[RECOVERY](Updated 2-8-14) Official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7

Search This thread

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Here is the official ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7 non-touch images and touch images for the Nexus 10 enjoy :cyclops:!

Credit goes to Koush for releasing the official ClockworkMod Recovery images

These are safe to flash via fastboot.

Non-Touch

http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-manta.img

Touch

http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.7-manta.img

These can be flashed via fastboot using the following commands:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/.img
fastboot reboot

Once again enjoy :victory:!

Note: To get the recovery to stick on reboot when Clockworkmod Recovery asks you if you want rename flash-recovery.sh or similar say "Yes", this will allow you to keep Clockworkmod Recovery installed permanently (Unless you flash a different recovery image) when you reboot your phone.

Last edited:

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
These reboot randomly as well. I've been trying to get TWRP to work, but TWRP is doing the same thing. Nothing in dmesg or last_kmsg to help either. :/

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
These reboot randomly as well. I've been trying to get TWRP to work, but TWRP is doing the same thing. Nothing in dmesg or last_kmsg to help either. :/

Also sdcard mount does not work nor anything reading from sdcard... only thing working is adb sideload.

Ok that is really bizare, both CWMR and TWRP are not working right and encountering similar issues regarding random reboots and mount issues. Whats odd is other people are experiencing random reboots during regular use even when not in recovery. I'm starting to believe that something Google might have to put out at fix for software wise may be needed.

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
So I take it no more "booting" the temporary ones posted before for the Nexus 4/Nexus 10? We can go ahead and "flash" these ones right?

Also sdcard mount does not work nor anything reading from sdcard... only thing working is adb sideload.

i cant even get the sideload to work to get SU installed. Its driving me crazy. I keep trying it over and over again with the same result. As soon as i go over to recovery it unmounts from the computer then the sideload command fails due to computer losing connection with it. "Device not found"

Tried both CWM versions now .5 and .6

Not my first time around the block with rooting :-/

Used heimdall suite to flash my GS2.. any way to get it to push the .zip file for SU over to the phone? Push the recovery img then push the .zip maybe?

joeski27

Feb 24, 2011
So I never even ended up trying to sideload anything, I just flashed the official recovery, then went immediately to recovery from fastboot, and once there I just flashed the SU zip and now I have root. Of course, CWMR doesn't work (i.e. if I use Quick Boot to boot to recovery it just takes me to the stock recovery, and if I try to go to recovery from fastboot manually, I just get the dead android w/red triangle).

Finally got it... helped to just get the supersu on the root of the device. I used the fastboot commands to get to cwm touch and then I quickly installed it through the interface. I couldn't sideload. The device won't recognize adb when I'm in fastboot mode at all. I don't know what I was doing wrong in that instance, but using cwm briefly let me install supersu. Thanks for your help! Surprising this is so buggy considering it's a nexus... and it's not the nexus that's excluded from AOSP. Go figure!

I had to do it this way in order to get root. Finally.. been working on this for like 5ish hours now.. what a pain. Hopefully there will be an easier route for everyone else and a CWM that does not reboot in 20ish seconds soon. Good luck to everyone that goes this route.. it takes a lot of trial and error

damien667

Oct 27, 2008
I took apart CWM touch 6.0.1.6 and fixed reboot after 20 sec

I took the stock recovery.img from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#mantarayjop40c, unpacked it, copied over the recovery binary from cwm touch 6.0.1.6 and resource files into the ramdisk... repacked it, and voila... no more reboots!

I'm sure Koush will eventually figure out what's going on with his automatic build system... my manually made recovery seems to work ok.

Please have at it (and feel free to thank me and report bugs), and if you want a tgz of my "unpacked" recovery I'll upload as well. You can also just unpack my uploaded file and see where the differences are yourself.

I've done recovery mods in the past for the G1, G2, and Gnexus when stuff like this happens when a device first comes out and recoveries have bugs in them.

Just "fastboot flash recovery $file.img" to try it out. I've got it running on my nexus 10 already and it hasn't rebooted (I succesfully installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 )

Attachments

• recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.6-manta-Wfix-by-damien667.img
    6.2 MB · Views: 4,174

The-Kevster

Nov 2, 2007
London, UK
I took the stock recovery.img from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#mantarayjop40c, unpacked it, copied over the recovery binary from cwm touch 6.0.1.6 and resource files into the ramdisk... repacked it, and voila... no more reboots!

I'm sure Koush will eventually figure out what's going on with his automatic build system... my manually made recovery seems to work ok.

Please have at it (and feel free to thank me and report bugs), and if you want a tgz of my "unpacked" recovery I'll upload as well. You can also just unpack my uploaded file and see where the differences are yourself.

I've done recovery mods in the past for the G1, G2, and Gnexus when stuff like this happens when a device first comes out and recoveries have bugs in them.

Just "fastboot flash recovery $file.img" to try it out. I've got it running on my nexus 10 already and it hasn't rebooted (I succesfully installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 )

Great work! If you could post the unpacked version I'd appreciate it. I was trying to build a fixed version without success and would like to compare.

Lumsdoni

Nov 20, 2007
Hitchin, UK
So,

Am I right in thinking...

cd to the adb tools folder where the sdk is saved.

I need to unlock the boot loader via fastboot oem.

Then copy your file to the same directory on my Mac

Then type in the command line you suggested with the correct filename?

After that I will be rooted

Swype'd at pace from my Galaxy S2

damien667

Oct 27, 2008
Here's my working tree

Great work! If you could post the unpacked version I'd appreciate it. I was trying to build a fixed version without success and would like to compare.

I used this tool to unpack and re-pack the image: https://github.com/huaixzk/unpackbootimg.git

Attached is my current working tree as a tar.gz

Edit: the tool in that git repo is missing a step to gunzip | cpio the ramdisk... I made a shell script to do that for me when unpacking and repacking
Edit2: I added the wrapper scripts I made for posterity :D

Attachments

• cwm-touch-6.0.1.6-manta-Wfix-by-damien667-unpacked.tar.gz
    6.2 MB · Views: 65
  • unpack_repack-bash-wrappers.tar.gz
    819 bytes · Views: 19
Last edited:

Underworld79

Sep 15, 2012
Berkeley

Wow! It worked perfectly... You are a genius. No more random reboots in recovery! Thank you. I have one question... Are you able to do the same for TWRP for the Nexus 10, if possible?

damien667

Oct 27, 2008
Wow! It worked perfectly... You are a genius. No more random reboots in recovery! Thank you. I have one question... Are you able to do the same for TWRP for the Nexus 10, if possible?

I could probably do it to TWRP as well (later today, it's sleep time for me)... however, I don't know where the latest nexus 10 recovery image is from them (considering it's not in this forum).

Reactions: Underworld79

joeski27

Feb 24, 2011

Well I just flashed your version of the recovery, and after doing "fastboot-mac reboot" and rebooting, I tried rebooting to recovery via adb, and unfortunately it brought me back to the dead android red triangle screen. In fact, I can't even get to CWMR at all. Anyone else??

And to be clear, I have successfully rooted, so at this point I'm just trying to get a functioning version of CWMR on the tablet, if possible.

joeski27

Feb 24, 2011
Did you try holding power and pressing Vol+ when booting recovery? That's how you enter stock recovery.

Yeah I know that, but I'm not trying to enter stock recovery, I'm trying to enter the custom recovery (which is the supposed "stable" one by damien) which I've installed. And it only let me access CWMR immediately after flashing it. However anytime afterwards I simply cannot access it again:

1) tried "adb reboot recovery" and it brings me to the dead android w/red triangle
2) tried getting to recovery via the Quick Boot app, and the same thing happens
3) tried getting to recovery via the normal holding buttons down to get to bootloader, then going to recovery manually from there, and a no-go as well.

In the end, all that happens is I have to toggle the buttons once I get to the dead android screen, and the menu for the stock recovery appears, which allows me to reboot. But as for CWMR, it is nowhere to be found. WTF.

Randomwalker

Dec 5, 2011
Did you reboot after installing CWM? If so, did you remove install.sh, that will restore the stock recovery?

Top Liked Posts