[ROM][SCH-I605][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Search This thread

FilletMinion

Apr 21, 2010
Not sure what you mean by "new WiFi stuff". sbrissen's latest wifi drivers are in it. but those, as far as i know, were only intended to reduce battery use. That said, I've never had any problems with my Verizon Galaxy Note II connecting to any wifi, and I've been using the cm10.1 builds for a couple of months, on a wide variety of wifi routers: crappy free wifi at airports, cafes, and bars, a couple of linksys routers chez-moi, some fancy-schmancy routers at work, etc., etc....

PS: I like "FilletMinion". At first I thought it was a typo. Then I got it :)

Oh OK I thought that the drivers might help my WiFi issues but if it was just for battery drain never mind. I've bought two different routers and can get nothing when I'm running 4.2. It seems like I am the only one who can't connect since no one else is reporting this issue. Very frustrating. Oh well I guess I will just have to wait for Verizon to push it out. Thanks for the help and not blasting me for not reading the entire thread.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

UnexplainedBacon

Oct 12, 2012
Mount Vernon WA
Hey all... Recently moved to CM10.1 from Beans 10. On Beans I was routinely ending the day with 30% battery left. 15 hours or so off charger. Suddenly on CM I seem to be getting much worse. I believe the cause is the Android OS pictured below. I don't recall ever seeing it anywhere near this high. I don't know what is causing such a high drain. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367702123055.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367702123055.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 323
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367702136002.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367702136002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 321

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Hey all... Recently moved to CM10.1 from Beans 10. On Beans I was routinely ending the day with 30% battery left. 15 hours or so off charger. Suddenly on CM I seem to be getting much worse. I believe the cause is the Android OS pictured below. I don't recall ever seeing it anywhere near this high. I don't know what is causing such a high drain. Any ideas?

Like 2 pages back this is being discussed, as it is throughout the entirety of the thread. It's a well known bug with no known cure as of yet.

dbrickg

Feb 11, 2012
Oh OK I thought that the drivers might help my WiFi issues but if it was just for battery drain never mind. I've bought two different routers and can get nothing when I'm running 4.2. It seems like I am the only one who can't connect since no one else is reporting this issue. Very frustrating. Oh well I guess I will just have to wait for Verizon to push it out. Thanks for the help and not blasting me for not reading the entire thread.

Well, I'm sorry if I chased you away from trying the latest cm10.1. It may well be that the new drivers would have helped... or not. I'm almost entirely ignorant of the internals.

sbrissen

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010

a week or so ago someone pointed out a fix for the 5ghz router issue and high channels. I merged it so if that was your issue it should be resolved now, only way to know is to try ;)

Reactions: DaRkL3AD3R

BobbysWorld83

Jan 14, 2013
Please!

I came from a 4.1.1 ROM and I backed up and formatted my card to Fat32,I'm now running this ROM and now my card isn't allowing me to restore anything from it, I can see it but can't do anything with it, no error message or anything.... I'm so confused... Please help ASAP

UnexplainedBacon

Oct 12, 2012
Mount Vernon WA
Yep. Back to Beans. Two days in a row of limited usage but my phone being in the red after less than 11 hours. Hopefully they can sort out the battery drain issue. I love so much about CM10.1 but I can't justify it if I have to charge before the end of the day even when running a 3200 mah battery.

strikeir13

Oct 23, 2010
Yep. Back to Beans. Two days in a row of limited usage but my phone being in the red after less than 11 hours. Hopefully they can sort out the battery drain issue. I love so much about CM10.1 but I can't justify it if I have to charge before the end of the day even when running a 3200 mah battery.

"They" don't have to sort out anything. The battery life, while maybe very slightly less than the best TW ROMs, is definitely good enough. This is on the Wednesday 5/1 nightly with two hours screen on.
qydyma3y.jpg

I don't know what your "limited usage" entails, but it seems to me that you have something keeping your phone awake. I would try a full clean wipe, checking all your apps, or the Matrix kernel before giving up on CM, your experience is not typical. Use Better Battery Stats or another app to see if your phone is deep sleeping.

FilletMinion

Apr 21, 2010
a week or so ago someone pointed out a fix for the 5ghz router issue and high channels. I merged it so if that was your issue it should be resolved now, only way to know is to try ;)

Too true back before I had a job I flashed a new Rom daily. Thanks for the clarification. I guess I do have the day off tomorrow no harm in giving it another go. I will report back on how it goes.

UnexplainedBacon

Oct 12, 2012
Mount Vernon WA
"They" don't have to sort out anything. The battery life, while maybe very slightly less than the best TW ROMs, is definitely good enough. This is on the Wednesday 5/1 nightly with two hours screen on.
qydyma3y.jpg

I don't know what your "limited usage" entails, but it seems to me that you have something keeping your phone awake. I would try a full clean wipe, checking all your apps, or the Matrix kernel before giving up on CM, your experience is not typical. Use Better Battery Stats or another app to see if your phone is deep sleeping.

I was told just a few responses up that this is a known issue with no known cure at this time. Now you say its me. All I know is running Beans I could easily make it through a day and well in to the next and still have 20% left. Now after flashing CM I am not even making it 12 hours. Nothing has changed on my end as far as usage. I wasn't trying to blame or disparage the CM team. Just going with what I was told.

I will try the things you mention and see if that helps before going back to Beans.

Thanks!

strikeir13

Oct 23, 2010
I was told just a few responses up that this is a known issue with no known cure at this time. Now you say its me. All I know is running Beans I could easily make it through a day and well in to the next and still have 20% left. Now after flashing CM I am not even making it 12 hours. Nothing has changed on my end as far as usage. I wasn't trying to blame or disparage the CM team. Just going with what I was told.

I will try the things you mention and see if that helps before going back to Beans.

Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you. You're right, it does seem that others are having that problem as well. I have experienced it on occasion as the mdm_hsic_pm0 wakelock. It keeps my phone awake and prevents deep sleeping, so I'm guessing this is what you're experiencing. For me, a reboot generally fixes it, or re-flashing whatever nightly I'm on with a cache/dalvik cache wipe. It happens more when I'm using wifi, but I haven't found anything that directly causes it yet. I agree, I hope that gets figured out, but barring that, my battery life is awesome, probably approaching 36 hours with 4-6 hours screen on time and almost all on LTE.

Like I mentioned in my first post, you could try the Matrix kernel. It doesn't seem to hurt battery life at all and it adds so many options (Voodoo Sound! huge difference), so it's very worth it to me. Good luck!

UnexplainedBacon

Oct 12, 2012
Mount Vernon WA
Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you. You're right, it does seem that others are having that problem as well. I have experienced it on occasion as the mdm_hsic_pm0 wakelock. It keeps my phone awake and prevents deep sleeping, so I'm guessing this is what you're experiencing. For me, a reboot generally fixes it, or re-flashing whatever nightly I'm on with a cache/dalvik cache wipe. It happens more when I'm using wifi, but I haven't found anything that directly causes it yet. I agree, I hope that gets figured out, but barring that, my battery life is awesome, probably approaching 36 hours with 4-6 hours screen on time and almost all on LTE.

Like I mentioned in my first post, you could try the Matrix kernel. It doesn't seem to hurt battery life at all and it adds so many options (Voodoo Sound! huge difference), so it's very worth it to me. Good luck!

You called it tho. I installed Better Battery Stats and after 8 hours "deep sleep" wasn't even on the list. Checked the various stats and sure enough mdm_hsic_pm0 was a big player. I did a reflash and now deep sleep shows up even after just locking the phone for a few minutes. Hopefully thats all it was.

FilletMinion

Apr 21, 2010

Hey just wanted to update and thank you. The new drivers fixed my issues I can connect again. Well at least my 5ghz will connect. 2.4 not so much. Happy to be back. Thanks for the help and the hard work.

nathan_barstow14

Aug 21, 2008
Athens, OH
Does anyone know if the GPS fix sbrissen applied to his 4/25 unofficial nightly has been merged into the official nightlies yet? I see the WiFi drivers/tweaks have made it, but have not seen anything about the GPS lately.

Thanks

UnexplainedBacon

Oct 12, 2012
Mount Vernon WA
Just felt the need to follow up my post from yesterday about the terrible battery life I was getting. I reflashed, installed better battery stats and a few other things... Here's the result! Much better. This is with over two hours of screen on time. Prior to the reflash I was below 15% after less than 12 hours, with similar screen on time. The phone wasn't going to deep sleep at all.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367896835445.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367896835445.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 365

Black6spdZ

May 7, 2006
Waterford MI
Just felt the need to follow up my post from yesterday about the terrible battery life I was getting. I reflashed, installed better battery stats and a few other things... Here's the result! Much better. This is with over two hours of screen on time. Prior to the reflash I was below 15% after less than 12 hours, with similar screen on time. The phone wasn't going to deep sleep at all.

I ditched the vzw roms and now flash and update the t0lte roms after also flashing the t0lte CWMR.. seems the international LTE note 2 gets a bit more preference

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

DOWNLOADS
    CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i605

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

CHANGELOG
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i605/cm10.1/next

BUG LIST
    -GPS: To get a lock using the new opensource gps use the workaround provided by Kejar: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39761558&postcount=702
    -BT Voice Search
    -5ghz wifi - seems to only work with low channels

Common t0lte issues: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...y:Known_issues
    Frequently asked Questions: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...0.1:t0lte:FAQs
    Wiki: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channel...cksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

DEAR KANGERS
    If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

SUPPORT US
    If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    cm-10.2-20130730-UNOFFICIAL-i605.zip

gapps-jb-20130726.zip

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Galaxy Note II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper, working recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
    - Copy CM10.2 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10/10.1:
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe data, we're not sure if everything will work yet.
    - Reboot

Known bugs:
    - some minor graphics glitches
    - screenshots, task switcher, electron beam, and some other minor ops
    - expect random app fc's (trebuchet, focal, etc)
    - what else?

All credit goes to CM, codeworkx, xplodwild & sbrissen!
    Im just filling in where I can while sbrissen is on a well deserved vacation. Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Progress is being made. My 10.2 builds are compiling OK now. I can flash and boot to the homescreen but anything I try to launch causes a soft reboot.
    Mine do the same and I have no cell signal. I think I messed up loading the props. Let me know if you make any progress or maybe slickrick will shine some light on the subject
    Pick these 4 commits and you should be good.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46557/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46558/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46556/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46246/
    Thank you sbrissen for developing for this awesome device and all of our donators who made it possible! None of this would have happened without you guys :)

You will lose S Pen and other Touchwiz functionality if you flash this but here is how you can get some of that functionality back!
    1. S Pen works (try out the app Papyrus as a replacement to S Note, Papyrus does utilize the S Pen button as well).
    2. Air View works (Go to settings, Language & input, check "Show icon when using stylus".
    3. The S Pen button works (Go to settings, Language & input, Stylus gestures, those all use the s pen button).
    4. Pop up browser = OverSkreen from the Google Play Store.
    5. I use the 4.2 Camera on Touchwiz anyway. There are plenty of good camera apps in the market if you want more features.
    6. Multiwindow. There is no alternative, dont ask.
    And here's some alternatives to Touchwiz apps (PM me if you want me to add something!)
    Code:
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.stickit"]Stick it! (Pop-up Player)[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clov4r.android.nil&hl=en"]MoboPlayer[/URL]- It's another very capable, free video player with floating player functionality. Plus its free!
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803284"]FloatNote[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ngarside.memo"]Memo[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steadfastinnovation.android.projectpapyrus"]Papyrus Beta[/URL]

If you want to come chat about this alpha release, join us on IRC channel #t0ltecdma on freenode.

DO NOT USE 20121011 GAPPS OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES, USE 20121212 GAPPS.

If you want to downgrade back to a 4.1.x ROM, flash the restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip attached below AFTER flashing back to 4.1.x ROM. Your storage situation will be how it was pre-CM10.1 flash. Thanks to madmack for the file.
    alright, I'm good with the phone logs. I submitted a change for speaker phone and it got merged so tonight's should have MOAR VOLUMEZ on speaker.

Still working on BT and gps.

and still looking for logs of apps where the mic isn't working.
    I'll be starting a cm10.2 thread shortly. For anyone thinking of flashing back to 10.1, not going to happen unless you do a clean install so backup first! A couple databases were updated and cannot be reverted.