Help Updating a Rooted z1s

Search This thread

PokoJoE

Aug 29, 2014
Recently Sony has launched the Kit Kat 4.4.4 on the T-Mobile Xperia Z1s. I have the Original 4.3 Jellybean Rooted. I would like to update but I downloaded the update thru my phone and it gives me the DEODEX menu I think is what it is called. I am a newbie or a beginner in this. I did the root myself reading and following steps. Is there anyone who can help me out because I know the Z1s comes with bootloader locked. I had to rooted not like many other phones with just one click or a few steps and its done. Please don't judge me or tell me What I should Do. I came here because I know you guys are the best and know WAY MORE BEYOND I know. Please Let me know how to update it with out loosing any info or root. I do not run custom roms, I have also always wondered what are those for, what do they do. But I do not modify anything on my phone but just the SuperSU that grants permission to certain apps that need root access.

Thanks.:cyclops:

electrash

Aug 31, 2011
Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
You can't update it with root on it.
You need to flash stock rom or unroot to install update and then root it again if new firmware is rootable.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app