[ROM][WWE][04-13-2009]At0mAng WM 6.5 Black Matter Powered|Build 21500|Beta 1

Search This thread

sulphuricaciduk

Sep 3, 2008
Staffordshire
File explorer

The links to the file explorer and notes etc, throw up errors such as "The file ':MSFTEXPLORE ' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
FYI, for my menu enhancement question --

I tried a new build, and the only change I made was using the Menu Enhancement package that's up on your 4shared. Previously, I'd been trying to use the cab from the menu enhancement thread. Cooked in, it worked just fine. The cab hadn't had any effect (although it's worked for me on 6.1 builds with the proper gwes).

Antzor

Oct 19, 2008
London
So far this is looking very good for daily use. I can't find any bugs other than that incorrect shortcut issue. but that barely even matters..

EDIT: Messaging has some stability issues. For example hundreds of little squares showing up in threaded message mode, and other messages vanishing for no apparent reason. I've had the app itself crash a few times, too

Last edited:
D

donottouch

I think wm 6.5 gonna have a big and long carrier 21500 is much stabile than any 6.1 i ever seen around. top of that more cook friendly :D

Daved+

May 25, 2008
I cannot turn on WiFi from the Comm Manager, it's grayed out.
Well, sometimes the WiFi option in the Comm Manager isn't grayed out and I can turn it on from there but pressing it to get the WiFi spots list always shows a corrupted screen.

Also the QuickGPS app doesn't run.

Daved+

May 25, 2008
Would be great to have GSM/WCDMA mode in the Comm Manager like some other ROMs.

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Yes I have seen that you need to turn on the WiFi in the settings before it works in Comm Manager. I will see if I can fix that.

I am working on a new beta build...

For the people that have cooked with 6.5 before...Does connection setup need to be cooked in since it appears that Win 6.5 has a built in?

Also has there been any conflicts between the HTC dialer and the stock windows 6.5 dialer?

It may be a couple of more days before I release the final version. I want to make different icons than what I used in my 6.1 builds since you can use a lot more graphic options and make some really nice icons :D

sulphuricaciduk

Sep 3, 2008
Staffordshire
Does the slide to answer on the dialer doesn't work for me, there's nothing to slide; I have to use the physical button to answer calls.

I've also noticed the SMS threaded messages issue with the squares. Also it seems quite easy to crash the phone trying to send an SMS:
Start typing someones name and it will show the best guess along the bottom of the screen (like in 6.1), but it will also show a drop down box underneath the name field with suggestions, if you click the one on the bottom of the screen, the phone crashes, picking one from the drop down works though.

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Yes I have seen that you need to turn on the WiFi in the settings before it works in Comm Manager. I will see if I can fix that.

I am working on a new beta build...

For the people that have cooked with 6.5 before...Does connection setup need to be cooked in since it appears that Win 6.5 has a built in?

Also has there been any conflicts between the HTC dialer and the stock windows 6.5 dialer?

It may be a couple of more days before I release the final version. I want to make different icons than what I used in my 6.1 builds since you can use a lot more graphic options and make some really nice icons :D

no do not cook in Connection Setup it included in sys i believe.

HTC Dialer has issues with 6.5 s2a(not the dialer but the s2a when phone is locked)

6.5 icons ftw :D.

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Does the slide to answer on the dialer doesn't work for me, there's nothing to slide; I have to use the physical button to answer calls.

I've also noticed the SMS threaded messages issue with the squares. Also it seems quite easy to crash the phone trying to send an SMS:
Start typing someones name and it will show the best guess along the bottom of the screen (like in 6.1), but it will also show a drop down box underneath the name field with suggestions, if you click the one on the bottom of the screen, the phone crashes, picking one from the drop down works though.

Thanks...one of my packages maybe corrupted since I am hearing about the same problems on my 6.1 ROM.

khals

Awesome ROM AtOmAng! :rolleyes:

So far I've only noticed missing shortcuts for "Clock & Alarms", "Today" and "Sound & Notifications".
The directory "\Windows\Start Menu\Settings" is also empty.

Update: I've compared your WM6.5 ROM to a HTC Kaiser running WM6.1 and see the following icons missing:
"Lock", "Menus", "Voice Speed Dial", "Backlight", "Key Lock", "Bluetooth", "CSD Line Type", "GPRS Setting", "HSDPA", and "SMS Service".

Keep up the good work! Much appreciated :D

Last edited: