[Q] Battery stuck at 100% | 1 hour no charger still 100% | cannot charge battery now

Search This thread

dmk0

Jun 28, 2011
The Problem
As the title mentioned in the title my Battery is stuck at 100%, I've left it for an hour without the charger and it's still stuck at 100%. I plug the charger back in and the phone thinks it's fully charged so it doesn't charge.

I've turned my phone off and am awaiting instructions on a fix because if my battery goes flat I won't be able to charge it and my phone will be useless.

When it happened
I don't know when it happened exactly but I was getting S-OFF using the JUOPUNUTBEAR method as I had a H-BOOT of 1.27.0000 which revolutionary.io couldn't S-OFF.

Once I got S-OFF I installed LeeDroid ROM and then I noticed my battery was stuck at 100%.

What I've tried
Using a different battery (I have OEM and Anker)
Changing ROM to Android Revolution HD

Extra Information
While changing Roms I installed 4EXT Touch Recovery which in Recovery mode it has it's own Battery Meter, they also said the battery was full (though I didn't unplug it for long)

I have the same 100% stuck problem with Android Revolution HD, I'm starting to get worried and yes I have waited an hour without the charger connected and still have this problem.

Last edited:

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
Does it do this with all Rom? Have you tried to calibrate, possiably app might allow you to change the configuration? I'm just guessing here, hopefully you will find a fix. I've never heard of this before, this is a new one. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can help! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

Akatosh

Jan 14, 2012
UK
I experienced this issue but its only with some roms. I left my phone on overnight not charging (8pm-11am) when I last use the phone and it still said 100%.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
try wiping battery stats first

use battery monitor widget or battery calibration app or from recovery(4EXT ->wipe|format->wipe battery stats )

then if it still didnt fix the issue
try another ROM or reflash the same rom...but before doing that ...
i want you to wipe everything using inbuilt 4EXT wipe feature not superwipe
(4EXT-> wipe|format ->format all partitions except sdcard)
then flash the rom

if its still fix the issue

flash an RUU (this will cleanup everything)

Reactions: dmk0

dmk0

Jun 28, 2011

use battery monitor widget or battery calibration app or from recovery(4EXT ->wipe|format->wipe battery stats )

then flash the rom

I wiped battery stats from 4EXT recovery which hasn't fixed this issue.
I will re-flash Android Revolution using your instructions tomorrow.

If my battery goes flat during an ROM install what's the worst that could happen, could I completely brick my phone or could I still access recovery to restore my ROM Backup, or re-install ARHD ROM from 4EXT.

If all that fails what would be a good RUU to flash? would I then have to make my phone S-OFF again?

Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

Akatosh

Jan 14, 2012
UK
I will re-flash Android Revolution using your instructions tomorrow.

If my battery goes flat during an ROM install what's the worst that could happen, could I completely brick my phone or could I still access recovery to restore my ROM Backup, or re-install ARHD ROM from 4EXT.

If all that fails what would be a good RUU to flash? would I then have to make my phone S-OFF again?

Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

If the battery runs out just leave it to charge for a while. You'll still be able to get into recovery so it doesn't really matter I think

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

dmk0

Jun 28, 2011

Before I seen your post I wiped batterystats.bin with the BatteryCalibration App from the android market and didn't do anything. As I explain below I got it to work with 4EXT recovery wiping battery stats, but I thought the Battery Calibration app did the same thing. In that case I think taking the battery out and in for a second time may have worked.

Actually I waited a little longer and my phone went down to 98%. I left it on overnight and now it's 63%. It looks like it's working again.

But with further checking I noticed a couple of other weird things.
htze6v.jpg
2zylvlh.jpg

If you look at my pictures above, here it says "Status: not charging (0mins)" & "Status: not charging (19mins)".

When I took them screenshots I hadn't had my phone on charge for over 10 hours. Oddly for very small intervals it's charging itself. At one stage I think I check it it was 75% then I checked again and it was 76%.

Something else that looks a bit odd is my phone temperature, in my screenshots you can see it says it's "11.9" & "11.6" degrees. It's over 14 degrees here in Australia how could my phone be colder than the temperature outside. I remember my phone used to be "26" degrees often. "11.6" dosen't seem right.

Do these two issues seem familiar to anyone. I know there not big problems but it would be nice to have them corrected.

EDIT: I decided to do a Backup in 4EXT and my phone was saying 55% battery and in 4EXT my phone says it was 62% why the difference? Could this be a problem? which one would you think is the correct one.
EDIT2: It did go down to 55% pretty quick while doing the backup, prehaps it needed time to work out battery life.
EDIT3: Now m phone battery says it's 72%, then it quickly went down to 69%. It never used to do this before I rooted. Could this case any problems, like the battery to go too flat to the point it's unrecoverable.

Sorry for all the edits and questions, I just like to understand my phone and be sure I don't break anything :)

Last edited:

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Battery percentage fluctuations are common when you just change a rom.. Even after reboot if the battery percentage goes up then within few minutes the percentage goes to its actual.. The battery requires some time to settle so when you change the rom or kernel these fluctuations do happen(remember these fluctions are in numbers only the battery charge doesn't increase Actually)

Once you use a same rom for like a week or so.. The battery stats sync up with your usage.. So no worries :D

Also regarding the temperature it seems like the battery you have doesn't have temperature sensors (anker doesn't have sensors too so always temperature is 11C for me)

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves

Reactions: dmk0

Klimto

Mar 9, 2010
Why would you even complain when you have such great battery life? That's pretty strange

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

SamyJay

Feb 12, 2012
Paranaque
I think I have a similar problem with yours. The issue with my sensation is that it charges up to 100% and after I unplug it the LED stays lit up green until around 85%. Once it goes lower than that, the battery icon shows that its charging and the LED stays lit red but the battery percentage is decreasing and it continues to do so until around 60% remaining. Then when it gets to 59% the LED turns off then that is only the time that the time in the battery stats starts to record how long its been on battery for me. Sometimes at full charge when I start to use the phone for heavy usage such as games, the LED starts to change to red even if its around 95% and unplugged from the charger. There are times that when the LED light is red and I plug the charger to the phones USB port and not connect it to an outlet, the LED light turns off. I don't know what caused this since I just got my Sensation from another person. Still all features are working great and am able to flash ROMs normally. Kinda a flashaholic if its even called like that. No other issues other than this. I haven't tried to use a different battery since I don't have the extra cash yet. Please bear with my long post. Thanks.

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
This is not a problem. This is normal.

I go to work at 100% and dont use the phone much. Several hours later it still shows 100%.

Relax. Its not a bad thing. The battery is not draining rapidly and lying to you about it.

Sent from a rebel ship by storing the message in an R2 unit. (Help me, XDA. You're my only hope)

masondoctorjt

Apr 18, 2010
LG V60 ThinQ
It takes a few cycles to with right. I can use my phone for up to an hour, plug it in and the light is green. No big deal, as the phone doesn't want to overcharge the battery. As so as the percentage drops, it charges. It gets better as you use it more.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

then flash the rom

Battery percentage fluctuations are common when you just change a rom.. Even after reboot if the battery percentage goes up then within few minutes the percentage goes to its actual.. The battery requires some time to settle so when you change the rom or kernel these fluctuations do happen(remember these fluctions are in numbers only the battery charge doesn't increase Actually)

Once you use a same rom for like a week or so.. The battery stats sync up with your usage.. So no worries :D

Also regarding the temperature it seems like the battery you have doesn't have temperature sensors (anker doesn't have sensors too so always temperature is 11C for me)

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves