[ROM] Revolver 4 by Gnufabio | 4.2.1 - IC421(G) | Sep 5 | TF101-TF101G-SL101 | Fast

Search This thread

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
no microphone

I installed Revolver 4 rc1 a couple days ago. Running stable. I had constant crashes with browser on HC.

I just tried to run Soundhound and then Shazam unsuccessfully. I then tried the sound recorder and got a message of an internal application error. Apparently I have no mic now. Anyone else have this issue or have a suggestion?

Thanks

Update- flashed back to HC with nan back and voice works fine in all apps. Flashed Revolver 4 back and again the mic will work one time and then is gone. I am on test kernel 17c and I also tried 16b

Problem solved- reinstalled ROM over existing configuration.

Last edited:

ppzoid

Nov 27, 2010
I installed Revolver 4 rc1 a couple days ago. Running stable. I had constant crashes with browser on HC.

I just tried to run Soundhound and then Shazam unsuccessfully. I then tried the sound recorder and got a message of an internal application error. Apparently I have no mic now. Anyone else have this issue or have a suggestion?

Thanks

Update- flashed back to HC with nan back and voice works fine in all apps. Flashed Revolver 4 back and again the mic will work one time and then is gone. I am on test kernel 17c and I also tried 16b

I tried recording and everything works fine for me.

MarkyG82

Oct 26, 2010
What is the issue with TB?

If restoring app and data from a previous android version you will likely see problems. I have experienced this on 5 separate devices since android 2.2. IIRC restoring to sub releases (4.0.3 - 4.0.4) shouldn't cause issues.

If it's unrelated then I appologise for interupting. Carry on ;-)

majorassface

Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
is there a cifs module for the ICS rom ?
I was very happy with the cifs module on pre-ICS Revolver roms. But with the ICS we lost the cifs module.
How can we get that back ?

Do a google searh for CIFS ICS or something like that. There is one floating around here somewhere with all the modules you need and they work ok with ICS. You'll have to insmod but they work.

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What is the issue with TB?

If restoring app and data from a previous android version you will likely see problems. I have experienced this on 5 separate devices since android 2.2. IIRC restoring to sub releases (4.0.3 - 4.0.4) shouldn't cause issues.

If it's unrelated then I appologise for interupting. Carry on ;-)

I haven't had any issues whatsoever restoring apps and app data when flashing ICS on my phone or Transformer with MyBackupPro. That being said, it seems there's always something in the early builds of ICS for various devices that give TB problems. It'll get sorted.

zdalin2003

Dec 6, 2007
London, ON
I haven't had any issues whatsoever restoring apps and app data when flashing ICS on my phone or Transformer with MyBackupPro. That being said, it seems there's always something in the early builds of ICS for various devices that give TB problems. It'll get sorted.

i also had problems with TB, and installing busybox solved it for me (i couldn't freeze or uninstall apps)

Reactions: crzycrkr

kukky

Sep 3, 2008
Bologna
i think first fabio needs to optimize the rom...but now he has busy time

Inviato dal mio Transformer TF101 usando Tapatalk

cholywell

Sep 20, 2011
Regina
twitter.com
having a issue with Titanium backup, anybody else?

Its telling you SU does not have the correct permissions? Yes I had problems with it and other apps that needed root access. There was some discussion on this many pages back. There was a fix discussed along with many people saying just to ignore it and its not really a problem which is incorrect. SU in this rom is borked. The way to fix it is to get Busybox Installer from the Market and run it. It to will complain about not having root access but you need to run it a few times, maybe try restarting until it works. It will properly fix the SU problems.

frater

Aug 10, 2005
Its telling you SU does not have the correct permissions? Yes I had problems with it and other apps that needed root access. There was some discussion on this many pages back. There was a fix discussed along with many people saying just to ignore it and its not really a problem which is incorrect. SU in this rom is borked. The way to fix it is to get Busybox Installer from the Market and run it. It to will complain about not having root access but you need to run it a few times, maybe try restarting until it works. It will properly fix the SU problems.

After having confirmed that Titanium Backup somehow has a problem on my Asus, I would like to confirm that these problems disappeared after installing "busybox installer" from "Google Play".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features
    • Fast AS HELL
    • Deodexed
    • Speed up & optimizations
    • Lot of plugins in Revolver Parts (not now, in the future)
    • Face unlock
    • Advanced power dialog

FAQs
    • What's the actual version?
      In the second part of the thread's name you can find both the numeric version and the code-version. The former is expressed in this way: branch.version[.subversion]. Usually a subversion consists of a bugfix release. The latter is expressed in this way: AABC[D], where AA is the Android version on which the firmware is based (for example HC or IC), B is the hexadecimal value of the branch, C is the hexadecimal value of the version and D is the hexadecimal value of the subversion.
    • I want to increase the sensitivity of the touchscreen. What could I do?
      There is an app for that. Give a look here
    • Guys I can't download anything from Revolver Parts, what could I do?
      Sometimes server can have some problems; however if you can't download from the app you can manually download the packages from the Revolver repository.
    • Will Cornerstone be integrated in this ROM?
      NO, NO DAMNED CORNERSTONE WILL BE ADDED. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. ASK GOD TO DO THIS INSTEAD OF CLUTTERING THIS THREAD. STOP ASKING IT.

Licensing
    Revolver ROM, Revolver Parts and Revolver plugins (the one done by me) are distributed under Creative Commons 3 BY-NC-ND license. If you want to use a part of my work, please send me a PM and ask for permissions.
    You may not use ROMs component, Revolver Parts plugins and other stuff done by me working hard hours without asking for permission, that's it.
    More details on the license:
    Don't worry guys, I'm releasing a new version within the end of this week, and Revolver Parts 4 will come soon ;)
    I'm working on the latest Asus update, please, some patience!