems it's relocked my phone. Not a big deal for me since I only unlocked it to do the update. Still, I haven't been able to unlock it. Just a warning for those with side loaded apps. It made me uninstall touch explorer. Funny thing, I haven't had a desire to unlock this phone in general until the nodo update, though unlocking and flashing was the thing I loved about winmo, which i used from the HTC 8125 through the Tilt/Kaiser.

Last edited:

Nikoloz17

Nov 27, 2010
Tbilisi
it worked for me too.

but i used different solution.

Solution 2: Using a VPN dialup connection, here, after i connected to the VPN i disconnected my internet and continued, i instantly received my update even without turning cellural connection off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your device needs to be dev-unlocked for this to work. Use the first two steps below to unlock. If you have already unlocked, skip to step 3.
    1. First, download the WP SDK developer tools from here. You'll need them to be able to sideload and install the necessary XAP files.
    2. You will need to developer unlock your device using the instructions here. It was tricky for me, as it took the better part of an hour as well as a hard reset to get the Chevron unlocker to communicate with the phone.
    3. Download the attached .zip file below, and deploy the TouchXplorer, HTC Connection Setupfiles and ChevronWP7.Ringtones.xap from this package onto your device. I have inserted the proper .xap to change the carrier setting in the registry.
    4. Run the ChevronWP7.Ringtones.xap and wait till it displays “Ringtones added… and CustClear.provxml underneath”
    5. Run the TouchXplorer app, navigate to My Documents/My Ringtones click on CustClear.provxml and select Copy from the Application Bar.
    6. Navigate back inside TouchXplorer to the Windows folder.
    7. Select paste from the Application Bar, this should scroll right to the bottom and put a copy of CustClear.provxml in the Windows folder.
    8. Now run the Connection Setup application and click on the Ok button (it’s the one with the tick).
    9. Follow the directions here, but after disabling the the data connection on your device, wait 5 seconds and then hang up the VPN connection. The update will almost immediately appear. (Suggestion came from CR1M1N4L. Thanks!) YOU MAY ONLY GET THE PRE-NODO UPDATE AT THIS POINT. If so, you'll need to repeat step 9 after you've updated to get NoDo.
    10. Run the update from Zune and enjoy your NoDo Surround.