S Off htc one S

Search This thread

lucius100

May 13, 2014
My phone Htc One s
i s off htc sensation XE before but this one S seems a bit tricky and difficult
i just want to confirm somethings before start it

- I read that The device need to be S4 not S3 , what exactly is S4 and how to check it?
- I check the guide section at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155135 and it says need to be rooted and have superCID and redirected me to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671643 and the page says he use guide from htc one x at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26516911#post26516911 and success , i don't know what he success at
i just need to follow the guide unlock using htcdev and it's s-off already ? or is it to unlock bootloader only?

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
S4 is the newer krait processor. Stock clock is 1.5ghz. S3 is an older CPU, clocked at 1.7ghz.

It's just two variants of the phone. If you have a US One S, then you likely have an s4.

You will need to unlock the boot loader and then s-off and root separately. SuperCID is required for some s-off, but not the newer ones. You will probably have to try all four s-off techniques before you find one that works. Facepalm did not work on mine, but moonshine did.

Reactions: lucius100

lucius100

May 13, 2014
i want to try moonshine method but it's only support ville c2
i know htc one s is ville but what is c2 stand for?
how do i know if my device is that type?

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012

Ville or S4 (The majority of phones are this type with the faster processor, especially if in the US)

Ville C2 or S3 (some asian and EU got this phone as there was a chip shortage at launch)

Z520e is S4
Z560e is S3

You can find it on you Box
or look at HBoot version, the S3 and S4 are different hboots

Moonshine has versions for both of these phones.

Reactions: lucius100

lucius100

May 13, 2014
Ville or S4 (The majority of phones are this type with the faster processor, especially if in the US)

Ville C2 or S3 (some asian and EU got this phone as there was a chip shortage at launch)

Z520e is S4
Z560e is S3

wow i just try moonshine and never know it's so simple from facepalm, i am stuck at facepalm hex editor because the content is not the same as the picture they described, and i use moonshine ville_c2 it take cares of all my thing and reboot it already s-off :good::good::good:

now i want to install custom rom cyanogenmod but at their official site only exist ville so that's for s4 only? :confused:
my phone is Z560e S3 :( , is there any way to enjoy cyanogenmod at this phone? i am their user for a long time already :angel:

Reactions: tivofool

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
wow i just try moonshine and never know it's so simple from facepalm, i am stuck at facepalm hex editor because the content is not the same as the picture they described, and i use moonshine ville_c2 it take cares of all my thing and reboot it already s-off :good::good::good:

now i want to install custom rom cyanogenmod but at their official site only exist ville so that's for s4 only? :confused:
my phone is Z560e S3 :( , is there any way to enjoy cyanogenmod at this phone? i am their user for a long time already :angel:

Yes, this Section is for your phone and full of Roms you can use. ---->One S C2 Android Development

lucius100

May 13, 2014
Yes, this Section is for your phone and full of Roms you can use. ---->One S C2 Android Development

hmmm if there's none i guess will use the original firmware.
I want to ask, how to detect and find large files?
this phone is second when i buy it , i can clear the external storage by format it but how to clear the internal?
it seems to have 3.90 gb other stuff stuck in internal i don't know where they located at
or is there any way to clear it cleanly?

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
hmmm if there's none i guess will use the original firmware.
I want to ask, how to detect and find large files?
this phone is second when i buy it , i can clear the external storage by format it but how to clear the internal?
it seems to have 3.90 gb other stuff stuck in internal i don't know where they located at
or is there any way to clear it cleanly?

If you go to settings and reset you will wipe all the data. So if there is any photos or music and stuff you want to keep transfer those to a pc.

lucius100

May 13, 2014
If you go to settings and reset you will wipe all the data. So if there is any photos or music and stuff you want to keep transfer those to a pc.

Sorry but i already try that , it seems it's not app music or photos,
my phone have 16gb but inside it has internal and external
my internal 6gb , even after reset it stil lshow 3.82gb / 6.07gb
3.82gb is used space and it's in "other" category so i seems can't find it
and my external 10gb , i just format it and it's clean

i try root browser, or other browser but it don't seem they have the capabilities to view folder size:crying:

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
Sorry but i already try that , it seems it's not app music or photos,
my phone have 16gb but inside it has internal and external
my internal 6gb , even after reset it stil lshow 3.82gb / 6.07gb
3.82gb is used space and it's in "other" category so i seems can't find it
and my external 10gb , i just format it and it's clean

i try root browser, or other browser but it don't seem they have the capabilities to view folder size:crying:

Oh, well nothing to worry about. Your 3.82 is just your Rom and apps. They are a little misleading about the 16gb.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S4 is the newer krait processor. Stock clock is 1.5ghz. S3 is an older CPU, clocked at 1.7ghz.

It's just two variants of the phone. If you have a US One S, then you likely have an s4.

You will need to unlock the boot loader and then s-off and root separately. SuperCID is required for some s-off, but not the newer ones. You will probably have to try all four s-off techniques before you find one that works. Facepalm did not work on mine, but moonshine did.

Z520e is S4
    Z560e is S3

Z520e is S4
    Z560e is S3