Navigation

Search This thread

slyd0997

Nov 26, 2011
San Diego, CA
Sometimes, when I am navigating, maps does not know where I am. For example when I come to a stop at a "T" intersection, maps shows me about 100 feet away from the intersection and then, when I make the turn, it may show me as going straight. *It eventually catches up to me. This does not happen all the time but enough to be annoying and dangerous. *I've tested it with my son's and husbands motoX side by side with and they don't have the issue. *Does anyone know if this is a software or a hardware issue? *Do other people have this problem too?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

mawells787

Feb 27, 2011
New York
Sometimes, when I am navigating, maps does not know where I am. For example when I come to a stop at a "T" intersection, maps shows me about 100 feet away from the intersection and then, when I make the turn, it may show me as going straight. *It eventually catches up to me. This does not happen all the time but enough to be annoying and dangerous. *I've tested it with my son's and husbands motoX side by side with and they don't have the issue. *Does anyone know if this is a software or a hardware issue? *Do other people have this problem too?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to question your smarts but do you switch to high accuracy mode? From battery saver or device only? You could also go into WiFi settings and let WiFi scan while off, it will get a better lock on your location.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

monorailmedic

Apr 17, 2011
I'd think the relates to the other thread we're in at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593098

I'm really going that we can get some action in this from Motorola as this is really not acceptable as location based use is really becoming a staple of smartphone use beyond just navigation. Tweet this thread to Motorola support.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app