Questions regarding a stock app and Jelly Bean

Search This thread

Demonlink14

Mar 9, 2013
Hi there. As the title suggests, I have a few questions about a certain stock app and another for Jelly Bean 4.2.

1.- I'd like to know if anybody can know what this app does. I didn't notice it till today, and before you ask anything, my phone is new, it has only 3 days of use, and it's not rooted. For those curious, it's a BLU Dash 5.0 running JB 4.2. I can't read chinese but as I was saying, I find it a little, odd, to have it as a stock app. Why stock? Because I can't uninstall it but I can disable it. I haven't done so since I don't know what the app does. Here are the screenshots:

Screenshot_2014-01-25-10-03-51_zpsf4ebfdbc.png
Screenshot_2014-01-25-10-34-47_zps523e29b0.png
Screenshot_2014-01-25-10-34-55_zps35a015e5.png

2.- My next question regards the RAM. I know Jelly Bean is slightly different and heavier than ICS, but is the RAM I have in my screenshot, well, normal for the activities running? (My phone has 512 mb as the minimum required). Of course, I have no idea if it's an issue since I experience no lag. (Sorry if it's a noobish question :p ), yet on ICS, I had around 130 mb or so free. But does having free RAM really matter?

Screenshot_2014-01-25-19-15-20_zps6a56b48b.png

I appreciate any response given, thank you for your time.

erikalin

Sep 4, 2012
Twin Cities, Mini Soda USA
Hi. For the first, disable it and see if anything useful stops working. It's probably not tied in with anything you actually need. If it is? Enable it.

For the second, don't worry about RAM. If there is no lag then it's a good thing. RAM keeps necessary stuff at the ready. In fact, not having things in RAM can create lag for that very reason.

Hope this helps, mate. Cheers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edit: forgot to affirm that yes, JB needs more RAM, and with only 512 you won't have much still free.

Last edited:

Demonlink14

Mar 9, 2013
Hi. For the first, disable it and see if anything useful stops working. It's probably not tied in with anything you actually need. If it is? Enable it.

For the second, don't worry RAM. If there is no lag then it's a good thing. RAM keeps necessary stuff at the ready. In fact, not having things in RAM can create lag for that very reason.

Hope this helps, mate. Cheers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your quick reply! :D So, the RAM issue is normal? Oh thanks, I thought that the app I mentioned was tied to the RAM, but I guess it's not. Thank you!

Demonlink14

Mar 9, 2013
Okay, I just got that weird app to show up on my RAM, apparently it runs 2 services called "UI service" and "SS". Also it has the name of com.port.win... Any ideas about it?

EDIT: Wait, it was another chinese app I had on my downloads. I didn't download that! Is this a wormhole or something??? I just uninstalled it.

Last edited:

Demonlink14

Mar 9, 2013
Information about what this log does?

Okay, sorry for double posting by the way. I found this log inside my SD Card and was wondering if it's related to the app. Can somebody please tell me what this log does? I'll leave it as an attachment.

As always, I appreciate any help given thanks. :D
(By the way, I removed my IMEI from inside the log for security reasons).

Attachments

• 2014-01-22appservice.txt
    72 KB · Views: 2