[Q] Not receiving 2.3.6 OTA update on 100% stock

Search This thread

triplexkush

Feb 20, 2012
St. Louis, USA
Hello all. I checked and no one has posted this yet so here it is. I am 100% stock on 2.3.5. I installed it through KIES so I am sure it's full stock. And it's been quite a while and I am not receiving the 2.3.6 update OTA. I don't know why. Do I have to download something? I don't know. Please help me out and thanks very much!:laugh:

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
what did you install through kies ? do you mean Odin ? if so what tar file did you use ? did you use sammobile.com tar ? what ROM you were on previously ? did you wipe throughly before flashing stock?

kastelicious

Jun 8, 2012
Garapan
Mine as well. I've received my Skyrocket already in 2.3.5 but somehow, I want to update it to 2.3.6 but whenever I check the Software update, is says that my current software is up to date. Any help please?

ActionMax09

May 30, 2012
Georgia
Mine as well. I've received my Skyrocket already in 2.3.5 but somehow, I want to update it to 2.3.6 but whenever I check the Software update, is says that my current software is up to date. Any help please?

What happens is that samsung clntinues to pull the updates. It has beem the third time it happens. When i had my phone 100% stock i updated mine from 2.3.5
to 2.3.6 and I went online to a forum to see what had changed. Many people were complaining about it especially me. Believe me they took away stuff rather then fixing it, for example wallpaper scroll. In conclusion 2 days later people were posting" I can't get the update" "what update" it is mainly because Samsung and att pull them out. Your phones are good don't worry.
:)

Hello all. I checked and no one has posted this yet so here it is. I am 100% stock on 2.3.5. I installed it through KIES so I am sure it's full stock. And it's been quite a while and I am not receiving the 2.3.6 update OTA. I don't know why. Do I have to download something? I don't know. Please help me out and thanks very much!:laugh:

Samsung Galaxy s2 Nuclear Rocket - Embryo 3.2 [UCLE2 BASE]
iPhone 4S - Gave it away, not cool enough
iPhone 3GS - Went for a Swim

Dog - Custom Rom [Golden Retriever] [BEAR2 BASE]

Reactions: triplexkush

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What happens is that samsung clntinues to pull the updates. It has beem the third time it happens. When i had my phone 100% stock i updated mine from 2.3.5
    to 2.3.6 and I went online to a forum to see what had changed. Many people were complaining about it especially me. Believe me they took away stuff rather then fixing it, for example wallpaper scroll. In conclusion 2 days later people were posting" I can't get the update" "what update" it is mainly because Samsung and att pull them out. Your phones are good don't worry.
    :)

Samsung Galaxy s2 Nuclear Rocket - Embryo 3.2 [UCLE2 BASE]
    iPhone 4S - Gave it away, not cool enough
    iPhone 3GS - Went for a Swim

Dog - Custom Rom [Golden Retriever] [BEAR2 BASE]