[OFFICIAL][ROM]AOKP-JB for the d2vzw

Search This thread

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C

THATTON

Aug 27, 2007
Bakersfield
Do me a favor bro!. Reboot. Can you still send MMS?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE

Yes you can. And to jbzcar. Kwes made this build because Mike Frost was bugging him about it and him and I tested it. It is running extremely well. You can never have too many options. And he is Team Kang.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bgolden84

Sep 24, 2009
franklin N.C:
WOW. thats all i can say is wow. apparently we need for the major android phone makers to slow down there production of new phones XDA has turned into a bunch of kids *****ing about there phone not doing what they want. IF IT DOES NOT WORK FEEL FREE TO FIX IT YOURSELF. no need to whine to the devs it does not make them want to fix it for you. nothing wrong with bug reports with a logcat attached. if you have a bug to report its best to make sure of a few things
1 can you reproduce the bug
2 have you searched for a fix (with all the great minds here on xda chances are theres a fix for your problem search and see.
3 if you can reproduce it tell the dev how and throw in a link to a log cat from paste bin. this will be alot more helpful than "data sux" "mms is broke"
these are not helpful to the dev.

happy flashing to all and please please please search read and then post if you have a bug or question\
sorry for adding a useless post but i feel that it was needed

jbzcar

Jun 8, 2007
WOW. thats all i can say is wow. apparently we need for the major android phone makers to slow down there production of new phones XDA has turned into a bunch of kids *****ing about there phone not doing what they want. IF IT DOES NOT WORK FEEL FREE TO FIX IT YOURSELF. no need to whine to the devs it does not make them want to fix it for you. nothing wrong with bug reports with a logcat attached. if you have a bug to report its best to make sure of a few things
2 have you searched for a fix (with all the great minds here on xda chances are theres a fix for your problem search and see.
3 if you can reproduce it tell the dev how and throw in a link to a log cat from paste bin. this will be alot more helpful than "data sux" "mms is broke"

happy flashing to all and please please please search read and then post if you have a bug or question\

Chill out, man. Jesus.

jbzcar

Jun 8, 2007
look around at all the different rom threads and you will see what i mean. its rampant. so no i wont chill out its uncalled for.

You added so much to this thread. Thanks! :good:

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Yes you can. And to jbzcar. Kwes made this build because Mike Frost was bugging him about it and him and I tested it. It is running extremely well. You can never have too many options. And he is Team Kang.

Oh, I agree. :)

salas2324

Jan 11, 2011
Houston
www.myascend.org

i hope your not talking me cuz, 1 on the official build of CM and older Unofficial, yes. you can reproduce the bug. 2. yes i Have a way to fix my Problem but Its A Temp Fix. 3. i didnt say "mms is broke" i said "IS mms broke". and before you say "well search and read" i HAVE. and thanks to someone on this thread who replied to me, i have my answer. if you where not directing this at me, please disregard this. and so people know, i DO know what im talking about.

Reactions: bgolden84

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Sweet man thanks!

After looking at it I would have to port it because that is an ics commit. It looks like it shouldn't be too hard, but I will have to make sure it doesn't break/affect other devices. And figure out where to setup the tweak since, our settings/tweaks setups from aokp to cm are alot different. I will toy with it to figure out the real possibilities when I get time.

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
After looking at it I would have to port it because that is an ics commit. It looks like it shouldn't be too hard, but I will have to make sure it doesn't break/affect other devices. And figure out where to setup the tweak since, our settings/tweaks setups from aokp to cm are alot different. I will toy with it to figure out the real possibilities when I get time.

Really the only thing i use out of the patch is the long press menu for search, global search, in app search with haptic feedback.

Smok3d

Mar 26, 2011
This is my first time trying an AOKP rom and I think it's pretty awesome so far. Can't wait to give a full test tomorrow.. Another question and it might be OT, so please excuse me, I would like to ask is where do I go to get themes for this? Could someone please link me? Thanks in advance!

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
This is my first time trying an AOKP rom and I think it's pretty awesome so far. Can't wait to give a full test tomorrow.. Another question and it might be OT, so please excuse me, I would like to ask is where do I go to get themes for this? Could someone please link me? Thanks in advance!

The market search cm9 or cm10 them

It uses the same theme engine as cm10 so any theme that works for cm10 will work on aokp

Reactions: kwes1020

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas

Any cm9/10/aokp theme from the play store should work with it. Speaking of I still need to update my play store themes to jellybean.. More stuff to add to the to do list haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Haro912 and Smok3d

Smok3d

Mar 26, 2011
Any cm9/10/aokp theme from the play store should work with it. Speaking of I still need to update my play store themes to jellybean.. More stuff to add to the to do list haha

Thanks bro. I was just wondering if ICS and JB themes would work for each other. Thanks for confirming!

LXative

Dec 7, 2010
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S22
Ok, had a brainfart.......but realized it was my own mistake. Got AOKP up and running. Now for some reason I don't have data. I'm trying to sign in to my Google stuff and get my phone all straightened out, and its prompting me to use Wifi since it says my data isn't currently available (yes I am probably 1 out of 1,000 that doesn't have access to wifi at home).

Going to reboot and hopefully it will work......

Last edited:

Smok3d

Mar 26, 2011
Ok, had a brainfart.......but realized it was my own mistake. Got AOKP up and running. Now for some reason I don't have data. I'm trying to sign in to my Google stuff and get my phone all straightened out, and its prompting me to use Wifi since it says my data isn't currently available (yes I am probably 1 out of 1,000 that doesn't have access to wifi at home).

This happened to me, i just waited like 15 seconds and my 4g popped up.

LXative

Dec 7, 2010
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S22

This happened to me, i just waited like 15 seconds and my 4g popped up.
Hmmm. I remember when I got my phone activated in the store, it took a bit for 3G or 4G to come in. I had this ROM up and running for a good 10-15 minutes now......but nothing is coming up for data.

***I take that back, I have the 3G showing, just no 4G. But still, the phone won't log-in to Google......let alone Google Play or anything requiring internet/data.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If something is broke or not functioning properly please let me know.

aokptitleblue-1.png

Checkout the ROM Features list here.
    Checkout the comprehensive FAQ by Brainfire.

changelog-2.png

You can find the latest changelogs at the AOKP site.

• Changelog: 8-20-2012
    • Add the following cherry-picks from AOKP Gerrit (thanks Brandon McAnsh)
    • Ib50d7484track d2vzw
    • I628668e1Add NT_MODE's for NETWORK_MODE's 8 and 10
    • Icf45a66dRadioInfo: Update the network type listing
    • I934f1835CDMA NV mode OTA dialogs
    • Idea2dad2Add d2vzw to the game
    • Added the following commit from Nitroz
    • I01941fc1Fixed the sync toggle icon as the previous one was a little off
    • Brought in all new merged changes from AOKP Source as of 8-20-2012 11:12pm CST

installation-1.png

• Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    • MAKE A NANDROID
    • wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    • flash ROM
    • flash Gapps
    • reboot

downloads-4.png

xoomdev has picked up building for this device. So I will link his builds so he can keep an eye on this thread for feedback. So thank him not me.
    Latest build

GAPPS

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to xoomdev
    Donate to kwes1020
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Zaphoid-Beeble
    Donate to Protekk
    Donate to Sethyx

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.
    If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!

source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Our gerrit is a great way to stay up to date on the latest changes. http://gerrit.sudoservers.com
    Kwes1020's personal github

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.

But to contact me I am easy to find on twitter @kwes1020 since I hardly use irc.
    As you have heard, the device has been officially added to our support list. So expect to find the nightlies and official builds as the rest of the devices get them too. I will update this thread with links as soon as I see them.

PS xoomdev says hi, he dont have enough posts to post in this section lol.
    Well protekk picked up a d2vzw today he's already got my source in hand as well. So I'm sure more/better things will come soon. I'll try to post another build tonight but not sure how much longer I'll support this unofficial since some people who are much more capable have the device in hand. Or I may turn it into a kang of sorts with added features that I do as I port them or add them. Haven't decided yet.

If you want to post in this thread just to piss and moan please go post on 4chan instead. You are not helping anyone here by posting that bs. I'm simply sharing builds I've made to give users different ROM options.

Yes bmc 's build is probably better, but no its not the same as mine it uses different tool chains and mods that I do not like to use and aokp does not use at all. I am attempting to give users the exact experience of an official build on an unofficial device.

I post and port builds to learn and to share. This is a development forum and thread so please take your off topic remarks to off-topic forums as they do not aide the development of this ROM.

Thank you, I am glad that some of you enjoy this ROM. That is why we do what we do.

Looks like xoomdev is trying to get himself an d2vzw, and BMc08GT has started posting stuff to gerrit. I may add his setups to the next build to test them vs the ones I have made so far, since he actually has the device. So yall may be getting some official support sooner then I expected.