[GS3] Swap External and Internal SD on CM10.0 for More Storage

Search This thread

misd3vi0us

Jul 19, 2013
Is your SD Card Formatted to FAT32 ? Did you try also placing the Script in : system/etc/init.d simultaneously ?

Alright. I tried this. It managed to swap out the external sd but the internal still remains the same at 12gb. My card is FAT32. Take a look at attached. This is what smanager says. There is no directory after extSdCard that says external_sd. The second attachment is what shows. How should the script be edited?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-22-14-32-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-22-14-32-21.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_2013-07-22-14-36-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-22-14-36-31.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_2013-07-22-14-36-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-22-14-36-36.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_2013-07-22-14-38-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-22-14-38-44.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 121
D

Deleted member 5864487

Sorry, but for i9300 cm11? I didn't find anything about a swap method or a guide..

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Mystina83

Aug 7, 2013
Acton
help in right direction.

Hello I've been searching around the past few days looking for a way to swap my external and internal memory for my cynaogen mod 11 and came across this thread. I see the link says cm10 and after a little bit of search I am not coming up with a link for the mod I am using. Can anyone point me in a good direction? I have tried a few apps on the play store with no luck and just received my 64 gb card in the mail a little over a week ago and am eager to put it to good use. Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated, Thank You.

Mystina83

Aug 7, 2013
Acton
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Morteza.G

Sep 20, 2014
internal and external sd is formatted

I have a problem with my Samsung galaxy w .. My phone get stuck at the samsung galaxy w and cyanogenmod logo.. I cant even reach the loading part of cyanogenmod.. The worst part is my internal storage and external sd had been reformatted!! Help Me!!
If you have custom recovery like "clockworkmod" recovery. go to Mount and Storage/"mount USB storage", and connect your phone in to your pc, then you can transfer your ROM or Backup to restore or install the compitable "ROM"! Give it a THANKS!! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, this is based off of this thread by mattiadj. I recommend you read over that thread before continuing on here. I couldn't post a reply there since I'm not a dev.

That thread is for the international Galaxy SIII I9300, I9305. This is for the US version (SPH-L710). Basically it just remounts the internal storage as the external SD, and vice versa. I used the original script posted in mattiadj's thread and tweaked the storage locations to work with our device. I used a 32GB SD card for this, and when all was said and done, I had 29GB of internal storage and 12GB of external storage, as shown in the attached screenshot.

You do need root. The standard disclaimer applies: I'm not responsible if you bork or brick your phone. Make a backup first.

The steps are:
    1. Install the free Script Manager - SManager from the play store.
    2. Download the attached script (11extsd2internalsd--CM10--L710.txt). You might have to right click and save as.
    3. Rename the file to remove the .txt file extension. I couldn't upload it as .sh or with no extension.
    4. Place the script in /data. You'll need some file manager with root access, such as Root Browser Lite.
    5. Set the script permissions to 0777.
    6. Open SManager, select browse as root, and then OK.
    7. Browse to the script located in /data and select it. Open as "Script/Executable"
    8. Tap on the boxes for Su and Boot, and then Save and Exit
    9. Reboot your phone!

If this doesn't work for you for some reason, you may need to tweak the script for your device. I had to change /dev/block/vold/179:49 to /dev/block/vold/179:97 and replace all the /mnt/extSdCard with /mnt/external_sd. You may also need to change a vfat to an exfat, depending on how your MicroSD card is formatted.

Good luck!
    I don't want to sound like a noob, but is there a mod for TW? I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find any fixes aside from DirectoryBind, which isn't working for me. :(

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849861

[MOD]App2ExtSD2 [Works for all U.S. Galaxy S3!]
    I used this mod for my tw rom

SPH-L710_ Codename_JB
    Any chance we will see an update to work for 4.2?

This script is for CM 10.0 (4.1.2). I'll probably update it when CM 10.1 (4.2) goes stable.

Feel free to tweak it to your needs though. In a terminal on your device, type "mount" and it will list the current mount points. One will be something like /dev/block/vold/179:97 , though you might have to change those numbers at the end. You might also have to change some of the other mount points in the script, but I don't have a phone to test on. I'm not messing with mine until I update. It took forever to get it just how I like it! :D
    Is your SD Card Formatted to FAT32 ? Did you try also placing the Script in : system/etc/init.d simultaneously ?
    You can redirect specific folders with an app like FolderMount.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
    senygy6y.jpg

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

I will look into that one. Thank you!