Disabling Phone/3G

Search This thread

cliefan

Jul 4, 2007
Kalamazoo
Looking for a ROM for my old Droid1 to use wifi only...no phone/3g...or is there a way to disable it...build.prop mod?

gildan27

Sep 5, 2010
Looking for a ROM for my old Droid1 to use wifi only...no phone/3g...or is there a way to disable it...build.prop mod?

I did this with my old Droid. I just used the latest build of CM7 for it. You can use the power widget that is included with CM7 and select the Disable Mobile Data option. Some homescreen apps, like LauncherPro, can hide apps from the drawer, so you could hide Phone/Contacts/etc. This worked well for me.

Resix

Jan 23, 2012
I did this with my old Droid. I just used the latest build of CM7 for it. You can use the power widget that is included with CM7 and select the Disable Mobile Data option. Some homescreen apps, like LauncherPro, can hide apps from the drawer, so you could hide Phone/Contacts/etc. This worked well for me.

But he does not want to hide the apps, he wants to disable the telephone function, right? The only way to realize this is using the airplane mode ...

cliefan

Jul 4, 2007
Kalamazoo
Sorry getting back to this soo late....busy week of work.

My plan is to use this for my 4yr old as a teaching device. Reading/Writing/math with Time limits/etc...The idea would be that phone/gps would be permanently off, wifi enabled.

Looking into the Parental Control App too.

shalom06

Feb 25, 2011
Mumbai
Sorry getting back to this soo late....busy week of work.

My plan is to use this for my 4yr old as a teaching device. Reading/Writing/math with Time limits/etc...The idea would be that phone/gps would be permanently off, wifi enabled.

Looking into the Parental Control App too.

why dont u try freezing or uninstalling the dialer ...idk if it can cause any problems with the system haven't tried doin it:)

Dave Lister

Feb 16, 2010
Use a custom launcher like ADW and remove any shortcuts to the phone and contact apps. That way your kid can't accidentally dial 911.